Catalina on Dell Latitude E6410 (Nvidia Graphics) With Working Sleep

deeveedee

306 posts in this topic

Oh, I missed it out!

I was stopping at the first error and entering the install again and again...

Now I got the fresh install I wished!

Do you know how to disable the "Patch Updater" at the login?

My sudo kextcache -i / returns the follows:

Kext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc413d5b380 [0x7fff8f9828c0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsControl" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc413c4f670 [0x7fff8f9828c0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTesla.kext/", ID = "com.apple.GeForceTesla" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc413a39fa0 [0x7fff8f9828c0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/IOSurface.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IOSurface" }

KernelCache ID: 65C726E3CDA10B26F591590783E1A64A

Kext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe492522150 [0x7fff8f9828c0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000HWServices.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kext.AMDRadeonX4000HWServices" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe494814a60 [0x7fff8f9828c0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/IOSurface.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IOSurface" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe4949e9220 [0x7fff8f9828c0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTesla.kext/", ID = "com.apple.GeForceTesla" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe494a96d20 [0x7fff8f9828c0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsControl" }

Nothing to mind about?

Thank you again!

I’ve tried installing macOS 10.15.4 on a Latitude E6510 (i7 640m, NVS 3100M) Same laptop as the E6410 just a bit bigger. Installation itself went perfectly fine didn’t get any errors, but I can’t boot to the installed system. In verbose mode as soon as it prints “IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3” the machine instantly restarts. 

5930CAFE-670B-4A4A-BC73-68B33DBD873B.jpeg
EDIT: added nv_disable=1 to the bootargs and now it succesfully boots but I have 2 problems: no proper graphics and wifi doesnt work

Edited by 1337ftw
Typo

@1337ftw, Please provide your problem reporting files as described in Post #1 of this thread.

@vbmota, Yes - I am using BrcmPatchRAM3 in E/C/k/O for Mojave (and High Sierra and Catalina).  I am using the same EFI and /L/E for ALL three of my macOSes: High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina.

• Thanks 1

I have no problems with Bluetooth in High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina.  If you are still having problems, please attach your problem reporting files.  Please include the output of your "kextcache -i /" for Mojave and Catalina.

I can’t provide reporting files. It keeps failing on finding my ESP. Found out the wifi issue though, I have a RTL8192 which I can’t find any driver for so I’ll just replace it. Still don’t know why it doesn’t boot without disabling gpu driver though (installer booted fine with it)

Do the following and let us know what you find:

• Install VoodooHDA (use v15 package here): Choose Classic Method for Catalina
  • Not your problem, but also remove /Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBVideoSupport.kext (was installed by DosDude patcher and you shouldn't need it)

Just to clarify, you removed nv_disable=1 after installing VoodooHDA?  If so, can you post your new problem reporting files (gen_debug) with VoodooHDA installed?

I had no idea what the BRCM kexts were when I put them there. And the RtWlan kexts are just random USB Wifi kexts I found for a USB Realtek based adapter I had lying around. Just to connect to the internet until the new one I ordered (a BCM94322HM8L) arrives.

Edited by 1337ftw
specified wrong wifi card

Remove /Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBInjector.kext (installed by DosDude patcher) and try again.  Please re-read this post very carefully and make sure you have followed all of the steps.  Also make sure that your BIOS is the same version and is configured exactly as described in Post #1 of this thread.

Let us know what you find.

My steps were a bit different. To be specific: I didn’t actually get any errors. Probably because I used a newer version of dosdude’s patcher. I did check the BIOS though and the only thing was that I didn’t disable my TPM but that didn’t make any difference. Removing LegacyUSBInjector.kext also didn’t change anything.

The only other thing I can think of is removing any "non-native" hardware (like USB devices and unsupported Wi-Fi).  When you figure it out, let us know!

Also remove all other 3rd-party kexts that you installed and that are not mentioned in this thread.

@1337ftw, You're booting Clover UEFI on this Latitude E6410?  @unilock was attempting this and claimed to have made some progress.  You'll have to let us know how you did it.

I added a few more "LEGACY, NOT UEFI" notes in the installation instructions.

Did you install with USB UEFI?  If so, I wonder if that's why you didn't see any installation errors?

I simply followed the exact instructions (for 10.15.3) but I selected UEFI in the Clover installation screen.

I might try running the installation again with Legacy to see if it gives the errors. Could have something to do with it. 

I manually installed boot0af into the protective MBR (drive was gpt and didnt feel like reinstalling). Also installed boot1f32alt and boot6 onto the ESP. Without changing anything it perfectly booted macOS 10.15.4!
I now only have to change out the wifi card but that’s fine.

iMessage works fine for me, so I'm not sure why.  Google "An idiot's guide to iMessage" and let us know if that helps you.  It may be that mine is working because I first defined my SMBIOS when I installed High Sierra and have been using the same since then.  I've read that iMessage problems can occur with a fresh install of Catalina (where the system did not "exist" before).