macOS Sonoma Wireless Issues Discussion.

SavageAUS
791 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Try connection to networks from System Preferences -> WiFi not from the WiFi menu in menu bar.

One of the first things I tried. Doesnt work unfortunately. Don't know why it is not working...

@kaoskinkae

Questions:

• Is this for the ASUS H81H-A or the Gigabyte Z390 UD?
  • Do you have MacPro7,1 SMBIOS + RestrictEvents with revpatch=sbvmm in boot args, do you have the memory misconfiguration warning at boot and the PCI expansion cards tab in Ajustes del Sistema >> General >> Información?
  • Do you have USBInjectAll to load all available USB ports, I guess that SSDT-UIAC.aml has ports that USBInjectAll doesn't have to load, is it so?

For the wifi:

• DisableIoMapperMapping=True fix the network issue?
  • Drop the 3 OCLP kexts up in the kexts list, just after Lilu and RestrictEvents (OCLP kexts themselves are in right order).

I don't know why you see Unsupported Hosts OS when applying Haswell patch. 

To enable Fenvi in Sonoma:

• download the recent version 0.6.9 of the sonoma-development branch of OCLP (link in khronokernel's instructions)
  • prepare the EFI with the 3 kexts added and the kext locked plus amfi=0x80 boot arg, 03080000 csr-active-config and SecureBootModel disabled (already done in your config)
  • restart
  • apply root patch which should detect only Modern Wireless
  • restart
  • apply root patch again that should detect the Haswell iGPU
  • reboot and everything should work fine.

Other than this, I don't see anything weird in your config.plist.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@kaoskinkae

Preguntas:

• ¿Esto es para ASUS H81H-A o Gigabyte Z390 UD?
  • ¿Tiene MacPro7,1 SMBIOS + RestrictEvents con revpatch=sbvmm en los argumentos de arranque, tiene la advertencia de configuración incorrecta de la memoria en el arranque y la pestaña de tarjetas de expansión PCI en Ajustes del Sistema >> General >> Información?
  • ¿Tiene USBInjectAll para cargar todos los puertos USB disponibles? Supongo que SSDT-UIAC.aml tiene puertos que USBInjectAll no tiene que cargar, ¿es así?

Para el wi-fi:

•  

Aparte de esto, no veo nada raro en su config.plist.

If I have the memory warning on the MacPro7.1 in both Sonoma and Ventura it is something that I have to solve. On both computers I have the correct port mapping with kext and ssdt I have to see the problem that it does not allow me to apply the patch for the fenvi and I am sure that I applied it but I had the kext incorrectly placed. I will try what you say to see DisableIoMapperMapping = True to solve the network problem? Place the 3 OCLP kexts in the kext list, right after Lilu and RestrictEvents (OCLP kexts are in the correct order).

@Blesh

revpatch=auto,sbvmm in boot args to avoid memory misconfiguration warning.

Try disabling NVMeFix.kext, it's not working fine in Sonoma. You can set MaxKernel to 22.99.99.

Do you have Fenvi T919 as wifi? If so, try disabling AirportBrcmFixup.kext and his 2 plugins.

2 hours ago, kaoskinkae said:

If I have the memory warning on the MacPro7.1 in both Sonoma and Ventura it is something that I have to solve...

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

I haven't yet succeeded in getting my BCM 94352 Wi-Fi to work with OCLP 0.6.9, but I wanted to report my findings in case this helps others.  I have implemented a binary rename (PXSX -> ARPT) and I implemented an ACPI patch (SSDT) that spoofs BCM 94350 (device "pci14e4,43b1" -> "pci14e4,43a3"). The binary rename and ACPI patch works (confirmed in IORegistry Explorer), but my BCM 94352 still does not see any available Wi-Fi networks (although its status shows as "ON" and it repeatedly scans).  A complete description of my attempt is as follows

• Disable AMFI (amfi=0x80 and kernel patch in config.plist)
  • Implement PXSX -> ARPT Binary patch in config.plist 
    Spoiler

480919239_Screenshot2023-07-28at2_56_01PM.png.6191d3be1485703d8cd041977b8b79dd.png

• Implement SSDT ACPI patch (added to OC/ACPI and in config.plist ACPI > Add) that spoofs Bcm 94350 (see attached SSDT-ARPT)
  • Reboot Sonoma
  • Apply OCLP 0.6.9 legacy-wifi patches
  • Reboot Sonoma

After these steps, my Legacy Wi-Fi still does not find available networks.  IOSkywalkFamily kext is loaded (confirmed with kextstat).

SSDT-ARPT.aml.zip

EDIT: Here is my dialog with Dhinak on Discord

Spoiler

1671953103_Screenshot2023-07-28at3_13_14PM.png.c58886c78d6f7ef897dcd27dc56f4bf5.png

EDIT2: I tried spoofing "pci14e4,4353" (the Brcm Wi-Fi device that I think is in a real MacBookPro6,2).  It did not make a difference.  I am stumped.  I am not sure what about the OCLP legacy wi-fi patches is not recognizing my Wi-Fi.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

@Max.1974 My test results show that spoofing doesn't fix it.  You shouldn't need to change anything, because your 43a0 is in the IOMatch list:

Spoiler

677014282_Screenshot2023-07-28at3_16_06PM.png.2bcdbe649b4f70de66888b749c8532b7.png

EDIT: I was spoofing 94350, because OCLP Readme lists the following supported devices:

Spoiler

1166845817_Screenshot2023-07-28at3_18_25PM.png.4b4f0fb3edab2896877f741925b6aa6e.png

I was hoping that by spoofing the ID of a legacy wi-fi device in the "official" list that my wi-fi would work.  Not so.

EDIT2: @Max.1974  I'm glad you asked the question.  I think I should be patching modern wi-fi instead of legacy wi-fi.  You made me realize that I don't understand the difference between OCLP's "modern" and "legacy" wi-fi patching.  I don't see any mention of "modern" wi-fi patching in OCLP's sys_patch_detect.py.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Blesh

Try disabling NVMeFix.kext, it's not working fine in Sonoma. You can set MaxKernel to 22.99.99.

Do you have Fenvi T919 as wifi? If so, try disabling AirportBrcmFixup.kext and his 2 plugins.

Done... literally no changes... Wifi appears, shows networks, connects to my router, no internet.
My card is an original with an PCIE adapter. No Fenvi

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@Max.1974Os resultados do meu teste mostram que a falsificação não resolve isso. Você não precisa mudar nada, porque seu 43a0 está na lista IOMatch:

Ocultar conteúdo

677014282_Screenshot2023-07-28at3_16_06PM.png.2bcdbe649b4f70de66888b749c8532b7.png

EDITAR: Eu estava falsificando o 94350, porque o OCLP Readme lista os seguintes dispositivos suportados:

Ocultar conteúdo

1166845817_Screenshot2023-07-28at3_18_25PM.png.4b4f0fb3edab2896877f741925b6aa6e.png

Eu esperava que, falsificando o ID de um dispositivo wi-fi legado na lista "oficial", meu wi-fi funcionasse. Não é assim.

Thanks my friend, I want some day to know how fix this SSDTs, without OCLP, for Sonoma. Thanks a lot!!!

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

You need to change PCI0 to PC00 and also RP02 to RP05

SSDT-ARPT.aml.zip 679 B · 0 downloads

Oh my friend, Thanks a lot!!! God bless you all!! 

:thumbsup_anim:

Just now, Max.1974 said:

Thanks my friend, I want some day to know how fix this SSDTs, without OCLP, for Sonoma. Thanks a lot!!!

You're welcome but as far as I know without OCLP patches you can't get the Fenvi T919 to work because there are no kexts for it in Sonoma.

• Like 3

Im sure im used forever with my Hack to get better !!! No word to thank you @Cyberdevs !!! 

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

You're welcome but as far as I know without OCLP patches you can't get the Fenvi T919 to work because there are no kexts for it in Sonoma.

Thanks again my friend, hope someday we get this kexts working!! Vanilla !! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Sorry ask one more thing, if was necessary, Patcher table its need look like this values? 

Thanks again!!

Yes I think it's necessary to change the PXSX to ARPT otherwise it wont work.

• Thanks 1

*** Deleted ***

I thought you were replying to me - sorry about that.  AirportBrcmFixup.kext renames PXSX to ARPT.  The binary rename (in config.plist) should not be necessary if you are using AirportBrcmFixup.kext (and the binary rename did not help in my case).

@Max.1974 The "Base" in your binary rename is wrong.  The Base should not include ARPT (should be \_SB.PC00.RP05 if that is indeed the path for your Device ARPT).  Note that my binary rename includes COUNT=1 (to limit the number of binary changes to 1) (just to be safe).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Just in case you were wondering whether the OCLP Devs support hackintoshes 😂

929969421_Screenshot2023-07-28at4_55_52PM.png.acb3c04074c013c48cc099795d1b56e0.png

I "think" (completely blind) its my DSDT show me GRPT

So I guess its correctly ?

Its just for prevent used in the future

Captura de Tela 2023-07-28 às 18.11.46.png

Captura de Tela 2023-07-28 às 18.14.42.png

13 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

I "think" (completely blind) its my DSDT show me GRPT

So I guess its correctly ?

Its just for prevent used in the future

Captura de Tela 2023-07-28 às 18.11.46.png

Captura de Tela 2023-07-28 às 18.14.42.png

Do you have the window os?. You can check ACPI path by going to Device Manager > Right Mouse to your wifi > Properties > Details > BIOS DEVICE NAME > you can see the acpi path of your wifi

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kinhhoang161 said:

Do you have the window os?. You can check ACPI path by going to Device Manager > Right Mouse to your wifi > Properties > Details > BIOS DEVICE NAME > you can see the acpi path of your wifi

Thanks a lot, im can't use Windows and this machine, but I will try. Its just for fun and learn edit compiled my SSDTs

I have Wi-Fi working with BCM 94352HMB. I'm not sure that this is all necessary, but here is what I did:

EDIT: I have not yet finished reviewing my solution, but early indications are that the key was replacing AirportBrcmFixup.kext.  I am using the attached kext and Wi-Fi is working perfectly with my BCM 94352HMB device.  This is the kext that is included with OCLP 0.6.9 07.28.23 nightly build.

EDIT2: Device spoofing is required for application of OCLP post-install wi-fi patches on my HackBookPro6,2 with BCM 94352HMB.  See here.  I am leaving this post for historical purposes, but my new post supersedes this post.

• Replace AirportBrcmFixup.kext 2.1.7 in OC/Kexts with the AirportBrcmFixup.kext 2.1.7 in the OCLP-Generated EFI (they have the same version, but have different sizes) *** This is not necessary.  I am leaving this for historical purposes.  See my corrected conclusions here.  ****
    Spoiler

1580259427_Screenshot2023-07-28at7_05_16PM.png.de98ffadf5791e6c99459f7c85887e18.png

• config.plist should not have VMM kernel patches and should have revpatch=sbvmm (for RestrictEvents.kext 1.1.2) (this may not be necessary or may be specific to my SMBIOS MBP6,2 - not sure yet)
    (Reference the attached sample config.plist)
  • AMFI should be disabled with amfi=0x80 and kernel patch (reference the attached sample config.plist)
  • Implement ACPI patch (SSDT) to spoof device "pci14e4,4353" (not sure this is necessary - My SMBIOS is MBP6,2 and this is the actual device in a real MBP6,2) *** Deleted - Not necessary ***
  • Implement ACPI binary rename (config.plist) RP02.PXSX -> RP02.ARPT *** Deleted - Not necessary ***
  • Your EFI must include RestrictEvents.kext 1.1.2 for the revpatch=sbvmm property
  • Apply legacy wi-fi post-install patches with 0.6.9n 07.28.23 (use nightly build, not custom build.  No python mods necessary).  For some reason, the latest OCLP 0.6.9 nightly build was able to patch my hack.  Previous versions did not have any patches available.  I am not sure if this is a change in the OCLP build (I don't see any commits, so I don't think so) or because I spoofed Wi-Fi device.  Maybe the new AirportBrcmFixup.kext was necessary?  Maybe revpatch=sbvmm was necessary?

I am posting this with FireFox in Sonoma 14.0 Beta 4 on my hack over BCM94352 Wi-Fi 😀

AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip

sample-oclp-config.plist.zip

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

To me work very fine with OCLP Patcher

But im not give up until wait a new solution only for Wi-FI

Thanks thanks thanks I will test* (edit) your Broadcom kext 

Captura de Tela 2023-07-28 às 22.00.22.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1