[Help!] No Quartz/CI with Titan or Natit

-jordn-

16 posts in this topic

hey there,

i am running OSX 10.4.8 with the 8.8.1 kernel via the AMD TEST 1 release, in a test partition. i have installed Natit installer, which recognises my NVidia 6800XT, and loads a kext for it in system preferences. But i still have no resolution change, or Quartz/CI.

Fair enough.

I then loaded the Titan kext using the instructions. it loaded up, and it initialised my card. checked system preferences, still no Quartz/CI. So then i unloaded them both and tried them seperatley. that didnt work either.

i have also tried editing the plist file belonging to the Geforce.kext- but when i open that there is NOTHING AT ALL in it! i have tried scrolling down with the control Y and O i think it is... unless im doing it wrongly?

i read somewhere in this forum that somebody else with a 6800XT got it to work, so PM if you read this!!!

i would greatly appreciate a responce or any kind of input. Ny spec is in my sig.

thanks in advance,

jordn

Right. After much work i seemed to of got a little further. i successfully installed the Titan.kext and edited to plist to match my GPU. still no CI or Quartz. Since i am using the AMD TEST 1 release, it appears that TubGirl put all the Nvdia kexts into a "disabled" folder outside extensions, for maximum compatiblity and to avoid unnessesary kernel panics. So, i added all the ones that were not in Extensions from the disabled folder (NVDAV10Hal.kext,NVDAV20Hal.kext,NVDAV30Hal.kext and NVDAVHal40.kext). i also modified their IOPCIMatch plist strings to match that of my video card (0x00c310de). i also chown'd and chmod'd them. they install great, but still no CI/Quartz. But i believe the reason for this is because in the verbose it says:

Cannot resolve kernel dependancies for kernel extension Geforce.kext

Cannot resolve kernel dependancies for kernel extension NVDAV10Hal.kext

Cannot resolve kernel dependancies for kernel extension NVDAV20Hal.kext

Cannot resolve kernel dependancies for kernel extension NVDAV30Hal.kext

Cannot resolve kernel dependancies for kernel extension NVDAV40Hal.kext

Display: Family specific matching fails

so they aint installing right. does anyone know how i can fix this? i havent installed the Natit package yet, as i thought that could further complicate things atm.

please help, i am so desperate for CI and quartz!!!

jordn

Delete AGPGART.KEXT it's the worse driver I've seen, it blocked QE/CI on my ATI and my nVidia Cards! Since I deleted this kext my video worked perfectly!

To get my FX5200 APG working I've deleted the agpgart.kext and added my vendor and device ID into Geforce.kext... Now I have full QE/CI/QE2D/OpenGl with my nVidia card...

hi i have the same card id as you 0x00c3 6800xt and i have got mine working ok full qe ci resolution change mouse shadow the lot

you running 10.4.8 semthex kernel

easy way i did it is used the natit installer for nvidia cards

then put my card id in these files

geforce.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

repair disk permissions with disk utility this should get you going

hope this helps you

peakymonster thanks a bunch, got it working perfectly. everything works, except dual monitors, but that can wait. even sleep works! may have to upgrade video cards, as i wanna play some Americas Army and Fear at high res and on dual monitors.... can anyone suggest a decent supported card? ATI or Nvidia, not fussed. Budget between £100-£150 at the most, and 256MB video memory, 512MB if possible!

peakymonster thanks a bunch, got it working perfectly. everything works, except dual monitors, but that can wait. even sleep works! may have to upgrade video cards, as i wanna play some Americas Army and Fear at high res and on dual monitors.... can anyone suggest a decent supported card? ATI or Nvidia, not fussed. Budget between £100-£150 at the most, and 256MB video memory, 512MB if possible!

Awesome, congrats dude. As for upgrading your 6800XT, I'm not too sure if you can get anything at 150 that would run FEAR at highest on your monitor AND would work perfectly with Titan/Natit. If I recall correctly, there are problems getting 7900/7950 series NVIDIA cards working correctly and other problems getting 512mb cards from both manufacturers to work [solution is in progress].

im gonna leave this topic up

cause i need to reboot now in OSX to see what i can fix

i installed amd test1 dvd and now i have 8.8.1 kernel

the titan works perfectly but i dont have qe or gl ..

im too close now ,im gonna do this at last :)

the worst thing is gone (to install the 8.8.1 in amd)

i also noticed that tubgirl made a folder with the geforce kexts deleted

i cant make it work

im running the tubgirl TEST1 AMD DVD

i havent changed any kernel on this

i didnt have any luck with natit (i think is natit included)

so i installed the titan

titan works correctly ,recognize my 7600GS card

everything loads with no problems but no QE/CI

i tried to edit the geforce kext and i put my device id (0x02e1) did everything the thread sasys

but no luck

i cant login to gui it crash just before the application window started

with something about " ... .. . it shouldnt be used and will be removed to .8 ***" and then it stops

now i removed the geforce.kext and im on again but still with no QE/CI

what should i try next?

i start to blv that is my 7600GS problem..even in XP it needs its own drivers and not the usuall nvidia's

anybody had any luck with this card???

should i try another kernel...?what to do?

which kernel is inside the TEST1 dvd?

its 8.8.1 ,i saw it ..but which one?

i was so close now!

Hey Revenge,

i was concidering upping my budget and buying an ATI X1950XT 512MB. i definatley read somewhere that people were having success with that card.

spanakorizo, to get CI/Quartz and Reschange this is how i did everything. Uninsytall Titan/Natit or both if you installed them both. make a folder on your desktop and call it disabled for the time being. copy NVDANVHal40.kext, NVDAResman.kext and Geforce.kext into it. ALSO back up another copy of Geforce incase things get ugly. Open the Plist files in each of them, navigate to IOPCIMatch and enter you DEVICE ID followed by 10de (i accidently put in my vender id, got a HUGE kernel panic) and close and save them. drag them all back in to the extensions folder, authenticate them all with your password.

then, fire up terminal and chmod and chown them all i.e:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext.

ive done one for you, so then do the same for NVDANVHal40, and Geforce.

if everything goes smoothly, repair your disk permissions. after this, install NATIT only. this should go smoothly and ask for a reboot. when you reboot, your verbose may hang for up to 10 seconds. its fine! you will then get a line saying Natit: initialising and, if your lucky, your screen will blank for a second. it should then land you at the desktop. If this is your first time seeing your screen with the kext installed, colours look darker and have more contrast....

check system profiler and check your monitor under settings and enjoy all the new features!!!

hope this helps. get stuck, just write back.

jordn

Hey guys,

I have one GeForce FX 5200 and like xRAFAx I erased agpart.kext and after following the default instructions to make a nvidia card work, the QE/CI was enabled.

1) I erased AGPGART.kext

2) Changed all devID on NVDA*kext and GeForce.kext (my devid is 0322)

3) installed the new november 4 release of Titan

4) Changed all permissions

5) rebooted

6) QE/CI enabled and hackintosh at full speed (well the best my system can handle)

If someone wants a more detailed instructions I may provide.

Now the questions:

Is there a decent ABNT2 keyboard layout available? Everyone I got there is something missing...

Is there a way to use dual display with Titan? I have a digital output and a LCD TV conected to the computer and I wish to use it...

I wish to know also the best hardware that fits a instalation of OSx86

And xRAFAx, could you give me your results of xbench? Our system is basically the same and I wish to compare to see if I`m really running it at full speed here