Mojave on Dell Latitude E6410 With Working Sleep

deeveedee

188 posts in this topic

I needed the SD Card Reader, so I followed the VoodooSDHC.kext installation instructions here.  I was able to access images on the SD Card, so it does appear that VoodooSDHC.kext works in Mojave.  I added VoodooSDHC.kext to the kext list on Post #1 of this thread.

Note that the SD Card Reader must be enabled in BIOS.

EDIT: Use the updated DSDT that I attached a couple of posts later in this thread.  This new DSDT resolves a SD Card mounting issue on battery power.

Edited by tonyx86
Added note about updated DSDT

Interesting observation - wondering if anyone else has seen this.  I inserted an SD Card while my E6410 was running on battery power.  The SD card did not mount.  I have not seen this when using the SD Card slot on A/C power.

I wonder if I screwed something up in the DSDT when I was playing with EJD (trying to figure out the sleep problem).  If anyone else sees this difference in SD Card behavior between A/C and battery, I'll take a look at the DSDT.  Otherwise, it may be just my system / SD Card.

Edited by tonyx86

Attached is an updated DSDT for the Latitude E6410.  Details below.

While attempting to fix sleep, I had gone down an incorrect path where I changed the EJD (Ejection Dependent Device) configuration for Device (PXSX) (what I now know to be the SD Card slot).  The changes I made did not fix sleep and they broke PXSX.  I experienced SD Card mounting problems when running on battery power.  The attached DSDT restores Device (PXSX) EJD configuration to its original state.  This appears to have resolved the SD Card issues.

DSDT.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Attached is an updated DSDT for the Latitude E6410.  Details below.

When I was experimenting with the discrete graphics _OFF and _ON methods (in _PTS and _WAK methods respectively), I should have made _OFF and _ON conditional on S3 and S4 states only.  The attached DSDT makes sure that _OFF and _ON are only invoked when entering and exiting sleep states S3 and S4.

DSDT.zip

• Like 1

I have updated Post #1 of this thread to be consistent with the latest state of my E6410.  The config files attached to Post #1 (in E6410.zip) include the latest from my fully working system.

EDIT: After posting the information below, I learned from @holyfield that the actual boot arg should be "darkwake=0" for reasons described in this thread.  Leaving as "darkwake=8" achieves the same result (again, for reasons described in this thread) so either value (8 or 0) works and I won't be updating config.plist attached to Post #1 unless another update is required.

The E6410 LCD screen is blank when resuming from sleep (S3) by opening lid.  The screen is not blank when waking with the power button.  The solution is to add "darkwake=8" to CLOVER boot args.  Thank you, @Hervé, for this tip earlier in this thread.  This fix has been added to the config files attached to Post #1 of this thread.  Note that I first tried darkwake=8 and it worked, so I didn't try any other values for darkwake.

In addition, Post #1 of this thread includes an updated DSDT to address very minor copy/paste issues when I was experimenting with _PTS fixes to enable sleep.  The _PTS changes now included in the attachment to Post #1 are minor and shouldn't affect operation.  

Edited by tonyx86
Added note about darkwake=0
  • Thanks 1

I am now running Catalina 10.15.2 on my Dell Latitude E6410.  I don't plan to revisit this Mojave thread much (except to copy any content to make the Catalina thread stand-alone).  The Catalina upgrade was uneventful/painless thanks to the DosDude Catalina Patcher.  The Catalina thread for the Latitude E6410 is here.

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 1.30.52 PM.png

Edited by tonyx86

• 1 month later...
From spain.
Thank you very much, this post has helped me to 
install Mojave on my Dell Latitude E6410 (I7-620m, Nvidia 3100M, BIOS: A17) 

But I have two problems
-The audio does not work for me. I use voodooHDA.kest
-The computer attached to the Docking PR03X the displayport to hdmi does not work

Can somebody help me?
Thank you

EFI(1).zip

Edited by jande

1 hour ago, jande said:

Thank you very much, this post has helped me to 
install Mojave on my Dell Latitude E6410 (I7-620m, Nvidia 3100M, BIOS: A17) 

But I have two problems
-The audio does not work for me. I use voodooHDA.kest
-The computer attached to the Docking PR03X the displayport to hdmi does not work

Can somebody help me?
Thank you

Glad it helped you.  My guess is that you did not correctly install VoodooHDA.kext, but the EFI files you attached are incorrect.  Please use Black.Dragon74's problem reporting tool (Google 'GENERATE PROPER PROBLEM REPORTING FILES black.dragon74') and attach the debug output to your post.  Thank you.

I started to examine your debug files, but stopped after noticing that your installation is the result of multiple methods.  It looks like you followed my instructions after already installing with another method.  Please perform a clean installation of Mojave and Clover using my instructions in Post #1 of this thread.  You'll need to delete the old files in your EFI first.

• Thanks 1

Hello tonyx86 and thank you very much.

Now everything works except the audio that is badly heard and that I cannot operate the docking port display.
For me to reinstall everything is complicated.

Anyway thank you very much for your help. :)

I'll continue studying

Congrats on solving your own issue, but I'm surprised it works.  Is it possible that you uploaded the wrong debug files?  Your patched ACPI files (in the files you uploaded) are not what I provided in this thread.  Again, congratulations.  Glad you got it working.  I wish I could take credit, but it was all you.

That's ok - we all started as newbie's and I'm FAR from an expert.  My other thread for installing Catalina has better installation instructions.  I'm not going to spare you the learning that you'll need to do in order to become proficient with Hackintosh - I'd be doing you a disservice.  You need to understand it in order to maintain it.  It's not good enough to be able to install it.  Just be patient with yourself.  I would highly recommend that you start with a clean installation of Catalina - do not try to upgrade your current installation.   If you really do have a Dell Latitude E6410 with NVidia 3100m graphics and BIOS version A17, your ACPI is wrong.  Follow my Catalina instructions with a clean disk.

EDIT: I deleted my comment about staying with 10.15.2. Just follow my instructions in Post #1 of the Catalina thread.

• Thanks 1

EDIT: This new DSDT and a new CLOVER config.plist are now included in the E6410-Mojave.zip attachment in Post #1 of this thread. The updated config.plist removes CLOVER USB Fixes that are no longer necessary.  Kexts have not been updated in the E6410-Mojave.zip attachment, so if you update your Mojave installation with the new EFI attached to Post #1, you will still need to follow all of the Catalina upgrade instructions (including new kexts) if you upgrade to Catalina by following the instructions in this thread.

A new DSDT for the Latitude E6410 is attached.  Replace your DSDT in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched with the DSDT attached to this post.  Details below.

I found an incorrectly applied patch in my Latitude E6410 DSDT.  This DSDT has been incorrect since I first applied patches for Mojave and explains why I originally thought I needed to enable USBFix in CLOVER config.plist (which I ended up not having to do).  I had incorrectly applied the _DSM patch for Device (EHC1).  This _DSM patch was nested inside of Device EHC1.RHUB1 instead of up one level in Device EHC1.

This error doesn't appear to have affected USB behavior, but I haven't finished testing. Please replace your Latitude E6410 DSDT (in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched) with this new one.

I will eventually update the EFI attached to Post #1 in this thread and to the Catalina Thread.

DSDT.zip

Edited by tonyx86