[Release] macOS 13.3

73 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Slice said:

This is upgrade from Monterey?

In my case there is update on 13.2.1 Release.

Yes it is from Monterey.

I used Software Update from About This Mac to get it to show, it took me few tries to get the update shown in System Presences.  

My WiFi no longer works after this update (using a BCM94360CD which is supposed to be natively supported). I searched around and found there were indeed problems with WiFi in beta 2, but supposedly fixed in a later beta. Anyone experiencing the same?

Additionally, itlwm also stopped working but that is not a priority for me to fix right now.

30 minutes ago, i0ntempest said:

My WiFi no longer works after this update (using a BCM94360CD which is supposed to be natively supported). I searched around and found there were indeed problems with WiFi in beta 2, but supposedly fixed in a later beta. Anyone experiencing the same?

Additionally, itlwm also stopped working but that is not a priority for me to fix right now.

My WIFI is also dead on Aorus Master Z390, same BCM94360. On top on this, Ethernet I219-V stopped work on same machine. I need to use thunderbolt ethernet now.

Funny is that I have same BCM94360 card in another few rigs and it works.

Edited by Stefanalmare

4 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

My WIFI is also dead on Aorus Master Z390, same BCM94360. On top on this, Ethernet I219-V stopped work on same machine. I need to use thunderbolt ethernet now.

Funny is that I have same BCM94360 card in another few rigs and it works.

Darn it you're right. My Intel ethernet is also dead now. Because I have a AQC113 ethernet card I didn't try the onboard ethernet until just now.

So the common thing is that we all have Z390, and the problem is similar to this. Last time I experienced something like this it was related to DMAR and DisableIoMapper quirk. I'll experiment more.

5 minutes ago, AppleBreak said:

@i0ntempest, @Stefanalmare Have you guys disabled VT-d? Or is it already disabled? It looks like modified DMAR table is not working anymore.

My Marvell ethernet card requires VT-d to be enabled, but I'll try if disabling it brings wifi back.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Disabled VT-d and DMAR table blocked fixed the issue for me. But I don't think this is the right solution. All Macs have VTD enabled.

By blocked do you mean just drop it without injecting a modified version?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Let everything like it is and enable Kernel Quirks DisableloMapper. Until the issue will be fix.

Well, it isn't that easy for me. Either disabling VT-d or enabling DisableIoMapper will cause my system to boot loop because ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk needs them. Guess I'll just wait.

8 hours ago, i0ntempest said:

Well, it isn't that easy for me. Either disabling VT-d or enabling DisableIoMapper will cause my system to boot loop because ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk needs them. Guess I'll just wait.

You may use these patches to run an Aquantia NIC with VT-d disabled:

https://github.com/CaseySJ/Aquantia-macOS-Patches

But, indeed, the more Mac-like solution would be to have VT-d.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, i0ntempest said:

Strange. My BCM943602CS combo module works just fine . 

2023-03-28_09-04-58.png

• Like 1