macOS 10.14.4 final released!

9 posts in this topic

macOS-Mojave-10.14.4-final-version.jpg

The macOS Mojave 10.14.4 update adds support for Apple News+, includes bug fixes and improvements, improves the stability and reliability of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.

Apple News+
Apple News+ is a new subscription service that extends the Apple News experience with hundreds of magazines and top newspapers
Our editors handpick top articles and magazine issues, and you also get personalized recommendations on the topics most interesting to you
Automatic downloads make it easy to read magazine issues offline
Apple News is now available in Canada, with a free experience that includes handpicked Top Stories, a personalized Today feed, and support for both English and French
Apple News+ is available in the U.S. and in Canada, with dozens of additional Canadian magazines

Safari
Adds Dark Mode support for websites that support custom color schemes
Streamlines website login when filling credentials with Password AutoFill
Allows push notification prompts only after interacting with a website
Adds a warning when an insecure webpage is loaded
Removes support for the expired Do Not Track standard to prevent potential use as a fingerprinting variable; Intelligent Tracking Prevention now protects against cross-site tracking by default

iTunes
Shows more editorial highlights on a single page in the Browse tab, making it easier to discover new music, playlists, and more in Apple Music

AirPods
Adds support for new AirPods (2nd generation)

More
Supports Air Quality Index in Maps for US, UK and India
Improves the quality of audio recordings in Messages
Supports real-time text (RTT) for phone calls made through a nearby iPhone on Mac
Provides enhanced support for external GPUs in Activity Monitor
Fixes an App Store issue that may have prevented adoption of the latest versions of Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iMovie, and GarageBand
Improves the reliability of USB audio devices when used with MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and Mac mini models introduced in 2018
Corrects the default screen brightness for MacBook Air (Fall 2018)
Fixes a graphics compatibility issue that may occur on some external displays connected to Mac mini (2018)
Resolves Wi-Fi connection issues that may occur after upgrading to macOS Mojave
Fixes an issue where re-adding an Exchange account may cause it to disappear from Internet Accounts
Fixes an issue where AOL user passwords may be frequently requested in Mail

Update

Combo

View full article

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, millusions said:

would much prefer if it was Nvidia drivers :)

I guess we just have to draw a line under the possibility to see one day webdrivers for Mojave. Apple just released 10.14.4, the next one should be 10.14.5 then macOS 10.15 (only ~2 months before WWDC keynote) and certainly a last 10.14.6 - I do not see how this could change.  :(

Maybe Apple will change its policy with macOS 10.15 but I deeply doubt.  :(

just updated to (18E226) Sound though Desplay port working on my MSIVega56 AirBoost. installed Radion Vega56 Aircooling Fan fix kext to SLE. with kext wizard. cards now silent

i dont plan to push the card till a get a waterblock for this card

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 15.09.52.png

• Like 1

Smooth update to 10.14.4 on my legacy Dell XPS M1530, thanks to @dosdude's macOS Mojave Patcher ...

Spoiler

425004279_macOSMojave_10_14.4onXPSM1530.thumb.png.709e4a2a9a69b55634cb2858e47ad763.png

Ver 1.3.0 has post install patches to re-enable graphics acceleration for legacy graphics cards (including my Nvidia Tesla based GeForce 8600M GT) and a fix to enable previously unsupported BCM94321 WiFi cards :thumbsup_anim:.

Edit:  I noticed that I was getting CMOS resets on my legacy Ga-P55aUD3 desktop (system 2 in my sig) after updating to 10.14.4.  This was fixed by replacing the AppleRTC.kext in 10.14.4 with the vanilla kext from 10.14.3 (and rebuilding kextcache/pre-linked kernel).

Maybe one of the Clover developers can update Clover's automatic AppleRTC.kext patching to handle the newer version - attached are the vanilla kexts from 10.14.3 and 10.14.4 :angel_not:...

AppleRTC_10.14.3.kext.zip

AppleRTC_10.14.4.kext.zip

Edited by fusion71au
Change to AppleRTC.kext in 10.14.4
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, fusion71au said:

I noticed that I was getting CMOS resets on my legacy Ga-P55aUD3 desktop (system 2 in my sig) after updating to 10.14.4.  This was fixed by replacing the AppleRTC.kext in 10.14.4 with the vanilla kext from 10.14.3 (and rebuilding kextcache/pre-linked kernel).

Only CMOS reset? Was better #LoL, on my case is EFI Partition has corrupted with 10.14.4 for unknown reason; with or w/o EFICheckDisabler.kext. I then retried with 10.14.4 clean install (not UpdCombo) to a pure GPT Disk; rebuilding Clover + EFI stuffs there with only mandatory kexts (SMC & PS2Controller only); weird is once rebooted my ESP became unreadable again.

Ah, nevermind.. I've updated to 10.14.5 Beta and having no issue with ESP. Using RTCMemoryFixup get no CMOS reset. Could be, specific issue with my old UEFI 2.0 firmware, or my bad mach though.

#EDIT: Previously with 10.14.4, once CMOS reset occurred.. my EFI Boot Loader Entries created with `bcfg boot add` were cleansed upon booting either, cool.

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2019 at 6:07 AM, Allan said:

Hey @fusion71au, did you tried use the RTCMemoryFixup?

Yeah, I tried injecting RTCMemoryFixup.kext from /CLOVER/kexts/10.14 with boot arg rtcfx_exclude=10-FF as mentioned in this post by @lvs1974.  Unfortunately, doesn't seem to work for me, maybe because I'm not fully understanding how to use it :|.

Just hoping that one of the Clover developers is able to update the AppleRTC patch for 10.14.4 as this is a simpler solution for me...

Edit1

Adding the following code from @RodionS in Clover's config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch prevents my BIOS/CMOS from resetting when booting into 10.14.4...

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleRTC for 10.14.4</string>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.14.x</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>dTMPtw==</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AppleRTC</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>6zMPtw==</data>
			</dict>

Thanks to @Rodion for the code and @ctich for pointing me in the right direction to this post.

Edit2

Issue fixed in Clover r4911+, thanks to @Sherlocks :).

Edited by fusion71au
Issue fixed in Clover r4911+
  • Like 2