Darwin nForce4 ATA/SATA controller

Guest bikedude880

1,033 posts in this topic

As nobody is working on this driver at the moment, how do you propose it will obtain MCP51 support? Magic device support fairies?

They say magic only works if you believe in it.... no idea if the same applies to magic fairies though ;)

Hi Gents I am noob :angel: if you can tell me please in witch order and what patches I gave to apply, will be very kind of you. Many Thanks. My hardware AMD 4800, A8N-SLI Deluxe , 2Gb DDR 433 memory,7900GTX video,HD-160 Gb Samsung (sata2),80 Gb Maxtor(sata2), 80 Gb WD (pata).

I did manage to install successfully JaS 10.4.8 ppf1,ppf2 on my 80 Gb WD hard drive (PATA) accept there no sound, I don’t now why AC97 not detected but that different story I will bay m-audio 7.1 revolution sound card(PCI) . Problem is I need access to my windows, but windows on SATA HD. I need to make my SATA Hard Drives visible for OS X. I would like to apply patches directly to iso image.Meny Thanks!

Can anybody post the installation guides to install the nForce 4 SATA driver, I'm stock...

I already downloaded the sta driver, the only thing its that i dont know how to install it or replace or whatever I need to do...

My hardware

AMD X2 4200 (2.2GHz)

Motherboard Abit KN9 chipset nForce 4

SATA II

Can anybody post the installation guides to install the nForce 4 SATA driver, I'm stock...

I already downloaded the sta driver, the only thing its that i dont know how to install it or replace or whatever I need to do...

My hardware

AMD X2 4200 (2.2GHz)

SATA II

You need to copy it into your /System/Library/Extensions folder. Then delete AppleVIAATA.kext. You will also need to repair permissions in Disk Utility before rebooting to activate the driver. Ensure you have a backup, because you will be unable to access your HFS+ drives if this fails.

My hardware

AMD X2 4200 (2.2GHz)

SATA II

Either you install OS X to an PATA-drive first and then add the Nforce4 SATA-driver to Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns-folder and then clone the PATA-drive to the SATA-drive.... or you could download any installation medium that already has bikedude:s SATA-driver integrated which allows you to install directly to your SATA-drive.

• 2 weeks later...
can you tell me how to patch uphuck 1.3 with your nforce 4 patch? the problem is im using windows to patch

I suggest installing to a USB drive or IDE drive, then you'd be able to use my instructions. I personally have never tried patching in Windows, but if you have a look through the posts below mine, someone had some luck with Vista. All you have to do is concatenate the 5 files into one zip, which you can then decompress with any zip reader and patch in.

Its difficult to work with HFS+ drives outside OS X, which is why I did it the way I did.

"or you could download any installation medium that already has bikedude:s SATA-driver integrated which allows you to install directly to your SATA-drive."

where can I get an installation medium which has this driver, and does that work?

"or you could download any installation medium that already has bikedude:s SATA-driver integrated which allows you to install directly to your SATA-drive."

where can I get an installation medium which has this driver, and does that work?

Um, nowhere, AFAIK it doesnt exist. You may be confusing an option to install the driver to your hard drive with it actually being included in the LiveCD's driver package. Inserting it into the driver package requires replacing AppleVIAATA with it, and this would render systems not on the nForce4 platform unable to boot. You need to manually patch your disk, or use VMWare.

Ok, I understand how to do this, but how do I consolidate the 5 files into one under vista?
As I said, someone gave instructions a few posts below my post with the patch.
Ok, I understand how to do this, but how do I consolidate the 5 files into one under vista?
Actually, it was a heap, further down sorry (QFT):
How do i combine these files on vista???... my winrar says its damaged...UPTATE: copy /b ex... + ex ... + ... THENEW.ZIP worked smile.gif

I have nforce 410. I have load the driver and I can only see the SATA, can't do a damn thing with them. How did you get it to work?

How did you install it?

That's my whole point. You don't have an nForce4 board, you have a nForce 410. They are not the same thing. The nForce4 boards use a CK804 chipset, which this driver is for. Your nForce410 board uses the MCP51 chipset, which this driver has never supported (and unfortunately most likely will never support).

You'll need to use an IDE ATA drive, or perhaps use a PCI board as alluded to above. I don't know if that works, but others seem to have some success. Bear in mind the PCI bus will be a bottleneck, as it was never designed for a 7200 rpm SATA drive's throughput, and does not support synchronous I/O.

That's my whole point. You don't have an nForce4 board, you have a nForce 410. They are not the same thing. The nForce4 boards use a CK804 chipset, which this driver is for. Your nForce410 board uses the MCP51 chipset, which this driver has never supported (and unfortunately most likely will never support).

You'll need to use an IDE ATA drive, or perhaps use a PCI board as alluded to above. I don't know if that works, but others seem to have some success. Bear in mind the PCI bus will be a bottleneck, as it was never designed for a 7200 rpm SATA drive's throughput, and does not support synchronous I/O.

ah, thanks I'll stop trying.

I'll try that pci card and see if I can get my sata working that way