[Release] macOS 13.3

73 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, miliuco said:

@fusion71au @J Lamp

I don't have the ExternalDiskIcons quirk/IOAHCIBlockStorage patch issue. Even Trim is enabled on SATA drivers after sudo trim force enable. But the builds are different.

Yeah, most AHCI controllers don't need this patch but for my Intel 5 series chip set, the quirk fixes a cosmetic issue where internal HDD appear as external (orange) drives.  Trim not needed for my old rotational HDD 😀.

4 hours ago, J Lamp said:

Something has apparently changed in AHCI, it's reacting differently to different devices on the bus (in my case the DVD writer.) I don't think there are any Macs officially supported on Ventura that have an optical drive. (Might be wrong about that.)

Whatever changes have been made it's beyond my skill set to figure out what they've done.

Agree.  In my system, everything was working nicely in 13.2.1 and hopefully with new patches, the OC developers can fix the issues for older hardware.  In the screenshots below, the same HDD under 13.2.1 vs 13.3 with ExternalDiskIcons quirk set to Yes in OC

Spoiler

890178258_13.2.1SATAInternalPhysicalDisk.thumb.png.f79bb97b685016e326863659391c2bc9.png2081480759_13.3SATAExternalPhysicalDisk.thumb.png.2b14c65bfe98a7d0a4ef2b9d949aa2c6.png

Funnily enough, despite the AHCI error messages and slowdown on boot and shutdown, my DVD drive still plays DVD discs normally in 13.3. 

• Like 1

@Stefanalmare - Whoa there Son!!! Have you read up on IM Rules? If I am not mistaken you have gone and Mentioned/Quoted and Linked the unmentionable unless the rules here were changed unknown to me and I am behind the times. :o If I am wrong I stand corrected.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 3/28/2023 at 3:00 AM, HyperX7 said:

OC 0.9.1 

smooth update;

image.png.ac7155a68a6febacea2670883ffa3c4d.png

For my Q77 hackintoshs after patching Intel HD 4000 by OCLP 0.6.2 ther's one bug shown by About This Hack:

Incorrect MacOS version detected which should be 22E252 instead of 19G101.

Before patching it's normal and in Z77 hackintosh it's normal too !

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 10.46.34 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 11.30.41 AM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rocky12 said:

sorry bro

Why Bro? The post was not made by you, anyway no worries man I just don't want to see imposed sanctions against any of the IM family by Mods/Admin for unintentional missteps trying to help out fellow members. :graduated:

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 2:22 AM, eSaF said:

@Stefanalmare - Whoa there Son!!! Have you read up on IM Rules? If I am not mistaken you have gone and Mentioned/Quoted and Linked the unmentionable unless the rules here were changed unknown to me and I am behind the times. :o If I am wrong I stand corrected.

@eSaF, I didn't know it is a rule about that. Now, I know. I usually post links between those 2 website's in the interest of our Hackintosh community. But I'll do never again.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

SaF, I didn't know it is a rule about that. Now, I know. I usually post links between those 2 website's in the interest of our Hintosh community. But I'll do never again.

No worries man I know it was not done intentionally and like I suspected you were only helping a fellow member. As a matter of fact I was surprised it was not flagged by a Mod, just don't want you ending up on the wrong side of Admin. :angel:

@etorix makes a good reference in his post above.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, J Lamp said:

With that said I don't think this is bootloader related. Something has apparently changed in AHCI, it's reacting differently to different devices on the bus (in my case the DVD writer.) I don't think there are any Macs officially supported on Ventura that have an optical drive. (Might be wrong about that.)

Whatever changes have been made it's beyond my skill set to figure out what they've done.

In OC 0.9.1 the following AHCI-related change will be included:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/edb04199d97d7bfba2ea37b9861fa7b8bdbbb134

• Like 6

19 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Confirming HP Laptop 7 Series ivy bridge and 8 series haswell are working from HP Probook EliteBook macOS

Please dont post discussion and issue here, post on github project. thanks

Sorry for a remedial questions, but If I want to look at your proposed solution without going through a build process, is it possible to just explore the EFI?  I tried exploring the source and don't see a config.plist.  Thanks!

EFI

Spoiler

761198455_ScreenShot2023-04-03at10_01_36AM.png.c6fb52379cedb29e90074ae557621544.png

EDIT: I did find a config.plist buried in the Builder folder.  Thanks.

EDIT2: I just saw this note in your post: "Please dont post discussion and issue here, post on github project."   Oh well.

2 hours ago, Casey_S.J. said:

As @etorixand @Stefanalmare pointed out, a patch for IOPCIFamily fixes the WiFi and Ethernet problems in macOS 13.3+. 

It’s available here:

https://github.com/CaseySJ/Ventura-AppleVTD-Patch

Nice job!  How did you figure out that patch?

Edited by deeveedee

1 hour ago, Casey_S.J. said:

I've added a link to the GitHub readme that explains the details of discovery:

Very informative!  Thank you!

• Like 1

** Experimental OpenCore.efi with FixAppleVTD Kernel Quirk **

Purpose:
The patch to fix WiFi and Ethernet issues in macOS 13.3 has been incorporated directly into a test version of OpenCore that is attached to this post. This means it's not necessary to add the patch manually to config.plist.

Instead, a new Kernel Quirk called FixAppleVTD has been introduced that can be enabled and disabled as needed. When enabled, OpenCore itself will inject the patch into the right version of macOS.

Version:
This version of OpenCore.efi is based on the just-released OpenCore 0.9.1 code base, so it includes everything that's in 0.9.1.

Procedure:

1. Disable the Kernel -> Patch if the patch has already been added and enabled.
  2. Replace existing OpenCore.efi in EFI/OC folder with the version attached below.
  3. Add these two lines (manually for now) into config.plist using a text editor as shown. The lines must be added in the Kernel Quirks section.

<key>FixAppleVTD</key>

<true/>

728119760_Screenshot2023-04-03at11_52_05AM.thumb.png.61cbd1cd5d3aa23c19788591eb3c88dd.png

Save config.plist and reboot. Do WiFi and Ethernet continue to work?

OpenCore.efi.zip

Edited by Casey_S.J.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:03 AM, Casey_S.J. said:

In OC 0.9.1 the following AHCI-related change will be included:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/edb04199d97d7bfba2ea37b9861fa7b8bdbbb134

I love seeing smart people do good work, thank you. Also thanks for the explanation on how you found the VT-d patch, excellent bit of sleuthing.

I read PMheart's changes from the above link and tried to adapt the patches to my Clover config.plist, but no luck, I'm still getting the same errors from the DVD writer at boot.

For the remedial guy sitting in the back of the class (me,) if someone has a chance maybe they could have a look at the attached plist and see if I buggered something up in entering the patches 

config.plist.zip

EDIT: It would seem that I'm also having significant issues with graphics when running Parallels VMs. Looking at the Parallels forums I'm not the only one having problems with 13.3. Personally, at this point, I think it's time I call it and just roll back to 13.2.

Edited by J Lamp
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Casey_S.J. said:

The new kernel quirk has been renamed from FixAppleVTD to DisableIoMapperMapping and merged into OpenCore. We should see it next month in 0.9.2!

An early build is available from https://dortania.github.io as shown below:

476081232_Screenshot2023-04-05at6_20_27PM.thumb.png.81806d0c9eeb69af77cbdb19ba714d42.png

For those using this quirk and apple Cisco IPSec: I need to restart the destination router and to rebuild the VPn settings inside the computer to make it working again.

• Like 4

@Casey_S.J.

I was also waiting for Acidanthera to merge your PR. I was going to help with the docs but you have already added it into the Configuration file. Ofc it’s an excellent work, as I said before.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3