Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

Can what work under Kalyway without the vanilla kernel? There are a couple of drivers for a couple of intel wireless cards. All of the drivers released, including all (most probably) to be released drivers, should work regardless of whether or not the vanilla kernel is installed. The only wireless card I know of that does not, as of yet, have a working driver under os x is the intel wireless 3945 card.

So yes, all of these drivers should be able to work with Kalyway even if you are using the vanilla kernal, but don't try the Intel 3945 wireless driver because it causes a kernal panic, (aka: you wont be able to boot your computer), while all of the other drivers for the other intel cards work (all be it with some tweaking because of hardware particularities).

Sorry,

I mean

ipw2200 under kalyway leopard non vanilla kernel (i think its mach or toh or both)

PS: for all people that theyr system crashes after installing a kext : use macdrive in windows to delete the kext directory usually in /system/library/extensions its the easyest

dont forget to shift delete

I gave up on the 4309 and bought a 1450 dell 4318 broadcom. i hope that will work. i will keep you updated. i hope to use the 2200 also but a plug and play is what i am looking for. the only thing other that the wifi is the built in sd reader. other than that osx found everything and installed it perfectly even the soundmax audio. i am really happy. i think i might have to reinstall osx. can i just have a conformation that the dell 1450 is a plug and play and no mods nor drivers need to be done? i know it is never that simple but other peoples experiences will help. thanx for your info lil soldier.

Well the latest version of 2200's working fine for me, the rev one (NOT SVN one..).. Been using it for a couple of months now.. Detects the network straight way (all i need to do is switch off, and then switch on the wireless button again) and everything works fine..

Thing is, i'm probably going to switch to a Broadcom card as i hear that they are working waaay better...

Well the latest version of 2200's working fine for me, the rev one (NOT SVN one..).. Been using it for a couple of months now.. Detects the network straight way (all i need to do is switch off, and then switch on the wireless button again) and everything works fine..

Thing is, i'm probably going to switch to a Broadcom card as i hear that they are working waaay better...

I see you tried installing leopard ? Did the 2200 work for you?

If it did please tell me how because I tried and lepard always asked me to reboot my computer.

Im using kalyway 10.5.1

If it didnt please tell me which latest osx release works with the 2200.

and how.

Thank you

iwi2200

i've upload latest source code into iwidarwin (taken from this thread)

the svn quota limit issue remains.

Im sorry to bother but I cant understand what you mean.

Did you upload a driver that is working on leopard?

Thank you

PS: Is one of your drivers working in leopard?

If not wich osx latest version supports your driver

does the driver for 3945 work or not because ive installed it on the 10.4.8 image but it does not find anywireless networks and im wondering whats going on thanks

I see you tried installing leopard ? Did the 2200 work for you?

If it did please tell me how because I tried and lepard always asked me to reboot my computer.

Im using kalyway 10.5.1

If it didnt please tell me which latest osx release works with the 2200.

and how.

Thank you

hi guys, I am having the same issue as well with the "rev 475 Installer" version, after installing the driver my OS "kalyway 10.5.1" ask me to reboot my pc whenever i turn on the com.

mmm now testing

according to NecronoID theiwi2200_wep.dmg

is not as stable, after detecting network it crashed.

LilSoldier, u r the "SHIZZLE"  i thank you many times for that link.  I did what it said then restarted and BAM.  I was up and running.  I have 2 more broadcoms on the way lol, i figured a 20 and 18 might be better.  Now I guess i will just put them in the acc. drawer.  everything but the internal sd card reader workes and tablet interface.  Nothing i need or want to work doesnt.  i just boot into XP if i need tablet functions and use an external card reader.  I even did the alps touchpad tap to click upgrade and that worked.  this is sweet.  anyone need help with anything?  i am no way an expert, but i know my share.  lil thanks again.  I am in the process of getting a macbook pro.  i just wanted to see if i liked the experience.  I love it and dont miss anything from winslows.  a few of my music production proggs arnt available on mac but garage band fills most of that void.  My favorite part of using this on a pc might seem trivial to most but i know i will miss it. The right mouse button is what i will miss the most.  well off to play.  ttyl

ok the wierdest thing.  I got my 3409 working with a lil help from lilsoldier, now my soundmax audio is not working.  it was working and i sometimes have the icon up top, but when i go to adjust the volume it disappears.  i tryed a few things in the forums but now i gwt an appleac97.kext error.  any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.thanxok the wierdest thing.  I got my 3409 working with a lil help from lilsoldier, now my soundmax audio is not working.  it was working and i sometimes have the icon up top, but when i go to adjust the volume it disappears.  i tryed a few things in the forums but now i gwt an appleac97.kext error.  any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>thanx<BR>

ok the wierdest thing.  I got my 3409 working with a lil help from lilsoldier, now my soundmax audio is not working.  it was working and i sometimes have the icon up top, but when i go to adjust the volume it disappears.  i tryed a few things in the forums but now i gwt an appleac97.kext error.  any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.thanxok the wierdest thing.  I got my 3409 working with a lil help from lilsoldier, now my soundmax audio is not working.  it was working and i sometimes have the icon up top, but when i go to adjust the volume it disappears.  i tryed a few things in the forums but now i gwt an appleac97.kext error.  any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>thanx<BR>

what's 3409? do you mean 3945? How did you get it to work!?!? tell me *drool*

can someone please make a working 3945 driver i really want to access the internet on my dell laptop or is there a driver to get the nic card working its an inspiron 6400 please help me

I've been prodding at the driver to try and fool the Airport system to think it's connected to a network. Once I get that working, I figure I can work on getting the driver itself to report real values, rather than the fudged static values I'm feeding it right now.

Between reading the header files and disassembling the two IO80211Controller PlugIns, I now have something that (1) does not crash, (2) runs under Leopard, (3) fools the Airport system into thinking it's been powered on, and (4) implements stubs of many of the apple80211Request() ioctl method.

What it does NOT do yet is anything of value beyond that. It does not yet load microcode, nor does it report anything accurate like what wireless networks are nearby. Unfortunately, it also doesn't kextunload anymore, something I ought to track down if I want to get it working.

Would any developers be interested in seeing what I have so far?