Mojave on Dell Latitude E6410 With Working Sleep

deeveedee

188 posts in this topic

HackBook Pro E6410 I7-820QM now stable.

The modular bay may create problems with SSDs/HDDs. This is probably known, but I wasn't aware of it.

Now Mojave works great from SSD(860 EVO) in HDD bay. Windows 10 crashed during boot from SSD installed in modular bay, so the issue is not related to Clover/Mojave.

There are checkboxes in bios boot settings. Even if boot priority list only shows the attached devices, make sure you deselect DVD if you have installed a HDD/SSD in the modular bay. Windows booted successfully after I did that. Mojave may also work from modular bay with this setting.

Only difference I had to make to my Clover(rev. 5033) config.plist was to patch DSDT USB devices. With the 820qm installed they are named: EHCI(I not 1) and EHC2. Renamed EH01 and EH02.

Power management works well for 820qm too, just follow tonyx86's guide. I currently run without PM(P-states still active, C-states not active), as my ethernet speed is too low  when PM is active. I don't think this is unique to my hardware/software setup.

I will update and upload files when I have setup everything properly.

@Malu Glad to hear of your success. EHCI is the naming convention in the Latitude E6410 DSDT (with or without the 820qm).  Renaming is required.  Initially, I renamed EHCI and EHC2 by manually patching my DSDT.  Now I renamed EHCI to EHC1 and am using CLOVER to rename and fix USB.

@tonyx86 Ok,my bad. I read your initial post and thought EHC1 was the original name you had. Good to know USB naming is normal.

That renaming method seems like a nice and clean way to do it. I need to go through all my Clover setting, drivers, kexts, patches...

Maybe it could be good to have a clover package made for E6410 that doesn't have full functionality(no custom DSDT), but is compatible with most E6410 configurations. It should be possible to get all E6410 to boot with only a custom Clover plist in the package.

Green hackers would at least be able to easily install Mojave this way.

@Malu I've tinkered with CLOVER just enough to be dangerous, but still prefer manually patching my DSDT.  Currently, my E6410 config.plist renames EHCx to EH0x, Fixes USB, Injects NVidia, enables TRIM, adds the -no_compat_check boot flag and configures SMBIOS.  All other patches are manually applied to my DSDT using Rehabman's version 1.31 of MacIsl.  I wouldn't be the right person to start with the original DSDT and fix everything with a CLOVER config.plist, but I'd love to see it if anyone has it.

Also, now that your system is stable, could you post your Geekbench results?  I'm curious to see the performance difference between the I7-820QM and the I7-620M.  My I7-620m Geekbench score is attached to the first post in this thread.

@tonyx86 can you post your config.plist with your patches on the fly and your clover\kexts\other folder content?

My E6510 is running Mojave, Mavericks on same disk and another disk in a caddy bay with Windows 10 perfectly.

Thank you!

On 8/6/2019 at 1:24 PM, hazem3ly said:

I Forget To apply Patches in dudclx's link ,but i applied it now and then the problem of screen gone black not resolved so i tried to apply every patch individual and i found that what make the problem is in this code 

Scope (_SB)
    {
        Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_CID, "backlight")  // _CID: Compatible ID
            Name (_UID, 0x0A)  // _UID: Unique ID
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)  // _STA: Status
        }
    }

and when removed it the screen works fine .

the current problems is 

the osx not fully shutdown(i've to long press power button)

brightness not work (the slider now not apper in preference )

the wifi card at os start is working but after small amount of time it switched off and never turned on again until restart

i have attached clover file CLOVER.zip

@tonyx86 I have this above symptom here.

With your DSDT in my ACPI folder, I have all the things working but screen blinks and die (after dosdude patch video).

With the patched DSDT of @hazem3ly I can resolve this, but my Mavericks (on the other partition) wont load ALPS PS2 (voodooPS2.kext) by some reason...

I know Mavericks is out of topic, but can you help me to start with some kind of solution?

@vbmota If you have carefully followed my instructions in Post #1 and throughout this thread and your Mojave installation is not working, I don't know what to say since I don't have enough information about your system.  If you Google "blackdragon problem reporting tool" and post the .zip file that his tool creates, I might have enough information to help you.  

For Mavericks, Google "Latitude E6410 Mavericks" and follow that guide.  I don't have any experience with Mavericks on the Latitude E6410.

@vbmota After a quick scan of your debug files, here's what I see:

• Your CLOVER/kexts folder has kexts in CLOVER/kexts and CLOVER/kexts/Other.  You only want kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Too many kexts in CLOVER/kext/other.  Just follow the example I attached to post #1 and install other kexts in /Library/Extensions as I have indicated in my instructions in Post #1.  This is my preference (others have differing opinions).
  • It appears that you may have selected the SIP Manager option in DosDude's Mojave patcher.  Properly remove SIP Manager.kext from /Library/Extensions
  • It appears that you have have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed.  Why?
  • It appears that you have both USBInjectAll.kext (Rehabman) and LegacyUSBInjector.kext (DosDude) installed 
  • Why do you have CLOVER boot option 'nvda_drv=1'?

I'm going to stop there.  Please re-read Post #1 and follow it exactly for your Mojave installation.  You cannot start with a previous installation of Mojave that was not working and then start with the instructions in this thread.  This thread assumes that you are starting your Mojave installation from scratch.

Good luck!

Nice to rear you again.

• Your CLOVER/kexts folder has kexts in CLOVER/kexts and CLOVER/kexts/Other.  You only want kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other

I just forgot this various ps2 controllers in folder above to test on "others" folder. My bad.

• Too many kexts in CLOVER/kext/other.  Just follow the example I attached to post #1 and install other kexts in /Library/Extensions as I have indicated in my instructions in Post #1.  This is my preference (others have differing opinions).

Before install kexts in /L/E I do prefer to test it all on my EFI, but I will install all important ones. Thank you to your advice.

• It appears that you may have selected the SIP Manager option in DosDude's Mojave patcher.  Properly remove SIP Manager.kext from /Library/Extensions

YES! I just pulled it off and now I can use your DSDT/SSDTs with no problems. Thank you!

• It appears that you have have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed.  Why?

My bad, again, I pulled it off. Thank you!

• It appears that you have both USBInjectAll.kext (Rehabman) and LegacyUSBInjector.kext (DosDude) installed

My bad, again, I pulled it off. Thank you!

• Why do you have CLOVER boot option 'nvda_drv=1'?

It's just because my Mavericks partition only load the video with this option... and nothing to do with Mojave.

There are new versions of the following kexts that I have not yet tested.  Has anyone tested these to confirm that they work with the Latitude E6410?

@vbmota thanks!  Now that my E6410 is working flawlessly (except for that nagging sleep issue), I hate to "fix what's not broken").  I expect to install these updated kexts over the next week to keep the system current in preparation for Catalina.

Now I Have Almost Every Thing Work Except Sleeping ,

The Only Problem Remaining is Wifi i have replaced it with ship Broadcom  BCM94352  and as i know it hackintosh supported

but when i start the osx it work but after connected to the network it switched off and if i tried to open it again i could't as in this gif

870127685_2019-08-1916_31_08.gif.68f5842f94cfe3d326e30e2a1d849475.gif

if there is any thing i can do i will be grateful and thanks for help.

and this is my clover files CLOVER.zip

There are minor differences between a real MacBookPro6,2 IORegistry dump and this HackBookPro6,2 IORegistry dump that can be resolved with simple DSDT edits.  I am now running with these changes, but haven't found these changes to make any difference in operational behavior.

• Rename Device (AC) -> Device (ADP1)
  • Remove UID from Device (HPET)
  • Add compatible ID "PNP0C01" to Device (HPET)
  • Change ADP1:_STA from 0x0F to 0xFFFFFFFF
  • Enable Ambient Light Sensor and renamed to Device (ALS0) from Device (ALS)
  • Add compatible ID "smc-als" to ALS0
  • Rename LID -> LID0
  • Change "name" definitions to Buffers in _DSM methods
  • Rename Device (PBTN) to PWRB
  • Rename Device (SBTN) to (SLPB)
  • Change HDAU "onboard-1" to "onboard-2"
Edited by tonyx86

@hazem3ly - Looks good.  Let's start with these questions:

• Why did you install XHCI-unsupported.kext?

• You didn't patch Method (OSID) in your DSDT (read the first post of this thread to learn about ACOS)

• How did you install VoodooHDA?  Looks like AppleHDADisabler.kext is missing?

• Why is aDummyHDA.kext installed?

• My preference is to install kexts in /L/E - not in /S/L/E.  I believe you will find debugging much easier if you minimize changes to /S/L/E. You don't need to move your kexts, but note this suggestion for the future.

By the way - I learned something new from your config.  My camera is disabled in my BIOS. I didn't realize that the camera was a USB camera on EHC2.

Edited by tonyx86

@tonyx86  thanks for fast response

• Why did you install XHCI-unsupported.kext?  

i install two hard drive one ssd that have osx on it and anther hdd that have ntfs partitions and after osx installed i could't open the second  hard gives me this message ( the disk inserted was not readable by this computer )and after searching some topic suggested install this kext (XHCI-unsupported) but not worked and forget to remove it after that and the one make it work is this kext AppleAHCIPort.kext

• You didn't patch Method (OSID) in your DSDT (read the first post of this thread to learn about ACOS)

i already used ur uploaded dsdt file to compare it with mine so i forget to add this patch and i applied it now

• How did you install VoodooHDA?  Looks like AppleHDADisabler.kext is missing

•  Why is aDummyHDA.kext installed?

i already faced a problem with sound to get it work first i installed this app (VoodooHDA 2.9.2 Clover-V14) but for some how it not work so i tried to install aDummyHDA.kext found it in @duduclx post but also not work but after some try and error i take the file VoodooHDA.kext which installed on os/EFI/clover/kexts/10.14 by the (VoodooHDA 2.9.2 Clover-V14 App) and take this kext and installed it in /S/L/E and this what make sound work so i don't know why there is no AppleHDADisabler.kext 

• My preference is to install kexts in /L/E - not in /S/L/E.  I believe you will find debugging much easier if you minimize changes to /S/L/E. You don't need to move your kexts, but note this suggestion for the future.

i know that is better to install the kexts to /L/E but i don't know how i use Kext Wizard app to install and build cash and it install it to /S/L/E by default  

By the way - I learned something new from your config.  My camera is disabled in my BIOS. I didn't realize that the camera was a USB camera on EHC2.

i already installed high Sierra before and for what i know first after i installed it and before change EHCI to EHC1 the wifi chip is working with no problem but the problem is the usb is not work so i have to change EHCI to EHC1 and this is what make all usbs work but the problem of wifi is appears and the same problem exists in mojave as well i don't know why but as i think wifi is readable as usb card as well 

And thanks again for ur time.

Edited by hazem3ly

@hazem3ly After you made the changes I suggested, does your Wi-Fi still not work?

It looks like your sound configuration is a combination of multiple approaches.  VoodooHDA leaves the original AppleHDA.kext and adds AppleHDADisabler.kext.  Your AppleHDA.kext appears to have been modified.

I'll be able to help better if we eliminate problems that may be caused by solutions that you tried before that did not work.  If you are able to perform a clean installation of Mojave (maybe you have another hard drive  / SSD), that would be best.  I'm not going to be much help if we're diagnosing / debugging previously failed attempts.

EDIT: @hazem3ly One other thing I noticed but forgot to ask about.  I think I saw that your CLOVER themes include tonymacx86.  Did you use one of the tonymacx86 tools at one time to install macOS on your laptop?  If so, I'm not sure what other things are installed/modified, so that would be another reason to start over and perform a fresh installation of Mojave by following this thread.  Nothing against those other tools - it's just not the way this thread intended to install Mojave.

Edited by tonyx86

I enabled the Ambient Light Sensor (ALS), microphone and camera in my BIOS for testing purposes.  ALS and the microphone both work.  The camera shows up as a USB device on port EHC2::Hub2::HP24, but I haven't tested it.  For those who want to test the built-in camera, the last custom SSDT-UIAC that I posted won't work for you, because it sets the EHC2 port count to 0.  Try the attached custom SSDT-UIAC instead. This new SSDT-UIAC enables the single internal hub on EHC2 and sets the EHC2::Hub2 ports to type "internal."  If anyone tries this new SSDT-UIAC, please let me know how it works for you.  I am currently running with this on my E6410.

SSDT-UIAC.zip

EDIT: I have a working Sleep (Suspend State S3) later in this thread.  Keeping this post for info.

Interesting observation about sleep: I reinstalled Mojave (from scratch) on my Latitude E6410 using the latest info from this thread.  I then issued the following command "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25" without changing any other sleep settings.

With hibernatemode = 25, my E6410 appears to shut down when it sleeps, but when I "wake" it by pressing the power button, it boots normally but then resumes as though it slept normally.

This is a method from an old thread referenced earlier in this thread that appears to be a promising sleep compromise for the Latitude E6410 running Mojave.  I'd like to know what others find by experimenting with this sleep alternative.

Edited by tonyx86