Nvidia IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 error

96 posts in this topic

If the Internal Graphics is set to enable you should have this feature as well. Just make sure that the Internal Graphics is set to enable not Auto.

Set the DMVT Pre-Allocated to 128M

DMVT Total Gfx Mem to 256

Use this folder instead.

However I was successfully booted into macOS Installer on my system using the same config I posted earlier.

180630174845.jpg

EFI.zip

Just now, Ajoy karmakar said:

Same attempting system restart....Mach reboot error....and I keep the internal graphic enable. :(

Did you use this attachment 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334713-nvidia-ioconsoleusers-gioscreenlockstate-3-hs-0-bs-0-now-0-sm-0x0-error/?do=findComment&comment=2623431

I attached another folder to the bottom of the post?!

Try this last one.

I need to test these folders on an actual system with the similar specs as you have. Until then I can't be sure what could be the cause.

In the mean while I suggest that you use the same folder that you have already used to install macOS High Sierra 10.13 in the first post and see if that still works.

config.plist.zip

you can also check this guide and see if the folders uploaded there can help you boot into macOS Installer.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322004-guide-sierra-high-sierra-on-gigabyte-ga h110m-s2-dsdt/?tab=comments#comment-2387063

If the last config also failed, for installer use this folder:

https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=282362

and let me know if you end up with the same error or not.

Just remember that you might need to remove the DSDT.aml from the /ACPI/Patched folder before using that folder.

I have use this config file and something changed..means the error is gone but now we have new error.

11 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Try this last one.

I need to test these folders on an actual system with the similar specs as you have. Until then I can't be sure what could be the cause.

In the mean while I suggest that you use the same folder that you have already used to install macOS High Sierra 10.13 in the first post and see if that still works.

config.plist.zip

you can also check this guide and see if the folders uploaded there can help you boot into macOS Installer.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322004-guide-sierra-high-sierra-on-gigabyte-ga h110m-s2-dsdt/?tab=comments#comment-2387063

_20180701_002712.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ajoy karmakar said:

Same error.

Well I guess that's it unless I can test on a similar system it's just going to be an endless loop.

Sorry man! you can change your bios settings to the way it was before and just disable the iGPU and test your previous working EFI folder and use the latest USB installer and try to boot into the installer only using your nVidia GPU.

Check the link that I posted to the topic I gave you and see if you can find a working solution to your problem.

Edited by Cyberdevs

Okay I understand the situation...If you able to test successfully with similar type of my machine...then please let me know and again thanks for everything. Bye take care. :)

I will definitely keep you posted if I came across something new.

All the folders work normally on my rig and I can't find out the issue because I have a SkyLake CPU and you have a KabyLake CPU.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

OH.....

I have a very good news that I have able to install 10.3 without any problem. I changed Initial display output - IGPU, and then the I have successfully boot into Mac OS. Now the situation is Mac OS currently used Intel graphics, so how can I used Nvidia graphics because in my 2nd hard disk I have install windows 10 and I played lots of game there.Now if the graphics card is disabled then can't play the games and one more question now If I get os update in App Store..can I install those update?..or it will crash everything?

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 1.18.01 AM.png

Edited by Ajoy karmakar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ajoy karmakar said:

OH.....

I have a very good news that I have able to install 10.3 without any problem. I changed Initial display output - IGPU, and then the I have successfully boot into Mac OS. Now the situation is Mac OS currently used Intel graphics, so how can I used Nvidia graphics because in my 2nd hard disk I have install windows 10 and I played lots of game there.Now if the graphics card is disabled then can't play the games.

Oh that's great news! Congrats! 

Which EFI folder did you finally use to boot into the installer and macOS itself?

for nVidia web drivers look here:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-06012018/

I think if you switch to PCIe it will result in the same situation unless you update your macOS to 10.13.5.

I believe if you update to macOS 10.13.5 and switched the GPU afterwards you'll probably have a better change to boot successfully into macOS.

5 minutes ago, Ajoy karmakar said:

So I will update the os from app store?

Yes you can either install the update from AppStore you or can download the update from Apple's web Site from the link bellow:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1965?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

But the combo update might need some updates be installed first if I recall correctly once I tried to instal the Combo Update on an early version of High Sierra and the updated wasn't successful you can try the AppStore first.

Edited by Cyberdevs

If I am update the os from appstore then it will crash the efi folder?..and then I have to boot from pendrive ?

I guess not, the only thing that you might need to change is the USB port limit patch to have access to all your USB 3.0 ports.

But before performing the update make sure you have all the latest kext available in the kext folder in your clover folder.

8 minutes ago, Ajoy karmakar said:

I have to manually check the kext and download the kext is the only way to update kext?

Yes for the kext you need to check them manually although there is a python script that can do that for you and downloads the kexts but it will download later download available and sometimes they are beta version.

I suggest you do it manually to be sure that you have the latest release version and a bug free version of the kext.

Edited by Cyberdevs