iPod?

skwij

9 posts in this topic

Well holy cow, I got me an iPod 8G nano for Xmas, even though I've already got (and use a LOT) my Sansa E130 and RCA Lyra with SD cards full of music.

How the heck will I get the tunes I do NOT want off the iPod? I've imported the tuneage from the SD cards, and the internal memory of the current mp3 players. I've NOT used iTunes to load the current players, just drag/drop the files I want to hear into the players.

For some reason, the iPod wanted to sync with my whole friggin Library in iTunes, not the one I specified (which I created and named From External Players). So now I've got a tonne of unwanted tuneage on the iPod. Is it as easy as just draggin the unwanted stuff onto th desktop, then trashing?

Thanks in advance, from a "non" iTunes user.

Edited by skwij

Ugh.

Ok. I guess I'll "have" to use iTunes. Got it sorted out, IE gone from just about 7G of tunez to just over 2G. Looks like I'll have to make playlists and move what I want over, then sync the playlists. Bleh.

Something I'll just have to get used to, rather than just dragging/dropping the tunez I want onto the player, I guess.

Your best option is to put iTunes into manual mode, and then its simply a case of dragging the songs you want over (within itunes).

Simply select your ipod in itunes and tick the relevant checkboxes to put it into manual mode.

Unfortunately yes, you need to use iTunes to use your iPod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You can allways use Windows (in parallels, VMWare, Bootcamp or dual boot when on hackintosh) and use Winamp.

That seems so roundabout...esp the dualboot option. Who wants to reboot every time they need to update their iPod?