Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

* OC added: Base, BaseSkip
* New: Cut Line
* Changed: The display of function tips is activated by the right-click menu (function tips are under continuous improvement, including typography, display style, etc.)

• Like 1

@Alpha22 - Could it be it is reporting that your MLB input/value is formulated wrongly or missing etc. One sure fired way to check and compare output results is to also check with the OC Ovalidate although I find that @ic005k app is now my only go to app for checking the config.plist after compiling or an update.

• Like 1

* Include all table header fields in the scope of the search.
* The APP will automatically check for updates once when it starts, and the "Check for updates" icon on the toolbar will change if there is a new version, but there will be no annoying alert box.
* Windows version adds dependency libraries required by Windows 7.

* OSX 10.12 and below adds features to check for updates.

Edited by ic005k
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ic005k said:

* Include all table header fields in the scope of the search.
* The APP will automatically check for updates once when it starts, and the "Check for updates" icon on the toolbar will change if there is a new version, but there will be no annoying alert box.
* Windows version adds dependency libraries required by Windows 7.

* OSX 10.12 and below adds features to check for updates.

Continually progressing with great improvements in the realms of a good must have paid app or even better. :thumbsup_anim:

• Thanks 1

hi @ic005k long time no see.

first of all, thanks for the continuous update.

i want to report improvement fact.

1. Standardization of spacing space
Many plist editors and Apple plist tools use the same spacing.
But your tool still has different spacing.
In the past, I made a request for improvement.

2078570574_2021-03-216_34_59.thumb.png.9319b12fa9cf2e571dd6e8869842a487.png

2. Add your "Open source cross-platform OpenCore auxiliary tools" site.

we need to find search your app thread to report some improvement or something.

2002416686_2021-03-216_30_12.png.0d7d172abadb550424f6a1f4efc74d26.png

EDIT, I found Discussion area in ABOUT, i think it is better that moves to "Help" under

thanks in advance

Edited by Sherlocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

1. Standardization of spacing space
Many plist editors and Apple plist tools use the same spacing.
But your tool still has different spacing.
In the past, I made a request for improvement.

Hi, nice to see you again.
First of all, there's no standard for this auto indent, that's just Apple's standard you're talking about. However, with enough time behind me, I would like to analyze and study the differences between Qt and Apple. You can also get involved, the Qt source code is here: https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/, you can definitely find the answer from the source code inside. But I don't have too much energy to do this at the moment.

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

2. Add your "Open source cross-platform OpenCore auxiliary tools" site.

we need to find search your app thread to report some improvement or something.

The next version will improve this feature, thank you very much for your suggestions and feel free to ask more questions or give feedback.

On 3/21/2021 at 7:59 PM, ic005k said:

Hi, nice to see you again.
First of all, there's no standard for this auto indent, that's just Apple's standard you're talking about. However, with enough time behind me, I would like to analyze and study the differences between Qt and Apple. You can also get involved, the Qt source code is here: https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/, you can definitely find the answer from the source code inside. But I don't have too much energy to do this at the moment.

The next version will improve this feature, thank you very much for your suggestions and feel free to ask more questions or give feedback.

Apple uses the tap method for spacing
Your app uses the spacing method of the spacebar.

One input of tap method is one wide space,
The spacebar has to be pressed several times to match the space of the tap.

This is the most fundamental difference.

thank you for update.!

On 3/23/2021 at 11:39 PM, Sherlocks said:

Apple uses the tap method for spacing
Your app uses the spacing method of the spacebar.

APP will be continuously improved and updated, please pay attention to the subsequent upgrade of APP, thanks again for your attention and feedback.

• Like 1

* New: Automatic OC validation when opening files. If the opened file is not compatible with the current OC version, the OC validation icon on the toolbar will change, but there will be no disturbing alert box.
* Changed: Serialization of plist files using the Boost C++ library (this is not visible to the user, only the way the file is written has changed).
* Other fine tuning.

* Optimize the flow logic of OC validation, when opening or saving a file, it will be validated and alerted by the change of toolbar icon.
* Re-adopt indentation with spaces when writing plist files, and no longer use TAB indentation afterwards, to adapt to shell and other editing environments. Space indentation is universally applicable and has the same spacing in any editor, such as vi or vscode, etc., which displays exactly the same effect.

• Like 4

* OC New: KeySkipFirstDelay
* Synchronous update of documents and database

Note: Currently OCAT has a well-designed data structure that, on the development side, can almost automatically adapt to the addition or deletion of OC profiles to achieve fast synchronization with OC iterations. In the future it may act like a generic editor where users can add or remove options themselves, including table fields.

Edited by ic005k
  • Like 3

* OC New: KeyInitialDelay, KeySubsequentDelay, Remove: KeySkipFirstDelay

* Starting from this version, the data reading and writing engine is rewritten, and the APP completely adopts automation to get the interface controls and read and write data. This feature can keep the APP updated anytime and anywhere, and only the UI part of the design needs to be completed, so there is no need to add the control code manually again, which completely avoids the risk of errors caused by manual handling of the code.

Edited by ic005k
  • Like 1

@ic005k - Hi I just compiled and installed the latest OC commit and also updated to the latest OC Auxiliary Tools version. I am having a strange error message output at Boot although when checked with OC Auxiliary Tools App and with the official OC Validate, no errors are returned.

I am wondering if there is some kind of mismatch between the two as I cannot track where or why this is happening. I have attached some pics to hopefully show what the problem is. I have reverted back to my original config.plist and that gives a clean Output when checked, maybe you have an idea of what is misaligned - Thanks.

Spoiler

642158272_Screenshot2021-04-01at12_15_26.thumb.png.83a5127e895d8b9b8b09665d689597aa.png355161099_Screenshot2021-04-01at12_24_22.png.cd66c855c32265d9486b4674b245b984.png1587055972_Screenshot2021-04-01at12_27_05.thumb.png.fb49c5cc16a2fcf604d0324a8d16ad4c.png

@eSaF

The reason for this may be that you have not upgraded the OC main program, but only the configuration file. The OC main program can be downloaded here: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/actions

Or use OCAT's own OC database, copy the following files from the database to your EFI to overwrite the previous files to upgrade.
BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
OC/OpenCore.efi

These two files are the most important for OC upgrade.

• Thanks 1