Clover v3

apianti

74 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, apianti said:

I wonder why the console mode switch is failing. I have changed the setting default so the user has to select changing the console mode.

I test 07/04/2018 CloverV3-experimental. I just saw that there is an update that I have not tested

So I try it and report :)

EDIT: CloverV3-experimental  version 5/7/2018 work fine without Clover.plist. It generates the log file.

BOOTX64.EFI.log

Edited by Matgen84

54 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I test 07/04/2018 CloverV3-experimental. I just saw that there is an update that I have not tested

So I try it and report :)

EDIT: CloverV3-experimental  version 5/7/2018 work fine without Clover.plist. It generates the log file.

BOOTX64.EFI.log

If you now use that Clover.plist but change the <false /> to <true /> does it fail again?

10 hours ago, apianti said:

If you now use that Clover.plist but change the <false /> to <true /> does it fail again?

Hi

I use clover.plist with console set to <true/>: all work fine. It generates the log file

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

I use clover.plist with console set to <true/>: all work fine. It generates the log file

Did it change the console mode? Can you give me that log too?

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Here is the log file

Wait, what? This has some weird stuff. Are you sure you have the file \EFI\Clover\Clover.plist?

Loading default configuration ... Success
Importing default configuration ... Success
Loading configuration: `\EFI\Clover\Clover.plist` ... Not Found

No console mode change, so /Boot/Console!=true or there is problem, but I looked and do not see a problem:

Console mode: 80 x 25
Log outputs: Console File
Log file path: `\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI.log`

Not sure why there is a memory leak this time but not any other times:

Memory pool records:
c:\development\clover\library\uefi\string.c(1108): Allocated pool memory of type BS_Data, 0x32 bytes at 0x00000000dc620440
  <5c 00 45 00 46 00 49 00 5c 00 43 00 6c 00 6f 00 76 00 65 00 72 00 5c 00 43 00 6c 00 6f 00 76 00>
  <\EFI\Clover\Clover.plist>
Allocated 1 memory pool records, 0x32 total bytes

And apparently my virtual machine detection does not even apply to all AMI firmware:

Firmware: American Megatrends 2.31
GDTR: 0x47 0x00 0x20 0xfa 0x7a 0xde
IDTR: 0xff 0x0f 0xa0 0x06 0x7b 0xde
Virtual machine: Yes

I should just check for the AMI string because it shouldn't be virtual machine, although I guess someone could set their virtual machine firmware name to that. But whatever, there is an override configuration key.

41 minutes ago, apianti said:

Wait, what? This has some weird stuff. Are you sure you have the file \EFI\Clover\Clover.plist? YES

Loading default configuration ... Success
Importing default configuration ... Success
Loading configuration: `\EFI\Clover\Clover.plist` ... Not Found

No console mode change, so /Boot/Console!=true or there is problem, but I looked and do not see a problem: Console = True in Clover.plist

Console mode: 80 x 25
Log outputs: Console File
Log file path: `\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI.log`

Not sure why there is a memory leak this time but not any other times: 

Memory pool records:
c:\development\clover\library\uefi\string.c(1108): Allocated pool memory of type BS_Data, 0x32 bytes at 0x00000000dc620440
  <5c 00 45 00 46 00 49 00 5c 00 43 00 6c 00 6f 00 76 00 65 00 72 00 5c 00 43 00 6c 00 6f 00 76 00>
  <\EFI\Clover\Clover.plist>
Allocated 1 memory pool records, 0x32 total bytes

And apparently my virtual machine detection does not even apply to all AMI firmware: I test on Asus p8z77-v pro Intel 7 series

Firmware: American Megatrends 2.31
GDTR: 0x47 0x00 0x20 0xfa 0x7a 0xde
IDTR: 0xff 0x0f 0xa0 0x06 0x7b 0xde
Virtual machine: Yes

I should just check for the AMI string because it shouldn't be virtual machine, although I guess someone could set their virtual machine firmware name to that. But whatever, there is an override configuration key.

I don't understand why there is c:\development lines in latest log files? 

Take a look, please, on clover.plist I use for the test

Clover.plist

Capture d’écran 2018-07-06 à 16.53.55.png

Edited by Matgen84

33 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I don't understand why there is c:\development lines in latest log files? 

Take a look, please, on clover.plist I use for the test

That is the build source where the memory leak occurred. Your Clover.plist for some reason has a bunch of garbage characters at the end, that happens if you try to copy from a code box on the site now... Edit Clover.plist with TextEdit.app then go to the end and backspace until the > character is deleted then retype > and save. You have the config in the right place?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, apianti said:

That is the build source where the memory leak occurred. Your Clover.plist for some reason has a bunch of garbage characters at the end, that happens if you try to copy from a code box on the site now... Edit Clover.plist with TextEdit.app then go to the end and backspace until the > character is deleted then retype > and save. You have the config in the right place?

Ok thanks for character :)

I have clover.plist in /EFI/CLOVER

EDIT: the two log files did not take into account the clover.plist if I'm not mistaken. Now with corrected clover.plist, I test console = false (log attached) Loading configuration: success. With console = true ----> black screen, log files generate is empty

BOOTX64.EFI.log

Edited by Matgen84

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Ok thanks for character :)

I have clover.plist in /EFI/CLOVER

Hmmmm... IDK. That doesn't make sense but I'm just going to release the X64 image for now, since there is no reason for the others for these purposes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, apianti said:

Hmmmm... IDK. That doesn't make sense but I'm just going to release the X64 image for now, since there is no reason for the others for these purposes.

OK :)

I've edit my previous post with latest information. Take a lot, please.

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

OK :)

I've edit my previous post with latest information. Take a lot, please.

32 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

EDIT: the two log files did not take into account the clover.plist if I'm not mistaken. Now with corrected clover.plist, I test console = false (log attached) Loading configuration: success. With console = true ----> black screen, log files generate is empty

Ok, so either my code has mistake I can't find when switching the console mode or your firmware just does not allow switching the console mode. I turned the feature off by default, plus the console is really only for debug, the releases won't have any console output.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, apianti said:

Ok, so either my code has mistake I can't find when switching the console mode or your firmware just does not allow switching the console mode. I turned the feature off by default, plus the console is really only for debug, the releases won't have any console output.

OK. Thanks a lot for your work on V3 :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/27/2018 at 10:07 AM, Sun River said:

and, is this the end?

Nah, I am just really busy and my health sucks. No one else seems to want to help... And I don't have any extra time currently, unsure when I will have some again. Sorry. I will get back to it when I can, or anyone else can also code.

• Sad 4

34 minutes ago, apianti said:

Nah, I am just really busy and my health sucks. No one else seems to want to help... And I don't have any extra time currently, unsure when I will have some again. Sorry. I will get back to it when I can, or anyone else can also code.

I am really sorry to you are still struggling with your health. Hope you can be well as soon as possible. GBY.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, apianti said:

Take care of yourself, this is the most important. I appreciate your efforts but my skills do not help you.

Have a nice day

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 1:27 PM, Tetonne said:

this this my test.

any new  release?

No, sorry, no new release. Just making a visit while I have some free time. Everything looks good except for:

CPU logical processors: 8
CPU physical processors: 32

Not sure which method is giving those numbers but they should be 4 and 2, respectively for your CPU.... Still don't have time to do anything, was just seeing what was going on cause I haven't been around for a while.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi @apianti how are you doing?

I hope everything is good and you are feeling better.

I'm just curious to know if there's gonna be a clover V3 now that the OpenCore is in development and as far as I know you are devoting time to its development and thanks for that :)

Best Regards 

• Like 2

I am unsure, I was doing well for a while but then I had some seizures over a few days before my birthday and I feel like my brain got fried, maybe you have noticed I keep mixing words up and having to fix them in edits later. Thanks for asking though. I'm currently trying to finish this semester finals which includes a project, and I have another class and three research papers to complete for publication over the summer, not to mention the worst schedule for fall I could imagine (two of my days are 8am to 10pm), so I guess I don't know really at all. I think I have had a meaningful contribution to this community, I don't know how much more I can contribute at this point. I think my time may be better spent on more generalized research because I comfortably think those guys are all capable of continuing to advance the work being done in this community. This is only a small subset of very specialized research. I'm also further limited in what I can do because I'm in the US, so I can't help to reverse anything and write code for what was reversed, I have to do one or the other because of the law. Which should explain my behavior of trying to get other people to help me when I talk about making changes to some parts. Also, I deliberately made some decisions that I knew would force others to do stuff... And probably made them upset with me in different ways... I will probably still be around for advise and stuff but at this point I think it might be time to pass the torch... IDK..

• Like 4

2 hours ago, apianti said:

I am unsure, I was doing well for a while but then I had some seizures over a few days before my birthday and I feel like my brain got fried, maybe you have noticed I keep mixing words up and having to fix them in edits later. Thanks for asking though. I'm currently trying to finish this semester finals which includes a project, and I have another class and three research papers to complete for publication over the summer, not to mention the worst schedule for fall I could imagine (two of my days are 8am to 10pm), so I guess I don't know really at all. I think I have had a meaningful contribution to this community, I don't know how much more I can contribute at this point. I think my time may be better spent on more generalized research because I comfortably think those guys are all capable of continuing to advance the work being done in this community. This is only a small subset of very specialized research. I'm also further limited in what I can do because I'm in the US, so I can't help to reverse anything and write code for what was reversed, I have to do one or the other because of the law. Which should explain my behavior of trying to get other people to help me when I talk about making changes to some parts. Also, I deliberately made some decisions that I knew would force others to do stuff... And probably made them upset with me in different ways... I will probably still be around for advise and stuff but at this point I think it might be time to pass the torch... IDK..

I'm so sorry to hear about the set back and I hope you get better and I hope to see you around as much as possible; and yes you gave so much to this community already and there is no doubt about it and I personally hope that you be able to give us more ;)

Cheers and all the best wishes, keep on rocking :guitar:

• Like 3