Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

can you consider this?

1. drag n drop for adding kext or aml

2. it can remove selected kexts once in list

Ok, logged. I will try to implement these features, in short, I will keep improving the app.

• Like 3

V20201226

* added: drag and drop to open aml, efi and kext files, and support single or multiple selection
* added: all lists support arbitrary multi-selection deletion
* added: SetupDelay

17 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

1. drag n drop for adding kext or aml

2. it can remove selected kexts once in list

These features have been added, please download the latest version.

11 hours ago, ic005k said:

V20201226

* added: drag and drop to open aml, efi and kext files, and support single or multiple selection
* added: all lists support arbitrary multi-selection deletion
* added: SetupDelay

These features have been added, please download the latest version.

thanks it is great!

also can you think this?

if added lilu and virtualsmc kext, it must be located on top of list.

they are added in alphabetical order.
Because lilu and virtualsmc kext are not at the top of the list
There is a problem that kext does not load properly.
These problems may not be noticed by the average user.
Always lilu and virtualsmc should be on top.

2086030781_2020-12-278_31_58.thumb.png.8d579d8c7c71180e2b5c895dcb4641e4.png

EDIT1.

if add AirportBrcmFixup.kext, there are no plugins files on the list.

This is missing.

Edited by Sherlocks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

if added lilu and virtualsmc kext, it must be located on top of list.

At present, they are in the front position by manually adjusting the sequence. There may be a better way later. Perhaps after OC is continuously upgraded, the arrangement order of kext is no longer important.
Personally, I think that loading kext by OC is related to the arrangement order of kext, which is unscientific. It should be like Clover, which is user-friendly.

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

if add AirportBrcmFixup.kext, there are no plugins files on the list.

This is missing.

This problem has always existed. Thank you for your discovery. I will add these missing contents in the next release.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 1:26 PM, ic005k said:

Personally, I think that loading kext by OC is related to the arrangement order of kext, which is unscientific. It should be like Clover, which is user-friendly.

It is NOT unscientific. The order is important as some kexts need to be injected BEFORE others. E.g. Lilu BEFORE it's plugins like VirtualSMC.

So by forcing an order in which they are entered in the config.plist, they ensure that when they get injected, your system is highly likely to work.

No idea what scientific method Clover chooses to order and inject the kexts.

Also, if you accidentally leave a kext in the kext folder, Clover will try to inject it regardless of whether you wanted to or not - which is not friendly.

• Like 1

V20201231

* Revised: the problem of SMBIOS being hidden in the win and linux versions
* New: add ocvalidate function in linux version
Due to the official pre-compiled version provided by OC, the pre-compiled version previously provided by @williambj1 stopped working and the OC factory inside the APP was changed to the official OC pre-compiled address. Thanks again @williambj1!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ic005k said:

V20201231

* Revised: the problem of SMBIOS being hidden in the win and linux versions
* New: add ocvalidate function in linux version
Due to the official pre-compiled version provided by OC, the pre-compiled version previously provided by @williambj1 stopped working and the OC factory inside the APP was changed to the official OC pre-compiled address. Thanks again @williambj1!

It will be a lost for Newbies not having pre-compiled OC Folders to go to but I understand his reasons although I do compile my own.

23 minutes ago, eSaF said:

It will be a lost for Newbies not having pre-compiled OC Folders to go to but I understand his reasons although I do compile my own.

The official ones can be downloaded here, e.g.
https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/actions/runs/454467688, and the compiled target file is at the bottom.

oc.png.0df05f8a6d37424abe5898672c3489dd.png

Feel free to choose a particular version to download here: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/actions

• Thanks 1

* Added: Profile database (under the help menu, this database needs to be improved by everyone together)
* New: If the batch added kext contains Lilu and VirtualSMC, they will be ranked first and second respectively.

db.thumb.png.0f2d511c80e456fa1aac6b344476ae19.png

Edited by ic005k
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ic005k said:

* Added: Profile database (under the help menu, this database needs to be improved by everyone together)
* New: If the batch added kext contains Lilu and VirtualSMC, they will be ranked first and second respectively.

Nice touch - Great improvements to an already great app. :thumbsup_anim:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, junaed.rx said:

I have a minor suggestion about a visual thing. I think Booter Quirks should get a dedicated tab. As it will make the UX structure more compliant with the plist structure. 

Ok, that's a great idea, will implement it in the next release, thanks for the suggestion.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ic005k said:

* Adjust Booter UI layout

@ic005k Sorry didn't mention it at ones. I have found similar thing on some other sections too.

1. ACPI -> Quirks

2. UEFI -> Quirks 

3. UEFI -> ConnectDrivers (should be on bottom global section where quirks are shown now, but this isn't shown at all)

Regards

Junaed

Edited by junaed.rx

30 minutes ago, junaed.rx said:

1. ACPI -> Quirks

2. UEFI -> Quirks 

3. UEFI -> ConnectDrivers (should be on bottom global section where quirks are shown now, but this isn't shown at all)

Okay, I'll adjust them one by one and welcome any more suggestions or questions.

6 hours ago, ic005k said:

* New: Misc-Boot-PickerVariant
* Adjust the layout of some UI

:thumbsup_anim: Keeps on giving and getting better and better with every update.

Edited by eSaF