Mojave on Dell Latitude E6410 With Working Sleep

deeveedee

188 posts in this topic

I applied the most recent Mojave 10.14.6 Security Patch by following these steps:

1. Create Mojave 10.14.6 USB Installer using DosDude Mojave Patcher 1.3.7
  2. Apply Mojave 10.14.6 security patch via System Preferences > Software Update
  3. After Mojave Security Patch is applied, reboot from USB Installer created in Step 1
  4. Select Post Install Utility and apply only the Legacy Graphics Patch
  5. After Mojave restarts, open terminal and run 'sudo kextcache -i /'
  6. Reboot

If the Legacy Graphics patch has been applied correctly, HWMonitor will show the GPU sensor parameters.

• 3 weeks later...

An updated EFI for the Latitude E6410 (NVidia Graphics) is attached to Post #1 of this thread.  Details are below.  Note that I am no longer updating kexts in /Library/Extensions for Mojave since the existing kexts work fine in Mojave.  I am continuing to update kexts for Catalina, so you will need to follow my Catalina installation/upgrade instructions if upgrading from Mojave to Catalina.

Changes in E6410-Mojave-v4.zip attached to Post #1

• Addition of SSDT-USBX.aml (install in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched) - injects MacBookPro6,2 USB wake/sleep power properties which have been removed from IOUSBHostFamily.kext after High Sierra 10.13.6
  • DSDT changes
    • Resolve a few ACPI compile warnings (fixes borrowed from Slice's E6430 DSDT)
    • Rename EHCx to EH0x in DSDT (the only instance of these renames is in the DSDT, so no need for Clover to do this)
    • Other minor revisions 
  • Disabled EHCx -> EH0x renames in CLOVER config.plist (no longer necessary after performing renames in DSDT)

• 1 month later...

When fixing sleep on lid closure, I added Device (PNLF) back into the DSDT.  Users who experience display issues may wish to try my updated DSDT attached to the first post in my Catalina thread.  I will no longer be maintaining the installation files attached to Post #1 in this Mojave thread.  Please refer to the first post in my Catalina thread for the latest installation instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Everything you need for Mojave on the Latitude E6410 is attached to Post #1 in this thread.  Same is true for Catalina in the Catalina thread.  You've asked this question before.  Not sure how else to explain.  You need to be logged into this forum in order to download the attachments.

• Confused 1

• 6 months later...

I'm revisiting this thread because I happen to be working on my Latitude E6410 and it is STILL perfectly running Catalina 10.15.7 with CLOVER r5119.  I'm going to miss hacking now that Apple has moved on to their own Silicon and eventually I'll be buying only real Macs.  Sept 4, 2019 is my favorite hack of all time.  This is a great laptop - made even better by macOS.  I'm still amazed at how responsive this laptop is with 11-year-old technology.  I currently have an external display connected to the VGA port and that, too, is still working perfectly.  If I ever have doubts about whether hacking is/was worth it, I just need to revisit this thread and my E6410 to be reminded of the rewarding results.

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Catalina appears to be end of the road for old Tesla graphics...

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-11-big-sur-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2242172/

Unsupported_GPUs.jpg

Thank you for update news for me.

I am using Mojave. (the caddy ssd is a Windows 10 partition) and choose a spare Disk for Catalina

without need it until now. Speed and control at Mojave are absolutely good.

Edited by vbmota

@vbmota I'm usually motivated when people tell me that something's impossible (it was my primary motivation for getting sleep to work on our E6410s).  With regard to Big Sur, I don't think the effort is worth the result.  If DosDude isn't going to attempt a Big Sur Patcher, I'm inclined to make my next macOS laptop a real Apple Mac.  For now, this Latitude E6410 is a perfect MacBookPro6,2 running High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina.  I just created a 1 minute video using iMovie last night and this laptop is still impressive.