iMessage won‘t activate with Clover >4428

ApexDE

51 posts in this topic

Hmm. SMBIOS I suppose is already checked, right? Is everything alright with that? It's weird that it works at the beginning, but fails afterwards.

Are you logged in from multiple accounts? As in one account for Messages, another one for iCloud and so on so forth? If not..then I don't know...

For Haswell, you shouldn't need anything for NVRAM since you already have hardware NVRAM... This is weird. I suppose it works fine on the Desktop? Same Clover, same MacOS?

I have not tried on my desktop as of yet just wanted to get it working on my laptop first. I am only using one account for App Store, iCloud and messages, the same one I use on my phone.

Smbios is set to MacBook Pro 11,1, I have an invalid serial according to apple but it checks out on every Mac. I have smuuid set.

Should I try without AptioMemoryFix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I have not tried on my desktop as of yet just wanted to get it working on my laptop first. I am only using one account for App Store, iCloud and messages, the same one I use on my phone.

Smbios is set to MacBook Pro 11,1, I have an invalid serial according to apple but it checks out on every Mac. I have smuuid set.

Should I try without AptioMemoryFix?

I'm not sure... But I wouldn't. If I'm not mistaken, AptioMemoryFix is used for other things, too. You might get from bad to worse. :)))

Would you be able to upload your Clover folder for analysis? Don't forget to remove the serials from SMBIOS. 

Also, maybe try the Skylake build, as well. If it works with that one, you can start debugging the issue by comparing the differences between the two.

Edited by arsradu

7 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I will give the Skylake build in a moment. Here is laptop Clover folder.

CLOVER.zip

Alright. You've got a lot of patched SSDTs. But I'm sure that's pretty common with most of the laptops. :)) The problem with that is that they tend to interfere with whatever is set into config. And you have some patches there, as well. That's why I personally try to avoid using them as much as possible. I actually don't need any of that. All my patches are done from Clover config. But...you might not have this possibility.

So, if you know that you need them, ok. Also, I saw some disabled tables there. Not sure why... But probably you do.

You could try without LANinjection. See if that makes any difference.

Something else you could try, in case everything else fails,...is a clean config, with only minimum things to boot (and SMBIOS serials for iMessage, of course), and use it to boot from that. You can select it in Clover GUI (select Options -> Configs -> your new config). But I'm sure you already know that. :)

Also, just my own curiosity, but not sure why you keep most of your kexts in Clover/kexts/10.14 and only FakeSMC in Other.... Especially since you don't seem to have anything in any of the other 10.x folders. Just something I found interesting. Of course, I don't think that has anything to do with the issue here.

So, in a nutshell, what I would try:
1. no LANinjection
2. no patched SSDTs

3. clean config (make a backup of the current one beforehand), but, of course, with the necessary serials for iMesssage.

Oh, and always have a bootable USB drive nearby in case you need it.

Edited by arsradu

Using iMessageDebug should my rom be shown as ffffffffffff? <- Desktop (Skylake)

All other values stay identical between reboots. Including the test value i added to nvram.

Edited by SavageAUS

3 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Using iMessageDebug should my rom be shown as ffffffffffff? <- Desktop (Skylake)

All other values stay identical between reboots. Including the test value i added to nvram.

ROM should not be fffffffff. Is it correctly set in config (RTvariables)?

Edited by arsradu

10 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I’ve now done a fresh install and still no luck. Is this a good tutorial to follow?

https://youtu.be/Qp4rMzC4O-w

Yeah, should be fine. Too much cleaning though. :)) That never made any difference for me. But sure, you can try it. I mean, it's always good to have a clean system. But I'm just saying cleaning all those files never made a difference for me. The NVRAM did, and the serials.

Other than that, yeah, should be ok. Check that your serials stay the same after reboot. This is important.

Edited by arsradu

Yeah, should be fine. Too much cleaning though. :)) That never made any difference for me. But sure, you can try it. I mean, it's always good to have a clean system. But I'm just saying cleaning all those files never made a difference for me. The NVRAM did, and the serials.

Other than that, yeah, should be ok. Check that your serials stay the same after reboot. This is important.

According to iMessageDebug my serials etc stay the same over numerous reboots but iMessage fails to activate on both my hacks. I have working nvram on both machines but still cannot get iMessage to work no matter what I try. I’m at a loss.

• 2 weeks later...

well, anyone who could make some light in this issues. I have reseted from terminal all plist mess iCloud FaceTime downgraded clover.. and the same.

with old clover, some time ago all was ok. 

On 8/19/2018 at 11:15 PM, MICKHAEL said:

well, anyone who could make some light in this issues. I have reseted from terminal all plist mess iCloud FaceTime downgraded clover.. and the same.

with old clover, some time ago all was ok. 

Check your serials. And make sure they're consistent (they don't change) after reboots. After that (ONLY after), you can also try using a different Apple ID and see if you can log in with that one. Also, what error do you get when trying to login?

Edited by arsradu

29 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Check your serials. And make sure they're consistent (they don't change) after reboots. After that (ONLY after), you can also try using a different Apple ID and see if you can log in with that one. Also, what error do you get when trying to login?

hello

thanks for reply

serials are ok, (like i say, all was good post clover update, don't know exactly what version), need to check about - they don't change. i will make a screenshot with error.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, arsradu said:

hi. checked iMessageDebutg are reporting the same, just like SMBIOS (post update was tested and working just great)

atached screenshot with error- there was an error during activation. retry 

Captura de ecran din 2018.08.23 la 17.10.55.png

19 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

hi. checked iMessageDebutg are reporting the same, just like SMBIOS (post update was tested and working just great)

atached screenshot with error- there was an error during activation. retry 

Captura de ecran din 2018.08.23 la 17.10.55.png

Yeah, I have to say the error is quite clear. :))

I was afraid your account might have been banned. But it doesn't look like it's the case here (which is good). Can you activate iMessage on the iPhone? Can you log in with another Apple ID on the Mac? Can you try to log out of iCloud, remove the device from your Apple account and try again?

Also, are you using a direct Ethernet connection? Are you using a dedicated network card or default one?

I'm trying to see how would Clover affect this... And why just you. Cause mine works perfectly fine with the latest Clover. So...if it's a Clover issue, it's a pretty specific one.

Do you have this issue with all the OS-es or just this one (I assume this is in High Sierra, right)?

Also, could you post a screenshot of About This Mac -> System Report... -> Ethernet Cards?

Also, could you attach a console log?

Edited by arsradu

37 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Yeah, I have to say the error is quite clear. :))

I was afraid your account might have been banned. But it doesn't look like it's the case here (which is good). Can you activate iMessage on the iPhone? Can you log in with another Apple ID on the Mac? Can you try to log out of iCloud, remove the device from your Apple account and try again?

Also, are you using a direct Ethernet connection? Are you using a dedicated network card or default one?

I'm trying to see how would Clover affect this... And why just you. Cause mine works perfectly fine with the latest Clover. So...if it's a Clover issue, it's a pretty specific one.

Do you have this issue with all the OS-es or just this one (I assume this is in High Sierra, right)?

Also, could you post a screenshot of About This Mac -> System Report... -> Ethernet Cards?

Also, could you attach a console log?

:)
sorry, i don't loved iOS and using only android for phones
and don't have other ID
about removing device from apple account I think I could try
ethernet, first port (mainboard have 2 ports)
error with iservices (message and FaceTime) starting just after a clover update, not sure what version
just HighSierra at the moment (Sierra worked just ok)
attached log

thanks

log.rtf

18 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

:)
sorry, i don't loved iOS and using only android for phones
and don't have other ID
about removing device from apple account I think I could try
ethernet, first port (mainboard have 2 ports)
error with iservices (message and FaceTime) starting just after a clover update, not sure what version
just HighSierra at the moment (Sierra worked just ok)
attached log

thanks

log.rtf

Thank you!

I think the issue here might be the fact that the motherboard uses two Ethernet ports... And indeed, it could be a Clover issue. You could....potentially try an older version, like under 4428 and see if the issue still occurs. I'm still curious what your System Report says... Did you try plugging the internet cable into the other port? Just for testing purposes.

The log didn't tell me much... I was hoping for some error codes. But I guess either the log is incomplete, or...I'm not doing it right. :)))

Edited by arsradu

17 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Thank you!

I think the issue here might be the fact that the motherboard uses two Ethernet ports... And indeed, it could be a Clover issue. You could....potentially try an older version, like under 4428 and see if the issue still occurs. I'm still curious what your System Report says... Did you try plugging the internet cable into the other port? Just for testing purposes.

The log didn't tell me much... I was hoping for some error codes. But I guess either the log is incomplete, or...I'm not doing it right. :)))

but, same dual port mainboard was working ) here its the question - not changed anything in clover and EFI just updated and voila) sure, I could try second port. but first lets check older clover.

• Like 1

but, same dual port mainboard was working ) here its the question - not changed anything in clover and EFI just updated and voila) sure, I could try second port. but first lets check older clover.

Yep. Makes sense.

I remembered now there’s another thing you could try.

In Clover Configurator, there’s an option for InjectLAN or something like that. I’m on my phone right now so I can’t really check that. I think it’s under the Boot section. You could try with that enabled or disabled. See if it makes any difference.

8 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

yes) 
i tried but with 4428 and up.. now lets try with 4411

ty

Captura de ecran din 2018.08.23 la 19.47.08.png

The main thing you ned to verify first is that you have working NVRAM and an active Apple iCloud account.

11 minutes ago, Pavo said:

The main thing you ned to verify first is that you have working NVRAM and an active Apple iCloud account.

well hello. if you read a few post up, after clover update don't know exactly what version no more messages and FaceTime. iCloud are ok and with the NVRAM I think sorry are the same (but I will test just in case)

thanks

I just checked with and without LANInjection, same error

1 hour ago, MICKHAEL said:

well hello. if you read a few post up, after clover update don't know exactly what version no more messages and FaceTime. iCloud are ok and with the NVRAM I think sorry are the same (but I will test just in case)

thanks

I just checked with and without LANInjection, same error

Did you happen to also try the other port? :) I know, I know. You did say it's not that. But...it wouldn't hurt to try, just to see if it makes any difference. Aaand I'm still waiting for that System Report. :))

Now, in theory, if it was a Clover issue (which I'm not saying it's not, but the results are conflicting), downgrading to an older version should have fixed the issue. But, if I got your message correctly, it didn't.

Do you remember which Clover version did you have before, that also happened to work?

Edited by arsradu

Yes, I will try, sure, just to be sure. I have a EFI backup from old Sierra working system, I think I must try to be 100% sure. Let me know exactly what system report I must provide
Thanks

Did you happen to also try the other port?  I know, I know. You did say it's not that. But...it wouldn't hurt to try, just to see if it makes any difference. Aaand I'm still waiting for that System Report. :))

Now, in theory, if it was a Clover issue (which I'm not saying it's not, but the results are conflicting), downgrading to an older version should have fixed the issue. But, if I got your message correctly, it didn't.
Do you remember which Clover version did you have before, that also happened to work?

7 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

Yes, I will try, sure, just to be sure. I have a EFI backup from old Sierra working system, I think I must try to be 100% sure. Let me know exactly what system report I must provide
Thanks

This one.

Screenshot 2018-08-23 at 21.46.04.png