HP 840 G3 EliteBook ** WiFI and Bluetooth resolved** Monterey / Big Sur

Donw35

132 posts in this topic

@Jake Lo Mad props to ya sir, I was going to build a boot loader for my G3 (haven't had time to get to it) and saw your EFI, excellent job man. worked. I may do a little tweaking but I don't think I need to do much...

I am going to add this to the 1st post and give you the credit

Edited by Donw35
Jake Lo Rocks

@Donw35

Thanks. Actually it can be updated a bit. We no longer need VoodooI2C.kext to enable the internal drive, just add ctlnaAHCIPort.kext instead. Multitouch gesture can be added to the 840 G2 as well with the same 2 kexts (VoodooSMBus + VoodooRMI). You just need to add the device id to VoodooSMBus. For the 840 G2, it's 0x9ca28086

I had posted the edited files here

Edited by Jake Lo
  • Like 1

@Jake Lo

Good work, I updated OC to .6.1.0 and the latest Lilu.kexts and WhatEverGreen.kexts as well. I did some other changes in the config plist and remove the OPenCore boot picker to builtin so the Reset NVRAM is easy to get too.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jake Lo said:

Yep, same model.

Currently the laptop is configured with Rehabman's Hotpatch-Clover method. So if I ONLY use what's used now, would that be enough?

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 9:01 AM, Jake Lo said:

@Donw35

Thanks. Actually it can be updated a bit. We no longer need VoodooI2C.kext to enable the internal drive, just add ctlnaAHCIPort.kext instead. Multitouch gesture can be added to the 840 G2 as well with the same 2 kexts (VoodooSMBus + VoodooRMI). You just need to add the device id to VoodooSMBus. For the 840 G2, it's 0x9ca28086

I had posted the edited files here

Multitouch gesture on the 850 G3 works with: VoodooPS2Controller (by Acidanthera) + VoodooSMBus + VoodooRMI

For OpenCore disable the VoodooPS2Controller plugins: VoodooPS2Trackpad VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooInput (just the one in VoodooPS2Controller)

Put VoodooPS2Controller (and keyboard plugins) before VoodooSMBus and put VoodooSMBus before VoodooRMI

For OpenCore disable the VoodooRMI plugin: RMII2C 

Question: has anyone been able to get the little stick on the keyboard ("The {censored}") and the buttons directly under the keyboard (and thus above the trackpad) working?

Edit: for the censored word one can also read “gnome nose” ;-)

Edited by Benjamin Franklin
Censored?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, Benjamin Franklin said:

Multitouch gesture on the 850 G3 works with: VoodooPS2Controller (by Acidanthera) + VoodooSMBus + VoodooRMI

For OpenCore disable the VoodooPS2Controller plugins: VoodooPS2Trackpad VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooInput (just the one in VoodooPS2Controller)

Put VoodooPS2Controller (and keyboard plugins) before VoodooSMBus and put VoodooSMBus before VoodooRMI

For OpenCore disable the VoodooRMI plugin: RMII2C 

Question: has anyone been able to get the little stick on the keyboard ("The {censored}") and the buttons directly under the keyboard (and thus above the trackpad) working?

Edit: for the censored word one can also read “gnome nose” ;-)

Thank you, this works perfectly on EliteBook 840 G2 ! I successfully updated to the latest kexts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 12:13 AM, Donw35 said:

per quelli che stanno giocando, ecco la mia ultima cartella EFI, ricorda che avrai bisogno dei numeri di serie. fammi sapere la tua esperienza

HP_840_G3_OC65.zip 9,94 MB · 2 download

Pass ioreg please ?
Do you have dual boot with Win?
Do you boot from OC?

Edited by Baio77

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...