Open source cross-platform plist file editor: Xplist

ic005k

154 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Riley Freeman said:

There's one weird (and minor) issue with the Classical build on Sierra though.

The new app icon only displays if the app is ran from it's dmg. When I copy it to the hard disk it uses the old blue icon instead.

The problem may be a refresh thing, I suggest you delete all the old versions and try copying the new ones again.
I will keep an eye on this issue, thanks for the feedback.

2 hours ago, ic005k said:

The problem may be a refresh thing, I suggest you delete all the old versions and try copying the new ones again.
I will keep an eye on this issue, thanks for the feedback.

I had already tried to fix this by deleting the old app rather than overwriting it. However, I've found a fix with some searching online. Running the following commands forced the icon to refresh:

touch /Applications/PlistEDPlus.app
touch /Applications/PlistEDPlus.app/Contents/Info.plist
killall Dock

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

I download latest release 1.0.28: create/modify date remains December, 8; there is also no version number. I don't understand why.

Sorry, I haven't perfected the Info.plist information in the Mac platform version, because considering the cross-platform, I directly display the version number on the window title of the APP.
There is also the creation and modification time. You can check the binary file PlistEDPlus.app/Contents/MacOS/PlistEDPlus, which is the real modification time. The creation time is only the original creation time of the folder PlistEDPlus.app
In a word, I haven't perfected this part of the information, and I may consider perfecting it later.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @ic005k

Thanks for your great tool. 

I've got a problem with 1.0.29: when I edit Info.plist (FakeSMC), plistedplus don't save the changes and maybe corrupt the file (I'm not sure for corruption).

Does anyone have this issue?

44 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

when I edit Info.plist (FakeSMC), plistedplus don't save the changes and maybe corrupt the file (I'm not sure for corruption).

I've been using it to edit Info.plist and haven't encountered the problem you mentioned so far, but I'll keep an eye on it and keep an eye on the phenomenon. Thanks for the feedback.

And can you provide the details of the process, such as whether the edit is a bool or a string, etc.

Edited by ic005k
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ic005k said:

I've been using it to edit Info.plist and haven't encountered the problem you mentioned so far, but I'll keep an eye on it and keep an eye on the phenomenon. Thanks for the feedback.

And can you provide the details of the process, such as whether the edit is a bool or a string, etc.

The edit concerns a data. I change 03 to 05, save the Info.plist (Slice's FakeSMC). When I reopen the file,  data = 00000. So I've got a panic: DMOS: SMC return incorrect key...

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

The edit concerns a data. I change 03 to 05, save the Info.plist (Slice's FakeSMC). When I reopen the file,  data = 00000. So I've got a panic: DMOS: SMC return incorrect key...

Thank you very much for this information, I will analyze this issue right away. It could be a bug and I will fix it. Thanks again!

• Like 1

I have a notice about Russian language.

"Новый брат" is "New brother". But my brother can't be new, he is forever.

So I propose to change:

"копировать" -> "Копировать" (Upper case)

"порез" -> "Вырезать"

"Новый брат" -> "Новая группа"

"Новый ребенок" -> "Новый элемент"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I've got a problem with 1.0.29: when I edit Info.plist (FakeSMC), plistedplus don't save the changes and maybe corrupt the file (I'm not sure for corruption).

The problem has been fixed, please download the latest version. 

7 minutes ago, Slice said:

I have a notice about Russian language.

"Новый брат" is "New brother". But my brother can't be new, he is forever.

So I propose to change:

"копировать" -> "Копировать" (Upper case)

"порез" -> "Вырезать"

"Новый брат" -> "Новая группа"

"Новый ребенок" -> "Новый элемент"

Thank you very much, these translations will be fixed in the next version.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ic005k said:

The problem has been fixed, please download the latest version. 

Thank you very much, these translations will be fixed in the next version.

Release 1.0.30 has new bug. This error message can't be closed.

Снимок экрана 2021-02-17 154634.png

The file was changed by another program.Do you want open it again?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

This phenomenon is not a bug, the app is based on the number of times the current open file is modified and out of a message box, if the file is modified 10 times by other apps, then the app will come out of 10 message boxes. This function needs to be optimized.

At this point, you click "no" or "yes", more times, this message box should be able to close.

When the app is optimized, it only needs to be reminded once (the message box appears once), no matter how many times the file was modified by other apps before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slice said:

These issues were revised or optimized in V1.0.31, please download the latest release.

V1.0.31

* Revision: Russian translation, thanks to @Slice.
* Optimization: Always show the prompt dialog only once if the opened file is modified by another program.

Edited by ic005k
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ic005k said:

These issues were revised or optimized in V1.0.31, please download the latest release.

V1.0.31

* Revision: Russian translation, thanks to @Slice.
* Optimization: Always show the prompt dialog only once if the opened file is modified by another program.

Tested in Windows. Thanks, all is OK.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slice said:

Hi again!

Is it possible to know where the plist is located? Absolute address?

New problem.

See example in https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304530-clover-change-explanations/?do=findComment&comment=2751618

The change is not possible to do by PlistEDPlus.

Hi @Slice

You already have it where the plist is at the top of the window: beside the name/version of the app. 

Spoiler

1544186804_Capturedcran2021-02-2108_19_44.png.d97dda0c8c66913bfa1e99223ccdd6b1.png

@ic005k

• When I edit the plist file in upper windows, the changes doesn't appear in the text windows. I've to save before. Not automatic synchro, maybe.
    "Find option" is not possible for the text windows.
Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

When I edit the plist file in upper windows, the changes doesn't appear in the text windows. I've to save before. Not automatic synchro, maybe.
"Find option" is not possible for the text windows.

Yes, these features are not currently available. Currently only a plist text can be displayed. I will continue to improve these functions later on, taking them into account, and will continue to improve the app.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ic005k said:

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean, can you describe it in detail in words? Thanks.

At the link you can see 2 samples. First sample is old dict which you want to rewrite to new way, to array. An logically if you will not write all again but by copy-paste.

I got different results but no reliable. I have to rewrite the sample by TextEdit.

How to paste a buffer as a child of created array? It will be pasted somewhere as a brother.

11 minutes ago, Slice said:

How to paste a buffer as a child of created array? It will be pasted somewhere as a brother.

Oh, this is a simple question. Just create a new child under the array, paste a dict or something else on it, and delete the new child when you're done.
I may consider adding a "Paste Sub-item" function later, thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1