Nvidia IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 error

96 posts in this topic

About the nVidia issue did you install the web driver? and have you chosen the the nVidia web driver as the primary driver instead of the macOS built in drivers?

Go to system preferences and click the nVidia driver manager's logo and select the nVidia Web Driver as the default driver.

If that didn't work and upon reboot the OS X built in drivers are still set as primary you need to remove the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and add the AptioMemoryFix.efi driver to have the nvram support and repeat the process.

About the brightness that fix a is a bit trickier than it seems there is a brightness fix on the forum which you can search and try to see if it works on your rig.

hello there,

Now the sound manager is working beautifully. 

On 7/1/2018 at 5:19 PM, Cyberdevs said:

If that didn't work and upon reboot the OS X built in drivers are still set as primary you need to remove the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and add the AptioMemoryFix.efi driver to have the nvram support and repeat the process.

At this line, I have stuck I didn't found the AptioMemoryFix.efi driver to download and after download, I have to place this driver in driver folder under EFI folder and delete the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi driver?

Hi there,

Mount the EFI partition and then open the config.plist and then select Install Drivers and then click on AptioMemoryFix.efi remember to remove the OsxAptioFix2.Drv, you only need to have one of those drivers in the EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI. also remove the EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 11.29.01 AM.png

3 minutes ago, Ajoy karmakar said:

Yup already revert...now what should I do?

If the mainboard that you are using doesn't have the native NVRAM you need to install rc.scripts alone with other drivers while you install clover. I have had several issues that gave me lots of headaches to finally figure out that the RC.Scripts was the issue.

There are lots of guides on how to make the Nvidia web driver the default river for macOS. Google it and you'll find your answer.

My cpu has two hdmi ports one for intel graphics and another is Nvidia graphics hdmi port..this hackintosh only works when I set initial graphics intel and put the hdmi port to the intel hdmi port. Is there any way to enable initial graphics is Pcie and set the hdmi cable to nvidia port but mac os run in intel graphics that's mean mac os completely neglect nvidia graphics card and run on intel graphics?

Just now, Ajoy karmakar said:

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 8.58.36 AM.png

Open Apple's menu and select About This Mac and then select the System Report and the select the Graphics Section, is the nVidia GPU detected?

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 error showing.

SO if I understood correctly you set the primary display to Internal GPU and then installed macOS and now you can't switch the graphics settings to nVidia.

On my Skylake rig for this to work I had to disable the iGPU completely and the booted into macOS installer with nv_disable=1 and then after installing macOS I removed the nv_disable=1 and then installed Web Drivers and everything was working properly.

I never connected anything to the display outputs on the mainboard.

While installation time..without these process I can't go to next step. So I have to install from fresh?

You don't connect any displays to the iPGU while installing right?

is your installer 10.13.5 or it's still the same 10.13?

Yes 10.13

I suggest you download the 10.13.5 installer from the AppStore and create a new USB installer and then try installing it with nVidia being set as the the primary display in the bios, you can disable the iGPU completely and just use your nVidia GPU.

After the usb disk is created try the latest EFI folder I posted and then see if you can boot into macOS installer, remember to add the nv_disable-1 to the config.plist before booting into the Installer.