After a quite smooth running /w Mojave (both Clover, OC build), a few days ago I upgraded to Catalina soon after public release, and I found out DP output to black screen, then I switch to HDMI, it works. When DP goes black screen, unplug then plug the cable, screen comes back then gone.
After a lot of searches, I found out some simalar cases, but none of them have a solution,
today I was quite happy to find out this post is https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/majove-to-catalina-displayport-not-working.284983/.
which solving by swithing to iMac19,1, which I think WEG quite needs an enhancement
But I tried with no luck.
And I don't know is it relevant to this issue, sometimes wakeup, I got panic, somehow like this:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
whole panic log in attachment
Asrock z370 gaming itx/ac
Only Intel UHD630 with LG UL550 4k monitor
Or is there any guide how to do some logging for this issue?
If you have a working Brightness Slider and you might be using Brightness slider or manual hotkeys to control brightness then this guide may help you to use your Native hotkeys of laptop.
(All the Credits goes to @RehabMan For OS-X-ACPI-Debug Kext and DSDT Patches.)
This step assumes that you are using RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller
Install the kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug
Open MaciASL and click on patch.(Add rehab man repo)
Apply "Add DSDT Debug Methods" and "Instrument EC Queries" that are under Brightness Fix.
Save the DSDT and restart
Look in Syslog as you press the key corresponding to brightness to determine which _QXX methods handle the keys
(UPDATE: From Sierra Apple changed logging process. So you won't find ACPIdebug result using syslog command. Instead use following command )
log show --last 5 | grep ACPIDebug
6. Then patch DSDT:
into method label _Q1D replace_content
// Brightness Down\n
into method label _Q1C replace_content
// Brightness Up\n
Change the variable _Q1D/_Q1C as per the log.
7. Try compiling and check if it generates errors 8. If it does, then change the PS2M to PS2X according to the one found in your DSDT 9. Save and place the compiled DSDT. 10. Now you should see that you have your corresponding keys to change your brightness
FOR more detail and Queries,Check Out original Post of @RehabMan Here;
Get Latest Version of OS-X-ACPI-Debug kext here:
First i will give you information about my specification
Processor : Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
RAM : Team DDR4 8GB (2X4GB) 2133Mhz - up to 3000Mhz at XMP Profile
Graphics Card : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5
SSD and HDD : Fujitsu F200 for System + 500GB Seagate connect with add on PCI-e to Sata 3 Asmedia ASM1062 Chipset
Other harddrive : 1 Natno SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate, 2x 500GB Seagate connect with internal SATA Controller Interface
Wifi Card : TP-Link TL-WDN4800
Monitor : 2x Asus VN248H (HDMI and Display Port with Converter)
I need 2 new hardware to support this
a. PCIe to Sata with 2 Ports Sata (because i use 2 important storage)
b. PCI to USB 2.0 with NEC Chipset (i Plug USB Keyboard, Mouse and USB Installer here)
My steps :
1. Make USB installer El Capitan 10.11 Public Release with CreateinstallMedia method
2. Install Clover Rev 3280 into it
3. Basic configuration for BIOS (Disable serial port at IO section in bios, Boot with UEFI Mode, Primary Graphics set to PCI-E, Sata Controller = AHCI, CSM Support = Disable, OS Mode = Windows 8/10 WHQL)
4. My Masic Configuration for Config.plist (open with Clover Configurator Version 4.24)
ACPI = tick FixHpet, AddDTGP, FixHDA, New Way, Delete Unused, AddHDMI, Drop OEM_DSM of HDA and SATA.
Bootflag = nv_disable=1 -v dart=0
Devices = USB Inject, Add Clock ID, Fix OwnerShip, Audio Layout = 2, Reset HDA
Graphics = There is no change here
Kernel and Kext Patches = FakeCPUIID 0x00306F2 and tick KernelHasswellE (Please anybody,, i dont want use this. Latest El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta is supported native to this processor right. Help me with kernel so i don't need to use fakeCpuIID again) I I use Clover R3292 and i don't need to use FakeCPUID again,, just tick Kernel Haswell-E and it will boot. So you need to use Clover R3292 and later
Rt Variables = BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x067
SMBios = First i use SMBios MacPro 6.1 but later i just need to use iMac17,1 because My System build is identical with iMac17,1 hardware (SkyLake System)
System Parameters = Inject Kexts Detect and Tick Inject System ID
5. Boot from Your USB Installer and do everything like normal until you get into desktop
6. Install Kext Utility,
7. Copy "AppleGraphicsControl.kext" from "System/Library/Extensions" to Desktop and then edit info.plist at "AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/info.plist" and look at OKitPersonalities->AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy->ConfigMap and change "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 - Config1" to "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 - None". Reinstall this kext with Kext Utility.
Note : the reason you need to "Config1" of "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6" because it's BOARD-ID for MacPro6,1. so if you use SMBios of iMac17,1 then Check your Board-Id (you can use Clover Configurator and open your config.plist and see your Board-id at SMBios Section) and change "Config2/Config1" to "none". Now i use "Mac-DB15BD556843C820" as my Board-ID because i use iMac17,1 SMBios so i need to change ConfigMap that related to it
8. Install Nvidia Web Driver version 346.03.02f02, and restart.
9. Change bootflag "nv_disable=1" to "nvda_drv=1"
10. After you get into desktop, get Latest Beta Build 10.11.1 Seed. You need to change seed catalog update first (google it).
11. Do update to 10.11.1 Build 15B38b and restart
12. Boot again with bootflag "nv_disable=1", and copy "NVDAStartupWeb.kext" from "System/Library/Extensions" to desktop. And open info.plist at "NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist". Look at "IOKitPersonalities->NVDAStartup" and change "NVDARequiredOS - 15A284" to "NVDARequiredOS - 15B". Save,, and reinstall this kext with Kext Utility
13. IMPORTANT, if you use SMBIOS MacPro 6.1 or iMac 15.1 and some type (I forgot) then do "7Th Step" above again.
14. Restart and reuse "nvda_drv=1"
15. Now you have El Capitan 10.11.1 at your SKYLAKE Computer
1. Internal Sata is still not function, it show "Intel 10 Series Chipset" but "unknown" for Harddrive Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC 2. USB 3.0 is not function too, but it shot at USB System Report Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC
3. When you open Browser Applications, Movies or Something like that then it will freeze for 10 seconds. I check console and i found "NVDA(Graphics): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x8 DMA Engine Error (FIFO Error 8)" Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC
4. Address of Sound HDEF is different with my DSDT. Normally it should be "0x001B0000" but at my board's DSDT is "0x001F0003". So ScriptCommand of Toleda for ALC is not work anymore, we need to change that script command from HDEF-B to HDEF-F (just look at the script)
5. We need to change Device HDAS to HDEF at address "0x00fF0003", but something weird after 5times my system freeze and i look at Audio System Report it suddenly show all of AUDIO Interface , before not. Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC
6. I look at my Graphics/Displays Sytem report and at PCIe Lane Width, it show "x4" or "x8". Damn,, it should be "x16". It will random change after freeze from "x4" or "x8" My bad, i just need to plug out and plug in again. Just assembly case
Maybe Rehabman, Slice and Pike R. Alpha want to help me
i attach my file (Darwin Dumper File) <<<<< Before Patched, and i attach my DSDT + SSDT + Config.plist <<<<< After Patched and working well
Before Mod Bios / Patch 1
Before Mod Bios / Patch 2
Before Mod Bios / Patch 3
Before Mod Bios / Patch 4
I have working Mojave version of Hackintosh and it's working perfectly but when I have upgraded to Catalina it's stuck after reaching 90% of the progress bar. When I verbose the boot I got the IGPU problem and if I pass -disablegfxfirmware then I don't get any error log but the progress bar still stuck on the same position and screen became purple. Am I need anything more patch to get a working Catalina machine with Intel HD 630? If I need then how can I do it?
My EFI link -
My computer specification is -
Motherboard: Gigabyte h110m-h-cf
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 CPU@3.00GHZ
Graphics: 4gb GeForce GT730 DDR3 (I have disabled it)
Ram - 16gb ddr4
Monitor - Dell connects through the HDMI port.