[Release] macOS 13.3

73 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, etorix said:

You may use these patches to run an Aquantia NIC with VT-d disabled:

https://github.com/CaseySJ/Aquantia-macOS-Patches

But, indeed, the more Mac-like solution would be to have VT-d.

Thanks for pointing me to this! I was able to get my WiFi back (not itlwm though) using DisableIoMapper and with those patches the system does not bootloop anymore. Before a permanent solution comes out this is more than good enough.

1 hour ago, XanthraX said:

I have VT-D disabled. No problem after update. BCM94360CS2. The Intel i5 rig from the signature.

Confirms even more that this is 300 series specific...

• Like 1

Updated with no issues. Z390 Aorus Elite. Intel I219V7 and Fenvi T919 (BCM94360CD) working fine with VT-d enabled in BIOS and DisableIoMapper enabled in config.plist. OpenCore 0.9.1 + iMacPro9,1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

Updated with no issues. Z390 Aorus Elite. Intel I219V7 and Fenvi T919 (BCM94360CD) working fine with VT-d enabled in BIOS and DisableIoMapper enabled in config.plist. OpenCore 0.9.1 + iMacPro9,1.

Can you please try with DisableIoMapper disabled?

49 minutes ago, Slice said:

Is it only for me such low speed to copy from one partition on another partition APFS, same HDD?

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 23.06.04.png

Broken Trim Support.

Partly broken BT CSR dongle. BT works unless you turn it off/on. 

OCLP 0.6.3 do not fix boot stop at second screen after patching on SMbios iMac19,1. Must use again boot arg -agdpmod=vit9696.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 19.45.46.png

@i0ntempest

VT-d enabled + DisableIoMapper yes >> wifi and Eth ok.

VT-d enabled + DisableIoMapper no >> wifi and Eth fail. 

VT-d disabled + DisableIoMapper yes >> wifi and Eth ok.

VT-d disabled + DisableIoMapper no >> wifi and Eth fail.

VT-d disabled + DisableIoMapper no + drop DMAR >> wifi and Eth ok.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update applied. I also use Broadcom (BCM94360CD), and it is working perfectly. SMBIOS iMac 19,2. The only thing I realize is, after sleep on waking up, Wi-Fi takes a long time to reconnect to the network for about 12 seconds

Spoiler

1886372883_CapturadeTela2023-03-29as07_35_39.thumb.png.278d606ea45580834a1fc98dff1bdbeb.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miliuco said:

@i0ntempest

VT-d enabled + DisableIoMapper yes >> wifi and Eth ok.

VT-d enabled + DisableIoMapper no >> wifi and Eth fail. 

VT-d disabled + DisableIoMapper yes >> wifi and Eth ok.

VT-d disabled + DisableIoMapper no >> wifi and Eth fail.

VT-d disabled + DisableIoMapper no + drop DMAR >> wifi and Eth ok.

You may exclude VT-d from the puzzle.

DisabeIoMapper is the same as DROP DMAR. So

if DMAR present then wifi and Eth fail. 

if not then  wifi and Eth ok.

There is one more variant, you can patch DMAR and replace OEM table by patched one. >> wifi and Eth ok.

• Like 2

@Slice

Yes, the keys seem to be DisableIoMapper or DMAR.

By drop DMAR I mean as you say, dropping OEM DMAR and loading the patched one. In this scenario, DisableIoMapper can be disabled and network works fine.

I can add to the puzzle Vtd in IOReg, as in real Macs. For this, DMAR table dropping + VT-d enabled + DisableIoMapper disabled are the required settings.

But I don't see any negative side effect when Vtd is missing in macOS.

Hello everyone
I encountered a problem with the latest update on my Lenovo ideapad 100 15ibd Intel Iris 5100 notebook, after activating open core legacy, when restarting it remains with the apple logo loading it does not get to login, I will try to understand what is blocking it.
I was wondering if you too have encountered problems.

1 hour ago, Ludox said:

Hello everyone
I encountered a problem with the latest update on my Lenovo ideapad 100 15ibd Intel Iris 5100 notebook, after activating open core legacy, when restarting it remains with the apple logo loading it does not get to login, I will try to understand what is blocking it.

Disable AMFI first to patch. Settings-Developper settings and check disable AMFI.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 alle 09.57.14.png

Edited by cavallo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ludox said:

Hello everyone

Try with boot arg -agdpmod=vit9696.

It helped me.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2023 at 1:29 PM, miliuco said:

@Slice

Yes, the keys seem to be DisableIoMapper or DMAR.

By drop DMAR I mean as you say, dropping OEM DMAR and loading the patched one. In this scenario, DisableIoMapper can be disabled and network works fine.

I can add to the puzzle Vtd in IOReg, as in real Macs. For this, DMAR table dropping + VT-d enabled + DisableIoMapper disabled are the required settings.

But I don't see any negative side effect when Vtd is missing in macOS.

By patching it do you mean deleting the reserved memory regions at the end of the DMAR? If so I did that a few months ago already but my wifi and eth are still borked with VT-d on and DisableIoMapper off

I've been getting spammed with this ever since the update;

[AHCI][PRT][00170000] AbortCommands::5382:Port 0 - called, deviceWithError 0, errCode = 0xe0030005

In IORegistryExplorer at  AppleACPiPCI > SAT1@17 > AppleAHCI > PRT0  is my DVD writer (yup, still got one of those, for some reason.) It and the other drives on the sata ports all work fine.

Google hasn't been much help so far. The error is slowing down the boot process significantly and it also keeps going after I get to the desktop (about once a second.) This is on the x299 build that's in my signature. Otherwise everything seems to be working, including VT-d and my Aquantia card.

- Quick Update: After figuring out that this was my DVD I disconnected it and booted, the error was gone. I’m going to reconnect it and ignore the error for now as I still use the drive with Windows. Seeing as this started with the update and the drive is working I'm assuming this is the update and not a coincidental hardware failure.

It would seem from following this thread that 13.3 has brought some extra “under the hood” changes.

• Like 1

I successfully upgraded macOS 13.2 to 13.3 on my Legacy BIOS GA-P55aUD3 desktop using a full installer USB (made with createinstallmedia) and applied non-metal graphics patches for ATI HD 5770 with OCLP 0.6.2…

Spoiler

2113975715_macOS13.3onGA-P55aUD3.thumb.png.77a9ba8c9bbba3dad49a8d6ea94b3a9e.png2067695795_SATAExternalPhysicalDisk.thumb.png.2ee5f353ddbbd140e5d16ebedea23912.png

Seems like the OC ExternalDiskIcons quirk/AppleAHCIPort patch no longer works in 13.3 on my system, even with latest OC commit edb0419, my internal SATA HDD appeared as orange external drives.

Like @J Lamp, I noticed that the boot & shutdown processes were spammed with AHCI errors owing to the presence of my DVD-RW drive.  These went away if I disconnected the drive.  Hopefully someone smarter than me can devise an OC patch to prevent these AHCI error messages appearing in 13.3+...

Spoiler

1616865833_SATADVDRWdriveerrorinmacOS13.3.thumb.jpeg.738bebdc1ac3bd5ad6bf91e2b80c9f0d.jpeg

Edited by fusion71au
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I don't have the ExternalDiskIcons quirk/IOAHCIBlockStorage patch issue. Even Trim is enabled on SATA drivers after sudo trim force enable. But the builds are different.

Same here. :yes:

• Like 2

I'm not using the ExternalDiskIcons quirk either, I have an injector kext that handles that for me. Also I'm booting with Clover, I don't think it supports that quirk anyway.

I also used trim force in terminal to enable that.

With that said I don't think this is bootloader related. Something has apparently changed in AHCI, it's reacting differently to different devices on the bus (in my case the DVD writer.) I don't think there are any Macs officially supported on Ventura that have an optical drive. (Might be wrong about that.)

Whatever changes have been made it's beyond my skill set to figure out what they've done.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, J Lamp said:

I'm not using the ExternalDiskIcons quirk either, I have an injector kext that handles that for me. Also I'm booting with Clover, I don't think it supports that quirk anyway.

I also used trim force in terminal to enable that.

With that said I don't think this is bootloader related. Something has apparently changed in AHCI, it's reacting differently to different devices on the bus (in my case the DVD writer.) I don't think there are any Macs officially supported on Ventura that have an optical drive. (Might be wrong about that.)

Whatever changes have been made it's beyond my skill set to figure out what they've done.

IOPCIFamily

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-designare-z390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.316533/post-2365723

• Like 3