AMD 7750 (7770, 7xxxx) fixture for Mojave

kamyar1979

7 posts in this topic

I have bought a 2nd hand AMD Radeon 7750 to fix my Mojave installation problems. Although the Vendor/Device Id is in AMD7000Controller.Kext, I get a black screen and with some changes a yellow screen. I can not find any useful information to fix that. All information are for High Sierra and older macOS versions. Is there any fix to resolve that? What if I buy an RX 650 for example?

Edited by kamyar1979

Hi @kamyar1979 and welcome to insanelymac.com :)

Please update your signature with your hardware specs so we can help you easier.

There are several ways to resolve the black screen issue on AMD GPUs. The procedure is the same for High Sierra and Mojave.

1. Use RadeonDeInint=true injection in the config.plist under the Graphics Section. You might also need to set InjectATI=true as well, test with and without InjectATI=true and see if that helps.

2. Use the AGDP patch in the config.plist under the kernel and Kext patches:

• Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
  • Find: BA050000 00
  • Replace: BA000000 00
  • Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

3. Using WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext which should be placed inside the /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. If you are going to use these kext files you shouldn't use InjectAti=True and you should not Inject the Framebuffer in the config.plist.

4. Using a SSDT for your GPU.

The RX 560 (Which I assume is what you mean by saying RX 650) should work OOB because it has the native support in macOS 10.12.6 and newer.

There are several reports on people having issues activating their 7750/7770 GPUs in High Sierra and probably Mojave.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...