Open source cross-platform plist file editor: Xplist

ic005k

154 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, cecekpawon said:

Thanks @ic005k

But, your program need 64bit ver instead of 32bit dll? Attached dll distributed with Sublime Text portable x64

Works fine here

msvcr100.zip 374.53 kB · 1 download

Thank you very much, it has been repackaged and uploaded.

https://github.com/ic005k/PlistEDPlus/releases/download/1.0.39/PlistEDPlus-win.7z

Capture.PNG.4fe354007787d5773189b48233e65504.PNG

Perfect @ic005k

1 more request please: to show data length in status bar / ''yellow area" (like PlistEdit Pro did), to ensure whether find and replace (or mask) is on same length?

Take your time if you found it useful for future release.

Thanks again

Edited by cecekpawon
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, cecekpawon said:

to show data length in status bar / ''yellow area" (like PlistEdit Pro did)

That is, "12345678" shows "4 bytes:12345678"? I will implement it in the next version. Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 1

* New: multiple selection (including copy, cut, paste, delete, copy between windows (two processes))
* Optimized: the display format of data type increases the data length
* Optimized: the display logic of kext and other contents for OpenCore

On 3/20/2021 at 12:51 PM, cecekpawon said:

Yes, about the place its all up to you ;>

This feature has been added, please download the latest version.

Edited by ic005k

10 hours ago, Slice said:

A little bug with text placement

This problem existed before, but later versions have fixed it. Please download the latest version and you should not have this problem anymore. Thanks for the feedback.
In the meantime, I will keep an eye on this issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slice said:

Win version: the button "New element" does nothing. I can't create new line

If you want to create a new child item, the parent must be an array or dict, otherwise it cannot be created. However, you can choose to create sibling items.

2 hours ago, Slice said:

The issue connected with new line.

If I change existing line it shown good.

Thank you very much for providing the detailed steps that enabled this issue to be reproduced on my end, I have located the issue and will fix it in the next release.

1 hour ago, ic005k said:

If you want to create a new child item, the parent must be an array or dict, otherwise it cannot be created. However, you can choose to create sibling items.

I understand while it is not clear. To create new element I have to set cursor on the dict while I hoped to create new "brother".

And about russian text. The button called "Новый элемент" and it is correct.

But new line called "Новый предмет 7". No it should be named as the button.

Снимок экрана 2021-03-22 в 20.21.08.png

5 hours ago, Slice said:

But new line called "Новый предмет 7". No it should be named as the button.

Yes, you are a very careful person, the next version will change this translation to "Новый элемент" (New item). Thank you.

Hello @ic005k, its me again ;>

Can you confirm this MRU bugs (?) also exists on your Windows machine?

I think I got mixed MRU contents from both registry and .INI file. With both back/fwd slashes paths included on list.

Also it would be nice to have standard exit command at the very bottom of file menu, maybe?

- peace -

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.bd09d93227b709acd9434212583892ba.jpg

8 minutes ago, cecekpawon said:

Can you confirm this MRU bugs (?) also exists on your Windows machine?

Oh, this is not a bug. The registry records the history of open files. The. ini file records the total number and file names of the currently existing tabs, so as to prepare for automatically loading the last opened tabs when the APP is opened next time. This. ini file is automatically recorded when the APP is closed.

13 minutes ago, cecekpawon said:

Also it would be nice to have standard exit command at the very bottom of file menu, maybe?

This close command will be added in the next version. Thanks for your suggestion.

Sorry for bugging you, but, by clicking:

1) I:/EFI/OC/Driver/LOL/OpenCoreFtw.plist
2) I:\EFI\OC\Driver\LOL\OpenCoreFtw.plist

from 'recent files' menu will resulting opening those same file on each tabs, instead of reusing existing tab because they actually had identical path ('\' vs '/').
Although it will fixed (using 1 tab) for that file by reopening the application.

* Also I have duplicate paths on my .ini file (please see prev screenshot).

* I will move to your Github issues next time, sorry

* Please ignore if you think this is ok for you ;>

kudos

17 hours ago, cecekpawon said:

from 'recent files' menu will resulting opening those same file on each tabs, instead of reusing existing tab because they actually had identical path ('\' vs '/').
Although it will fixed (using 1 tab) for that file by reopening the application.

I'm very sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean. Could you elaborate? Thank you.

17 hours ago, cecekpawon said:

* Also I have duplicate paths on my .ini file (please see prev screenshot).

The ini file just records the currently opened tabs, it is using the variable count to determine which files need to be opened the next time the app is opened, and the duplicate files that follow are ignored. I was writing the ini file without cleaning it up, just overwriting it.

Anyway, all these details can be optimized, when time allows. Thanks again for the feedback and for using the app so attentively. and always welcome more suggestions or questions. Thank you.