Open source cross-platform plist file editor: Xplist

ic005k

154 posts in this topic

Is it possible to order the items by dragging them (as with Plist Edit Pro or Xcode)?
When possible, could you add a feature where the items in a dictionary can be sorted alphabetically with a button/shortcut?

Thank you in advance

2 hours ago, 1Ale1 said:

Is it possible to order the items by dragging them (as with Plist Edit Pro or Xcode)?
When possible, could you add a feature where the items in a dictionary can be sorted alphabetically with a button/shortcut?

Thank you in advance

Yes, these features will be added in subsequent releases. More suggestions are welcome, thanks for feedback!

On 12/12/2020 at 6:19 PM, Riley Freeman said:

This looks great. I've been using PlistEdit Pro for years but wouldn't mind switching over to using this. However, it requires High Sierra and I have two systems running Sierra. Is it possible to lower the minimum system requirement?

Okay, I will try to make the app compatible with a lower version of MacOS. Thank you for your feedback.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 6:19 PM, Riley Freeman said:

This looks great. I've been using PlistEdit Pro for years but wouldn't mind switching over to using this. However, it requires High Sierra and I have two systems running Sierra. Is it possible to lower the minimum system requirement?

I’ve packed a Beta of an old system, please download it and see if it works with MacOS 10.12 or lower.

https://github.com/ic005k/PlistEDPlus/releases/download/V1.0.20/MacOS12old.zip

• Like 2

On 12/12/2020 at 10:19 AM, Riley Freeman said:

I've been using PlistEdit Pro for years

Same here my friend and this app makes editing a config.plist a dream. I can't praise this app enough and highly recommended, I now advise new adapters to OC to try this app for an easy cross over to Opencore.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ic005k said:

2. added A->Z sorting feature

Thanks! I was waiting for this to be implemented :D

Now the icing on the cake would be the possibility to sort items from an array (e.g. kexts) manually, maybe by dragging them so that if for example I have to add Lilu, i don't need to delete all the kext in the array, but drag that item on top

Thanks again for your work!

1 hour ago, 1Ale1 said:

maybe by dragging them

The operation mode of adjusting the order of items by dragging will be realized in the subsequent version. In a word, app will be more and more perfect. Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

The latest Classical version (1.0.22) fails to run on Sierra. The previous one (1.0.21) runs fine.

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
  Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/PlistEDPlus.app/Contents/MacOS/PlistEDPlus
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
       0x10018b000 -        0x1001ffffb +z.PlistEDPlus (0) <0CA86156-C3C4-3F7C-A54A-6F2A646211F9> /Volumes/VOLUME/PlistEDPlus.app/Contents/MacOS/PlistEDPlus
       0x1042ef000 -        0x10432cdc7  dyld (434) <33DB4E37-BC29-37A4-92AB-30328E66A8FA> /usr/lib/dyld

V1.0.24

* New: Drag and drop to adjust the order of sibling items
* Optimized: node expansion algorithm, performance improved by 80%.
* New: Added the option of "Expand all nodes when opening files" in Preferences
* Other adjustments and optimizations

6 hours ago, Slice said:

@ic005k

I highlighted a key and typed Alt+C to use it in other system programs, for example in Safari. No.

Copy/Paste is impossible between this application and others.

Only copy/paste text between PlistEDPlus and other apps.
I just tried it and it's fine.

I will be following this issue...

Edited by ic005k

Copy/paste text works here with the regular and classical versions. I tried with TextEdit and Safari on Sierra and Mojave.

There's one weird (and minor) issue with the Classical build on Sierra though.

The new app icon only displays if the app is ran from it's dmg. When I copy it to the hard disk it uses the old blue icon instead.

Very minor, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. The app is really coming along nicely with the recent improvements. Thanks!