Vanilla Hackintosh Alder Lake Z690 with i9-12900K and AMD Radeon RX 6600 - Full DSDT Patched - OpenCore or Clover Bootloader

MaLd0n

61 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Working Alder Lake motherboards. The list I copied from someone's Reddit post.

• Gigabyte Z690I AORUS ULTRA DDR4 - Mini-ITX

• Gigabyte Z690i Aorus Ultra DDR4 - Mini-ITX

• Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 - ATX

• Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR5 - ATX

• Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 - ATX

• Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro DDR5 - ATX

• Gigabyte Z690 AERO G DDR4 (plus Thunderbolt card) - ATX

• ASUS Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) DDR5 - ATX

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 DDR4 - ATX

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI DDR5 - ATX

• ASUS PRIME Z690M-PLUS D4 DDR4 - microATX

• ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 LGA DDR4 - ATX

• ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS D4 DDR4 - ATX

• ASRock Z690 Pro RS DDR4 - ATX

• ASRock Z690 Steel Legend WiFi 6E DDr4 - ATX

• ASRock B660M-HDV DDR4 - microATX

• MSI PRO Z690-A DD5 - ATX

Plus:

Gigabyte GA Z690 UD AX

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4

Need some non-"Z" motherboards.......

On 4/24/2022 at 8:38 PM, mengshi said:

• Gigabyte Z690I AORUS ULTRA DDR4 - Mini-ITX

• Gigabyte Z690i Aorus Ultra DDR4 - Mini-ITX

• Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 - ATX

• Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR5 - ATX

• Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 - ATX

• Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro DDR5 - ATX

• Gigabyte Z690 AERO G DDR4 (plus Thunderbolt card) - ATX

• ASUS Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) DDR5 - ATX

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 DDR4 - ATX

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI DDR5 - ATX

• ASUS PRIME Z690M-PLUS D4 DDR4 - microATX

• ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 LGA DDR4 - ATX

• ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS D4 DDR4 - ATX

• ASRock Z690 Pro RS DDR4 - ATX

• ASRock Z690 Steel Legend WiFi 6E DDr4 - ATX

• ASRock B660M-HDV DDR4 - microATX

• MSI PRO Z690-A DD5 - ATX

Plus:

Gigabyte GA Z690 UD AX

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4

Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR5

Edited by mengshi

4 hours ago, mengshi said:
  •  

all mobos gigabyte, asus, msi just work nice

just need check about lan. the best is avoid intel2.5g card

and other problem is about some bios/uefi...several problems and gigabyte, asus, etc need fix it

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Sirius19 said:

Hello I wanted to know if with the suggested setup I could use the i5 12600k instead of the i9 12900k ? Thank you

yes. good processor

New machine is here

https://www.olarila.com/topic/27073-olarila-vanilla-hackintosh-alderlake-ga-z690-gaming-x-ddr5-and-i9-12900kf-full-acpi-solution/

Thank you Maldon, I’ll take a look. By the way for the motherboard, for an easier installation I’ve got to choose the MSI PRO Z690-A with the ddr4 version, right?

thank you

Edited by Sirius19
Adding a question

3 hours ago, Sirius19 said:

Thank you Maldon, I’ll take a look. By the way for the motherboard, for an easier installation I’ve got to choose the MSI PRO Z690-A with the ddr4 version, right?

go to DDR5

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK, so I booted with clover several times over late today.  (This has been impossible)  on the white text the population stops with the last line saying  -" Couldn't allocate runtime area"  

Next time i boot up I selected Verbose, same thing

Next time, "Error Loading Kernal Cach (9x0)

Then I tried both load injected Kexts and without option.  

ANY HELP?  

SYSTEM: Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 i9 Alderlake  AND AMD RX 6600 ....No NVDIA

Edited by Oscar Films
Additional Info

So Today another grand experiment ... No Closer, even changed the graphics card.  

Messages are "No Local Variables are initialized for method (PXSX)

Then underneath that line is : No Arguments

Other errors are ACPI Exception:  AE _NOT_FOUND, During name Lookup/Catal

and No area runtime found.

SUCCESS??   Closer to it.

Not sure if to continue on this particular thread and still hoping to have some better degree of facilitation here as I learn and catch up after first undertaking this experiment in order to learn more about computers.   

But after much going around in circles I am a bit closer.  Man, its been like pulling teeth here!  So- my BIOS had a setting that NO ONE anywhere has addressed. At the beginning of my effort here, I asked around about the right BIOS settings to avoid this  very difficulty.  Sure enough as it appears, it may have been an/the issue.  But I finally got it to install.  This experience has diminished the confidence I had that led me to attempt this whole experiment.  So despite all the resources available online, when attempted it hasn't been as easy.  So I am now stuck at trying to get the system to boot from its install disk.  YES!  I know, it shouldn't be this much of an issue but I am very worn down by this.   

Can I please get some spoon fed instructions to finish this so I don't go around in circles any more trying to figure out at which point I went wrong.  

I can provide pics of my config as it aappears after having moved it from my USB onto my install disk.

Thanks in advance all! 

Something having to do with disk protection.  Somehow while in Verbose mode, the error indicated that the disk was write protected.  I have to go back and see exactly what the option is titled.  I will do that soon but I would like to finish this and then go back and address all the difficulties I encountered to help contribute to the community.  Right now I need to be able to get the disk to boot from itself.  I can't tell you the headache I felt the same day I realized I had some significant success.

9 hours ago, Oscar Films said:

My build is 100% successful now.  I was correct about my apprehension on BIOS settings before I began, which appears to have been a major cause of the difficulty encountered on this model.  A previous Gigabyte mobo gave me no such difficulty and was extremely easy to work with.

Nice

u can post a correct config to ur bios/uefi to other people with same mobo and problem

UPDATE:  So I have been having a very annoying issue where after my OS has been running for several minutes, it wants to reboot to windows 10.  So I thought to try and mitigate this by going into the BIOS and loading Optimized Default after having the OS installed.  Well, my system then refused to boot into our OS in question here.  I lost my mind and started another round of chasing my tail here while I tried to figure out which was the key BIOS setting that could enable it to boot up again.  Well, I had to  then reset all of my BIOS settings specifically again and attempt a re-install.  I nuked my windows drive and installed another instance of the same version.  For whatever reason High Sierra couldn't install claiming it wasn't supported on this platform.  It still then wanted to kickstart itself back into windows.  Windows refuses to die -like one of these bad horror movies from the 1980s, where the grotesque monster is apparently killed off only to return in never ending sequels.  

So while writing this I was letting my OS system time itself out after I disabled Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS.  Sure enough- it turned off and rebooted by itself ( but now it had no other choice but to boot from the other drive where the same OS is also running)  Nevertheless, this doesn't cure the problem.  Why doesn't this system stay on and avoid restarting itself?  Also, now I have no WIFI.   What do I have to do here?  does resetting the CMOS have any function?  Anyone?    

Further Update:  So while reading, it seems like it was worth giving it a chance to run a software update. But all it did was update safari.  Then after rebooting I tried to boot to that very same disk where I ran an update. and it doesn't want to boot up at all. Bit the other disk where I didn't run such update booted up. This is the disk where WIndows used to be on.

Not getting much interest from anyone here.  

Edited by Oscar Films

On 9/2/2022 at 12:04 AM, MaLd0n said:

@komelooalder lake? if yes ofc

Thanks MaLdon, when I use your posted EFI files, it will turn to black screen during installation, just yesterday, when I upgrade those files to OC 0.8.4, everything works! 

I have optiplex 7000sff with AMD RX560 2GB.