New 10.4.8 kernel release with *full* speedstep support.

paulicat

64 posts in this topic

well, ive fixed the 100mhz issue, that was a mistake, i missed it in the source. And the kext is a startup item, so its auto-loaded on system startup after the system is ready :lol:

Edit: And stay tuned for new kernel + kext releases next week

well, ive fixed the 100mhz issue, that was a mistake, i missed it in the source. And the kext is a startup item, so its auto-loaded on system startup after the system is ready :)
I see.
Edit: And stay tuned for new kernel + kext releases next week
I will :)

Ok, I need to know the locations of all the files of the installer so I can delete them.

Sorry guys, It's causing random crashes on a T4210 that's verified A-OK.

I need to revert to SF9 but the extranious SpeedStep files cause crashes whenever I try and install my older kernel.

Thanks Kiko, you saved my system. Next challenge:

Why the hell doesn't it work on my T4210!?

It's a standard ADP2,1 system, Core Duo T2400 on a GMA945GM.

im having the same problem as yours on my VAIO T2400 + GMA950 :)

Ok, try this, this is a build with some changes.

No promises, but do a dmesg after you load it, and a sysctl -a | grep freq

Extract the archive and repair permissions then kextload

Hi there,

Tried latest release with my config, I enabled all throttling-related options int he bios except "MaxCPUID", but still doesnt work. The Console Log says that 2 cores are recognised bla bla bla, but BIOS does not allow any other actions, and the kext unfortunately doesn't load.

Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks for the hard work anyway!

Also, I noticed an improvement in the Sleep issue, after it tries to load the kext, if I put my Mac to sleep and resume it, instead of the usual black screen, it loads just the upper-left quarter of the screen, I can move the mouse in that portion of the screen, and the cursor becomes the infamous rotating ball of death... I think you are on the right track :D

Edited by TorqueX86

Thats cool, theres lots of kexts at the moment, so try either one of the last two i posted, For you, id recommend the direct drive one, and if it dont work try the ACPI one before that.

To test the kext, it doesn't have to be in the startup folder, you just have to make sure no other ACPICPUThrottler kext is loaded, then try and load thekext (make sure you set the correct permissions )

I have a Pent. D920, would like to know the same question. I could care less about speedstep, but dammit I want sleep/wake to work! :)

920 has speedstep (EIST), yeah... all I need is sleep, then every thing works....

Edited by consolation

It didnt fix sleep for me. However, i'm forming the opinion that the kernel isnt really the problem in my case - I think its more to do with Natit... maybe i'm missing some vital values needed for re-init after wake....