[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, wastez said:

It's really that imac Pro cant be used.

This was the only smbios where drm content was working with my graphics card.

I think that iMacPro1,1 can be use, of course, but you don't get updates notification, already said that most probably caused by this model having T2 security chip but the Hack doesn't.

To get updates notification, you must add RestrictEvents.kext and revpatch=sbvmm in boot args. Once updated, you can disable RestrictEvents until next release.

• Like 4

which setting do you use in SecureBootModel?

SecureBootModel --> Disabled

NVRAM -> 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -> revpatch -> cpuname,sbvmm

using RestrictEvents.kext

as Wifi I have a Fenvi T-919 I have to use OCLP, so I disable the patch I reboot and do the update, if I don't do this procedure I get the full update

Edited by Alpha22
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I think that iMacPro1,1 can be use, of course, but you don't get updates notification, already said that most probably caused by this model having T2 security chip but the Hack doesn't.

To get updates notification, you must add RestrictEvents.kext and revpatch=sbvmm in boot args. Once updated, you can disable RestrictEvents until next release.

Thanks for clarification, so i can use the old smbios and i don't loose drm contents.....

46 minutes ago, wastez said:

Thanks for clarification, so i can use the old smbios and i don't loose drm contents.....

You can keep DRM.

But I have partial DRM (at least TV app working fine) with iMac19,1 on a RX 6600 XT with unfairgva=6 in boot args.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

You can keep DRM.

But I have partial DRM (at least TV app working fine) with iMac19,1 on a RX 6600 XT with unfairgva=6 in boot args.

OK thank you very much, you gave me really great informations today, thanks.

Have to spent more time in future with hackintosh again, so much forward here.

So is netflix working with it? (over safari, of course i know i can use a other browser buts thats not the way i want to work)

Edited by wastez

30 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

No full download links for RC1 or RC2?
Update isn’t being offered in system preferences on my machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, no full installer for RC1 and RC2 but hopefully in couple of days we will have the full installer for the release version.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, janny_thomas said:

Hello Guys! My macOS Sonoma update is stuck, How can I resolve it.

Remove your personal data from the config.plist and post your EFI Folder and someone will take a look for you and point out or correct any errors.