Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

The next version I got via Update feature doesn't work

For now, please download the latest V20211020 manually and there will be no problem after that.

https://github.com/ic005k/QtOpenCoreConfig/releases/tag/20211020

@5T33Z0 Because there is a problem with the V20211019 update downloader you are using, you cannot update to V20211020 through it.

@5T33Z0 To check if there is a problem with the current version of OCAT's update downloader, select "Download Update Packages" in the "Help" menu, if it works properly, there is no problem with OCAT's update downloader, otherwise please report the problem.

• Like 2

Okay, thanks. I think I installed the wrong version before.

I found something else:

- The Description for Kernel > Quirk > IncreasePciBarSize is wrong. It's 2 GB instead of 4GB!

(From the Documentation: "IncreasePciBarSize: Allows IOPCIFamily to boot with 2 GB PCI BARs").

42 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

The Description for Kernel > Quirk > IncreasePciBarSize is wrong. It's 2 GB instead of 4GB!

I'm sorry I haven't updated these descriptions in a long time. Do you have an automated way of thinking about this content, at the moment I'm doing it all by hand.
More upgrade leads would be welcome.

48 minutes ago, ic005k said:

I'm sorry I haven't updated these descriptions in a long time. Do you have an automated way of thinking about this content, at the moment I'm doing it all by hand.
More upgrade leads would be welcome.

I am not a programmer, sorry.

The raw text of the manual is in the OpenCore repo as well, isn't it?

Maybe you can do this:

1. Turn the settings/ quirks/option of the app into a search rule and then look it up in the source code of the manual

2. If it finds it, it should grab the text after the term "Description" and copy paste it into the descriptions of your app

Hello @ic005k,

I have a suggestion to make. Now, if my computers OCAT is few updates back from the release then it will show the update available with the latest updates changelog. but will download the immediately next version, not the latest one. then it will again show update available until the latest update is reached. Could this be possible to update to the latest version from any point of the previous version. Thank you.

Regards

Junaed

@ic005k OCAT killed my config AGAIN!!!

This time after adding SSDT-EHCx-DISABLE.aml and adding a comment

It actually wrote parts of the Definiton block of the SSDT into the header of the config:

This resource fork intentionally left blank   ��SSDTm�ACDTNOEHCxINTL0	! H\[�RCRG���[�RCRG
EH2DEH1D _INI�_OSI
DarwinpEH1DpEH2D<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE

@5T33Z0 You can open a plist file with xcode, and then open it with OCAT. Any changes made on OCAT will be displayed in real time on XCODE, and if there is a problem with saving the file on OCAT, it will be immediately visible on xcode.

Edited by ic005k

6 hours ago, ic005k said:

@5T33Z0 Please attach your complete config.plist file before it was corrupted and I'll analyze it. Also welcome more detailed information, including the procedure, whether other software also opened this

config.plist, etc.?

Procedure

• Mounted EFI
  • Copied the SSDT-EHCx-DISABLE.aml into OC/ACPI folder
  • Opened config.plist with OCAT (via right-click)
  • Dragged and dropped the SSDT in the ACPI Add list, because it was not added automatically.
  • Added a comment
  • saved
  • restarted the system

Luckily I have a working Clover config as well. This time, I could reconstruct the config, because it only broke the head and cut off only a few lines at the end.

The attached plist is the reconstructed one without serials etc.

config_cleaned.plist

48 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

because it was not added automatically.

If you opened config.plist with OCAT beforehand, it will be automatically added to config.plist when you copy the file to the ACPI directory.

Thank you very much for providing such detailed information, I will continue to research and analyze this issue, in the meantime, please take care to backup your config.plist.

@5T33Z0 The latest version of OCAT has a new verification mechanism when opening and saving files. If there is a problem when saving a file, there will be a prompt to determine the correctness of the OCAT saved file.
I will continue to keep an eye on the issues you mentioned.

• Like 1

Trying to create a new Snaphot in ProperTree gave me this error:

637378033_Bildschirmfoto2021-10-21um13_47_59.png.1d95ad84905f2eba06603d09894385f2.png

The same happens if I copy over my existing Keys into an empfty sampl.plist:

143209875_Bildschirmfoto2021-10-21um14_05_55.png.7a5bc41b8fc467cc064f7275f7c60aa4.png

Edited by 5T33Z0

I love that OCAT now also updates kexts!

But I would make the buttons in lists white:

1098190151_Bildschirmfoto2.png.d7d2064cdcd80e5ed8290381f7f14af6.png

Otherwise it look as if the function is not available (greyed-out)

Edited by 5T33Z0