Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm french

I don't know if I can spike french so I try in English.

I have a 3945 card

Can I help developper with 10.5.1 version of leopard?

I really want to have wifi with this card. I have some notion in C++

I wouldn't mind donating towards the 3945abg cause, but it seems that all the money is going towards iwi2200 dev since its the closest to completion. If I could know that $x have been raised towards the 3945abg project and $x have been spent on a new notebook, that would make me fell better.

hp dealers are too stupid to help you changing your wireless card, i went to my local dealer and they insisted on me bringin the laptop so they take the card number although i told them i dont want the same card, i want to change it with another certain one, but they could not even understand that my card has no problem and that i just want to swap it with another model and was askin what they've got...

anyway, seems that for hp, a dell 1490 would work fine (if you have mini pci-e card...well if uve got 3945 then it surely is mini pci-e)...but if you gonna change the card for a hp laptop, YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE BIOS TWEAK HACK so it bypasses the non hp card. someone also posted that he got a broadcom hp card and still had to do the bios hack to bypass the network card lock.

i decided not to wait anylonger for this 3945 driver(although this card looks like the most popular one) and im goin for the dell 1490 and BIOS hack.

hp dealers are too stupid to help you changing your wireless card, i went to my local dealer and they insisted on me bringin the laptop so they take the card number although i told them i dont want the same card, i want to change it with another certain one, but they could not even understand that my card has no problem and that i just want to swap it with another model and was askin what they've got...

anyway, seems that for hp, a dell 1490 would work fine (if you have mini pci-e card...well if uve got 3945 then it surely is mini pci-e)...but if you gonna change the card for a hp laptop, YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE BIOS TWEAK HACK so it bypasses the non hp card. someone also posted that he got a broadcom hp card and still had to do the bios hack to bypass the network card lock.

i decided not to wait anylonger for this 3945 driver(although this card looks like the most popular one) and im goin for the dell 1490 and BIOS hack.

what bios hack is this? care to elaborate?

thanks.

Hi all!

I tried latest 4965a/g/n downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/...

I installed the pkg and rebooted leopard....

No kernel panic....but when i start networkselector nothing append cause it says: no could find id kernel..

Can anyone tell me why? Or...how can i help u to test it better?

My laptop got the same behaviour on intel 4965agn

here is my hardware info

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11018086&REV_61

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11018086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&CC_0280

....if this can help.

does anyone use the iwi3945 driver in the 10.4.9 system ?

i use it ,but the system cant start up now , any solutions for this problem? help me plz.

Hi, I tried the iwi 3945 driver pack today and it crashes everyone's install of leopard and tiger. There was a guy who wrote how to uninstall the driver to make the os x installs bootable again, but even after the drivers are removed, it still wont boot... I just reinstalled os x and I'm using the Pro/100 VE Driver now (Not wireless)... :happymac:

My laptop got the same behaviour on intel 4965agn

here is my hardware info

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11018086&REV_61

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11018086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&CC_0280

....if this can help.

Same issue here. I know on the web page it doesn't say anything about 10.5.* support, but is there work being done on it? I would be more than happy to help test anything that comes out of it. Let me know if you need anything from me...

ben

the iwidarwin project

it's been over a year since my 1st post in this thread.

i know some of you aren't very happy

some of you just like to complain

as you all know i don't have the hardware to do more

but i'll keep this project going

thanks to all people around the world for helping iwidarwin.

You can write; can you read too? Or don't you kno the difference between Leopard and Tiger? If you really can't read then I'm sorry, but why can't you just test it yourself? Sorry but these first posts are really annoying!

Hope this isn't my first post too... :wacko:

for developpers

anyone can help writting new code for the iwi drivers

if you wish to help just post what you have done in here so i can try to help

iwi 2100/3945/4965

latest svn version is uptodate

iwi2200

this fixes some firmware errors at first driver load

and add more stability to rx/tx packets speed

iwi2200.dmg

Will there be any fix for iwi2200 (2200 BG) so that we can connect to WEP networks? When I try to connect to my network which is WEP, I get stucked at "Getting IP Address".

Would appreciate if you could do something here! :(

EDIT: I now get past the "Getting IP Address", but a new problem has showned up:

"IP Address: [some IP adress]

No Internet Connection"

But why is that? I can see so many networks, including my home network!

My home network is Open key WEP-secured.