Swad's MacBook won't Charge

Swad

23 posts in this topic

So, since the power has been out for the past several days, my MacBook's battery died and now isn't charging (the MagSafe stays green, but the battery is dead). The battery indicator states "no battery available."

Any ideas?

I personally had a very identical problem (even til this day). I go to charge it, and it seems like it charges forever but the green light never appears on the power indiciator. The battery icon gets an X accrossed it saying "no battery availible" even though it seems functional.

As time went on, the power indiciator light would stay green at all times even though I wasn't fully charged. This kind of problem only occurs every so often but I never found a fix.

I have the 3-year warranty so I've got 2+ years before I take any action by going to the Apple Store. I know you can make an appointment at the Genius Bar for free and they can do battery tests for no charge. Maybe you should give that a try and see what the results say.

Good luck :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks guys, I was considering the PRAM thing. My internet connection is pretty flaky right now (satellite), but I'll let you know how it goes!

You people and your expensive internet connections.

Anyway, it's safe to say you got burned by the Apple First Gen Curse. If the PRAM stick poking doesn't succeed, say hello to Apple Care.

• 10 months later...

Hello, Gentlemen, I was having a similar problem with my macbook. Percentage icon said 0% after being plugged in all night. I tried removing and replacing the battery to no avail.

The PRAM zap recommened on this page did the trick. And I have a major assignment for University to finish up today, so you people saved my bum.

Thank you.

When it comes to handrest discolouration, the best method to clean your macbook is with a glass cleaner wipe. They're like $4 for a pack of 25 at any walmart and they will leave your macbook looking like new. Seriously they work so beautifully... They don't even have to be brand name.

When it comes to handrest discolouration, the best method to clean your macbook is with a glass cleaner wipe. They're like $4 for a pack of 25 at any walmart and they will leave your macbook looking like new. Seriously they work so beautifully... They don't even have to be brand name.

I use a mr. clean magic eraser and it works like a charm. $4 for 4 of them, and just one is enough to clean your laptop lots of times.

I've had that happen TWICE with my good friend's MacBook. Apple covered both without any questions. I think it's cause she leaves it on the carpet while it's running, and it overheats. =/