Catalina on Dell Latitude E6410 (Nvidia Graphics) With Working Sleep

deeveedee

306 posts in this topic

This is incredible.  Big Sur installed on this Dell Latitude E6410 without issues.  Subsequent installation of the Nvidia root patches was easy.  If I'm not mistaken, this might be the very first time that a Dell Latitude E6410 is running Big Sur.  As long as OCLP works as I anticipate, installation of Montery and Ventura should be equally painless.

Big Sur on Dell Latitude E6410

Spoiler

692880080_ScreenShot2022-10-17at7_44_33PM.png.b38d27cbfb2490db61357019db8256b0.png

Sleep / Wake works perfectly and USB works as well.  So far, I haven't found any issues.  I performed a clean installation of Big Sur and am retaining my High Sierra installation on a separate SSD as my stable baseline.

I disabled all options in Spotlight.  CPU power management appears to be working natively (I am not using any CPU power management SSDTs / Kexts).

Performance is amazing.  This old rig is extremely responsive.  I'm blown away by this experience.

Geekbench 5 CPU Scores (the responsiveness of this hack is not indicated by these scores.  responsiveness is very good.)

Spoiler

1344898160_ScreenShot2022-10-17at8_35_51PM.png.55c37efe5e2253ad965b6d0381d5dbaa.png

Edited by deeveedee

Now that I'm running Big Sur, I have downloaded OCLP 0.4.11 and am creating a Monterey Installer.  I think that after I finish my work and post a guide, those who want to install Monterey on their Latitude E6410 (with Nvidia Graphics) will be able to directly install Monterey.  I have found that as I'm creating the solution, it is easier for me to upgrade gradually, starting with the natively working High Sierra (which does not need a patcher).

1131159278_ScreenShot2022-10-17at8_46_57PM.png.7ff7c5406b6666f97879991af691c5e7.png

I have posted my new OpenCore-based EFIs in this thread.  I will no longer be maintaining this Catalina thread.  For those who wish to duplicate my latest work on their Dell Latitude E6410 (with Nvidia Graphics), I would suggest starting with my OpenCore-based High Sierra EFI.  Once you have High Sierra working and you are confident in your ability to follow the Open Core legacy installation process, then I would suggest installing Big Sur with my OpenCore-based Big Sur EFI.  You can also try Monterey with my Big Sur EFI.

Edited by deeveedee

• 9 months later...

@jackacc What is the purpose of your post?  I no longer maintain this thread and have continued my Latitude E6410 development here.  If you have anything to contribute that is specific to the Dell Latitude E6410, I welcome your input.  Thanks!

Also, please don't post Open Core builds.  All Open Core builds (releases and developer builds can be retrieved by anyone from Open Core Github and Dortania).

Edited by deeveedee