Clover.app testing

vector sigma
423 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@Matgen84 thanks for your picture. Fat16 is not allowed, Clover legacy will never use it, so the installer is working properly. Backup your file and format the ESP in Fat32 ;)

I never use Fat16 and Clover Legacy: how my EFI partition is in FAT16 format?

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I never use Fat16 and Clover Legacy: how my EFI partition is in FAT16 format?

Another OS doing that or a third party program? You almost made me take a heart attack Lol, but everything is ok instead.

Edited by vector sigma

27 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@Matgen84

sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

Thanks. All works fine.

Very strange: I did not touch the EFI partition. Last year, when upgrading to Mojave, macOS converted the HDD HFS + to APFS. 

Capture d’écran 2019-11-08 à 17.53.20.png

Capture d’écran 2019-11-08 à 17.52.46.png

• Like 1

New Clover.app v1.02 Beta added at first post with the following fix:

Clover.app v1.02 Beta

Clver.app:
Corrected a bug that was causing the installer to fail on unknown drivers.

CloverDaemonNew :
Now is registered with the Power notifications (sleep and wake), so that can clean up nvram.plist files created by third party kexts.
At shut down it now delete the following nvram keys:
efi-backup-boot-device
efi-backup-boot-device-data
install-product-url
previous-system-uuid

Clover.app promoted to Beta.

@Sherlocks, now should does everything you told me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vector sigma said:

New Clover.app v1.02 Beta added at first post with the following fix:

Clover.app v1.02 Beta

Clver.app:
Corrected a bug that was causing the installer to fail on unknown drivers.

CloverDaemonNew :
Now is registered with the Power notifications (sleep and wake), so that can clean up nvram.plist files created by third party kexts.
At shut down it now delete the following nvram keys:
efi-backup-boot-device
install-product-url
previous-system-uuid

Clover.app promoted to Beta.

@Sherlocks, now should does everything you told me.

1. Now is registered with the Power notifications (sleep and wake), so that can clean up nvram.plist files created by third party kexts.
- does it mean that nvram.plist that HBfixup created will be remove when enter hibernation mode?. if it is true, it is wrong.
first we have nvram.plist in ESP.
two when enter hibernate mode, HBfixup makes nvram.plist in root of macos.
and we turn on system, system starts to boot clover gui, when getting clover gui, clover read recent nvram.plist(last HBfixup made nvram.plist in root) then select macos partition. boot macos, your clover app check nvram.plist in location. then nvram will be remove in macos root.
this is entire process. if now your clover app was checkd for this process,
it is good.

2.At shut down it now delete the following nvram keys:
efi-backup-boot-device
install-product-url
previous-system-uuid
- it is good to keep more clean nvram to avoid created dummy nvram value when update macos.

3. strangely korean lang pack is not working. only keep english now.

1179942148_2019-11-109_52_00.png.0a0c6f18c30f7c7fccb7df79aa561589.png

4. i found mount issue again on 1.02 beta.

Spoiler

--------------------------------------------
- System start at 2019-11-10 09:30:53
Registering for Power notifications..
root mount point is '/Volumes/Macintosh HD'
Started with Clover r5098.
making '/' writable as Clover.RootRW=true
old '/Volumes/Mac Data/nvram.plist' removed.

- System power off at 2019-11-10 09:31:23
nvram saved to disk with UUID 0E239BC6-F960-3107-89CF-1C97F78BB46B
- System start at 2019-11-10 09:32:03
root mount point is '/Volumes/Macintosh HD'
old '/Volumes/Mac Data/nvram.plist' removed.

- System power off at 2019-11-10 09:34:46
DisableSleepProxyClient: trying to disable the service.. SIP permitting.

Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9ea74201f0 [0x7fff880e4fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext/", ID = "com.apple.filesystems.msdosfs" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9ea7613d10 [0x7fff880e4fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.mach" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9ea76140d0 [0x7fff880e4fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.unsupported" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9ea7613aa0 [0x7fff880e4fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.libkern" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9ea7613960 [0x7fff880e4fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.bsd" }
Disabling KextAudit: SIP is off
(kernel) Kext loading is disabled.
Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext - (libkern/kext) function disabled.
/System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) function disabled.
mount_msdos: msdos filesystem is not available
mount: /Volumes/NaCMIYEYfb failed with 71
Error: disk0s1 doesn't want to mount, try to save in /.

Spoiler

- System power off at 2019-11-10 04:16:27
DisableSleepProxyClient: service already disabled

Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ff3fcf043c0 [0x7fff8bc07fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext/", ID = "com.apple.filesystems.msdosfs" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ff3fcd33a60 [0x7fff8bc07fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.mach" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ff3fcd33e80 [0x7fff8bc07fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.unsupported" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ff3fcd337e0 [0x7fff8bc07fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.libkern" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ff3fcd336a0 [0x7fff8bc07fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.bsd" }
Disabling KextAudit: SIP is off
(kernel) Kext loading is disabled.
Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext - (libkern/kext) function disabled.
/System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) function disabled.
mount_msdos: msdos filesystem is not available
mount: /Volumes/eXXacQtEOZ failed with 71
Error: disk0s1 doesn't want to mount, try to save in /.

dump process

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/blob/master/CloverPackage/CloverV2/rcScripts/etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local#L425

1. mount ESP with Clover - otherwise write to root if no ESP then dump NVRAM to target path

- this is MBR case.

2. first do _spinWait(&umount->pid)

- i remember that avoid mount issue. 

3. _dumpNVRAM

- we can also checked nvram.plist status from log. 

4. we did consider that void mount issue problem like this.

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/blob/master/CloverPackage/CloverV2/rcScripts/etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local#L159

also if we see cloverdaemonnew version in log, we can easily say to problem from user report.

now we don't know that user use cloverdaemonnew of 1.00 alpha or newer.

thank you for hard work.

Edited by Sherlocks
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

does it mean that nvram.plist that HBfixup created will be remove when enter hibernation mode?

no it means is removed 3 seconds after wake.

3. strangely korean lang pack is not working. only keep english now.

This happen when a " or a ; is missing. I'll check it for you.

mount ESP with Clover - otherwise write to root if no ESP then dump NVRAM to target path

It already doing this

first do _spinWait(&umount->pid)

I'll take a look.

also if we see cloverdaemonnew version in log, we can easily say to problem from user report.

Ok will be done. The daemon will have it's own version.

Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9ea74201f0 [0x7fff880e4fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext/", ID = "com.apple.filesystems.msdosfs" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9ea7613d10 [0x7fff880e4fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.mach" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9ea76140d0 [0x7fff880e4fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.unsupported" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9ea7613aa0 [0x7fff880e4fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.libkern" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147416000) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9ea7613960 [0x7fff880e4fb0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/", ID = "com.apple.kpi.bsd" }

This is not a problem with the daemon. The System where rebuilding the prelinkedkernel. But just a question, why a kext like msdosfs.kext has an invalid signature?? Let me know if this happened once as I think.

9 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

This happen when a " or a ; is missing. I'll check it for you.

It already doing this

I'll take a look.

Ok will be done. The daemon will have it's own version.

This is not a problem with the daemon. The System where rebuilding the prelinkedkernel. But just a question, why a kext like msdosfs.kext has an invalid signature?? Let me know if this happened once as I think.

- no need remove nvram.plist after wake everytime. 1.01 alpha process is great. just hbfixup makes nvram.plist when enter hibernate mode.

- i never touch msdosfs.kext and kernelcache. maybe this issue happen for long time ago, so i remember that considered msdosfs mount issue from this way. 

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/blob/master/CloverPackage/CloverV2/rcScripts/etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local#L198

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/blob/master/CloverPackage/CloverV2/rcScripts/etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local#L359

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/blob/master/CloverPackage/CloverV2/rcScripts/etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local#L393

Edited by Sherlocks

4 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

- no need remove nvram.plist after wake everytime. 1.01 alpha process is great. just hbfixup makes nvram.plist when enter hibernate mode.

Did not you told me to do that?

enter hibernation mode, have cloverdaemon remove that hibernationfixup makes nvram.plist in booted mac partition or not?

..otherwise leave it there where is created it is just easy Lol.

• Like 1

..otherwise leave it there where is created it is just easy Lol.

- there is some misunderstand. i said process. but i didnt say point that no need to remove nvram.plist that hibernation fixup made in root of boot macos parition.

because there are two nvram.plist when hibernate mode.

power on system, system start to get clover gui, when getting gui, clover read nvram.plist that HBfixup made(last date), then boot mac partition, then cloverdaemon check location of nvram.plist, then remains nvram.plist in ESP when logout, and remove nvram.plist in root of booted macparition.

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

7 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

- there is some misunderstand. i said process. but i didnt say point that no need to remove nvram.plist that hibernation fixup made in root of boot macos parition.

because there are two nvram.plist when hibernate mode.

power on system, system start to get clover gui, when getting gui, clover read nvram.plist that HBfixup made(last date), then boot mac partition, then cloverdaemon check location of nvram.plist, then remains nvram.plist in ESP when logout, and remove nvram.plist in root of booted macparition.

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

ok now i'v understood. Wants you make more tests as I want this to be perfect??

Another question, the nvram.plist created by hibernationfixup can contains these

efi-backup-boot-device
install-product-url
previous-system-uuid

and should be removed?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mork vom Ork said:

fixed a misspelling in one line. sorry, so this is the new translation for german...

Done!

21 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

of course. i like this work to be perfectemoji3.png.

Clover.app v1.03 Beta, I made some changes and now here looks really cool.

Summarize of what CloverDaemonNew does:

1. Start when system start and it clean all nvram.plist in all volumes, except if the volume is the boot device. It mount the filesystem read-write as requested (if you wanted this). Disable the Sleep Proxy Client if requested (to do that the file system must be mounted read-write if isn't).
  2. It's registered to intercept when the System is going to sleep, but does nothing.
  3. It's registered to intercept when the System wake from sleep and does nothing, but now if a /nvram.plist exist after wake it print existing Apple variables keys to the log (ones with 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C: prefix, so we know what's going on).
  4. At shut down/restart, if Emuvariable exist, it save the nvram to the boot partition but if can't mount it, it saves to /nvram.plist. To do that ensure the DiskManagement and DiskArbitration are loaded and not unloaded by the System. 10 attempts otherwise it saves to /. Then disable the Sleep proxy Client, if you wanted this, if there any time left by the SIGTERM and SIGKILL is not yet received, otherwise no matter what.

- CloverDaemonNew v1.01
- System start at 2019-11-10 04:48:25
root mount point is '/Volumes/Catalina'
try to making '/' writable as Clover.DisableSleepProxyClient=true.

- System power off at 2019-11-10 04:51:30
- CloverDaemonNew v1.01

nvram saved to disk with UUID 0E239BC6-F960-3107-89CF-1C97F78BB46B
1 attempts required.

Please try

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1