[Release] macOS Sonoma 14.2.1

mariosun

26 posts in this topic

image.thumb.jpeg.297ccc8884aacef56e203bc39ebf51eb.jpegH

Hello all, I started getting this error after updating a few versions back. I did a clean install but that did not solve the problem. After a few reboots this pops up again. I may get the boot after several tries sometimes. Can anyone help please?

Thank you in advance.

Changed my SMBIOS from Mac Pro7,1 to iMacPro1,1 and didn't get an automatic update to 14.2.1.

Anybody having any ideas  about that?

Downloaded Sonoma 14.2.1 from App Store and upgraded without problems. 

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 14.35.34.png

On 12/22/2023 at 10:43 AM, obus said:

Changed my SMBIOS from Mac Pro7,1 to iMacPro1,1 and didn't get an automatic update to 14.2.1.

Anybody having any ideas  about that?

Downloaded Sonoma 14.2.1 from App Store and upgraded without problems. 

My SMBIOS is MacPro7,1 and I can get all automatic updates using RestrictEvents.kext and revpatch=pci,sbvmm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone
I purchased a new Sapphire pulse Amd Radeon rx 6600 8gb card, replaced it with the Sapphire RX 580 Nitro..
Initially it started only with OC, but thanks to the support of my friend Slice who helped me almost every day to start my Hach with the RX 6600 with Clover, we succeeded.
I'm attaching my EFI if anyone wants to use the Clover with the RX 6600.
Tested in Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 alle 17.26.59.png

EFI.zip

• Like 3

@Ludox

Congratulations, I see that you have managed to have Clover with the new 6600 in Sonoma.

Of course, the help of the Clover developer is the best you can get 🙂

Enjoy!!!

@Ludox

You have nvda_drv=1 in boot args. You don't have Nvidia, right? Then you can remove it. As per GPU Buyers Guide:

nvda_drv=1
A boot flag that refuses to die, STOP USING IT. Used for enabling Nvidia's WebDrivers pre-macOS Sierra but no longer works as it was moved.

• For Clover, use NvidiaWeb under System Parameters in your config.plist.
  • For OpenCore, use NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> nvda_drv: <31> in your config.plist.
  • Like 1

25 minuti fa, miliuco ha detto:

@Ludox

Hai nvda_drv=1 negli argomenti di avvio. Non hai Nvidia, vero? Quindi puoi rimuoverlo. Secondo la Guida all'acquisto della GPU:

nvda_drv=1
Un flag di avvio che rifiuta si di morire, SMETTI DI USARLO. Utilizzato per abilitare il WebDriver di Nvidia prima di macOS Sierra ma non funziona più poiché è stato spostato.

• Per Clover, usa NvidiaWeb in Parametri di sistema nel tuo config.plist.
  • Per OpenCore, utilizza NVRAM -> Aggiungi -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> nvda_drv: <31> nel tuo config.plis

I know... But I stuck to all the options I knew of even if they had nothing to do with my setup, what I was interested in was starting with the clover. I've already removed it: doing a little cleaning in my EFI leaves what's really needed for my hachintosh