iMac Pro X99 - live the future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Successful Guide]

KGP-iMacPro

107 posts in this topic

Hi KGP,

a quick question: I'm on 10.14.2 at the moment with your EFI 10.14.2 folder and the truncated 15-port XHC USB kext (I also use a Asus x99-A II). See Screenshot. I'm using the newest Lilu and WhateverGreen.kext, as well as my own Vega56 ssdt setup (what works awesome).

22425215_Bildschirmfoto2019-02-09um11_11_23.png.c7f6bb0e41d2e5efd1ecfaeb807fa137.png

When I download your EFI folder, it is missing the XHCI 15port kext in your folder as well as tscadjustreset and whatevergreen. I guess because it is the basic EFI Folder for the first usb installer boot procedure etc.?

Question for my update routine to 10.14.3:

Should I first update to 10.14.3,

or first update clover, edit my config to replace the performance_patch, reboot and after that update to 10.14.3?

In addition: I used your CPU Type solution provided on page 3 to replace the cpu information in the system environment stating "3.3 GHz unknown" but it does not solve the issue:

465552477_Bildschirmfoto2019-02-09um11_23_55.thumb.png.4c36bd63da75dc0866225d8bfc553c6d.png

Edited by Multisaft

9 minutes ago, Multisaft said:

Hi KGP,

a quick question: I'm on 10.14.2 at the moment with your EFI 10.14.2 folder and the truncated 15-port XHC USB kext (I also use a Asus x99-A II). See Screenshot. I'm using the newest Lilu and WhateverGreen.kext, as well as my own Vega56 ssdt setup (what works awesome).

22425215_Bildschirmfoto2019-02-09um11_11_23.png.c7f6bb0e41d2e5efd1ecfaeb807fa137.png

When I download your EFI folder, it is missing the XHCI 15port kext in your folder as well as tscadjustreset and whatevergreen. I guess because it is the basic EFI Folder for the first usb installer boot procedure etc.?

Question for my update routine to 10.14.3:

Should I first update to 10.14.3,

or first update clover, edit my config to replace the performance_patch, reboot and after that update to 10.14.3?

In addition: I used your CPU Type solution provided on page 3 to replace the cpu information in the system environment stating "3.3 GHz unknown" but it does not solve the issue:

465552477_Bildschirmfoto2019-02-09um11_23_55.thumb.png.4c36bd63da75dc0866225d8bfc553c6d.png

Yes it is just a basic EFI-folder for maximim compability and flexibility. The rest needs to be implemented following my guidelines. If you use the truncated 15-port kext you just need to update Clover and the kext and kernel patches in the config.plist. You can also directly use my 10.14.3 EFI-Folder and add what is missing from your current 10.13.6 EFI-Folder or what still needs to be implemented by following my guidelines. 

On X299, as Skylake-X is implemented natively, the resultung EFI-Folder is fully vanilla and works with all macOS versions, always provided that one uses the 15-port kext and one therefore does not need  respective USB port limit patches, which are still macOS dependent. 

12 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Yes it is just a basic EFI-folder for maximim compability and flexibility. The rest needs to be implemented following my guidelines. If you use the truncated 15-port kext you just need to update Clover and the kext and kernel patches in the config.plist. You can also directly use my 10.14.3 EFI-Folder and add what is missing from your current 10.13.6 EFI-Folder or what still needs to be implemented by following my guidelines. 

On X299, as Skylake-X is implemented natively, the resultung EFI-Folder is fully vanilla and works with all macOS versions, always provided that one uses the 15-port kext and one therefore does not need  respective USB port limit patches, which are still macOS dependent

Ok,

so I need to find out what files I need to update in my EFI Folder to replace the old clover with the new version, can you give me a hint? I don't want to replace mine with your 10.14.3 because I like it more to go through each step on my own so not to miss anything. Must I use the clover installer to update the respective efi partition, or is it just for example some files in the clover path?

After Clover update, I will just update my Lilu ones more and add the respective performance patch. thanks!

19 minutes ago, Multisaft said:

Ok,

so I need to find out what files I need to update in my EFI Folder to replace the old clover with the new version, can you give me a hint? I don't want to replace mine with your 10.14.3 because I like it more to go through each step on my own so not to miss anything. Must I use the clover installer to update the respective efi partition, or is it just for example some files in the clover path?

After Clover update, I will just update my Lilu ones more and add the respective performance patch. thanks!

Just replace EFI/BOOT/BootX64.efi, /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi and /EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI in your EFI-Folder with does files and directories implemented in my default 10.14.3 EFi-Folder distribution. By this you will implement Clover_v2.4k_r4870. 

Alternatively you can simply automatically update the receptive files and directories by simply running the Clover_v2.4k_r4870 installer, although also carefully select in the Clover installation process only does efi-drivers, which are actually also implemented under /EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI/ in my original 10.14.3 EFi-Folder distribution. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

First up: Thanks for building this X99 Guide. My System(Mojave) was running like charm with everything working from the beginning! (Rampage 5 extreme; 6850k, Vega 64). I just received my Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT Card that should be fully functional OOB. I installed the card, booted the system Up and experiencing PCI Configuration end + a prohibited sign and when i use USB injectall + disabling the 4g encoding it proceeds till USB sound assertion and gets stuck there + prohibited sign. . The BIOS settings are the same as you pointed in the guide.

Things I tried :

• Removed the card which lets me boot normally. Once booted i plug in the fenvi card while the system is running and I can see the adapter getting recognized. The system is not booting only when the adapter is installed during the boot phase.
  • Tried Enabling/Disabling FixAirport, FixLan which doesn't seem to help.
  • Switched different PCI lanes and doesn't seem to help.

CLOVER.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi KGP,

Thanks for your encyclopedic effort with this and other guides. 

I've run into a roadblock modifying the BIOS file for my Asus x99 Deluxe. The microcode update appeared to go smoothly, inasmuch, as my outputs match your screenshots. However, when I tried to run UEFIPatch, I get the following error message:

Unsupported 16-bit Application

The program or feature "[...] UEFIPatch.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit  Windows compatible version is available.

FYI, I tried loading the BIOS file created by MMTool directly from a USB flash drive with the computer off but the update didn't go through. The LED just flashed four times and then stayed solid. I also tried via the UEFI at startup but got an error message.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks for your help.

Max

28 minutes ago, maxneko said:

Hi KGP,

Thanks for your encyclopedic effort with this and other guides. 

I've run into a roadblock modifying the BIOS file for my Asus x99 Deluxe. The microcode update appeared to go smoothly, inasmuch, as my outputs match your screenshots. However, when I tried to run UEFIPatch, I get the following error message:

Unsupported 16-bit Application

The program or feature "[...] UEFIPatch.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit  Windows compatible version is available.

FYI, I tried loading the BIOS file created by MMTool directly from a USB flash drive with the computer off but the update didn't go through. The LED just flashed four times and then stayed solid. I also tried via the UEFI at startup but got an error message.

Thanks for your help.

Max

UEFIpatch is meant to be executed within a terminal under macOS! 

1 hour ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

UEFIpatch is meant to be executed within a terminal under macOS! 

Ouch! Sorry...

So I went back to the X99D.CAP file generated in the UBU folder and ran it through UEFIPatch on my MBP. I got the text you mention in the guide that is harmless. The difference was that, in my case, it ended with "Function called with invalid parameter". No patched .CAP file was generated.

32 minutes ago, maxneko said:

Ouch! Sorry...

So I went back to the X99D.CAP file generated in the UBU folder and ran it through UEFIPatch on my MBP. I got the text you mention in the guide that is harmless. The difference was that, in my case, it ended with "Function called with invalid parameter". No patched .CAP file was generated.

Well I don’t know what exactly you did now and why you got the error in consequence. 

What was exactly your command line? 

35 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Well I don’t know what exactly you did now and why you got the error in consequence. 

What was exactly your command line? 

Last login: Fri Mar  8 16:08:46 on console

MacBook-Pro:~ maxneko$ cd /Users/maxneko/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx 

MacBook-Pro:UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx maxneko$ /Users/maxneko/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/UEFIPatch /Users/maxneko/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/X99D.CAP 

parseImageFile: Aptio capsule signature may become invalid after image modifications

parseSection: section with unknown type 52h

parseFile: non-empty pad-file contents will be destroyed after volume modifications

parseFile: non-empty pad-file contents will be destroyed after volume modifications

Function called with invalid parameter

MacBook-Pro:UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx maxneko$

33 minutes ago, maxneko said:

Last login: Fri Mar  8 16:08:46 on console

MacBook-Pro:~ maxneko$ cd /Users/maxneko/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx 

MacBook-Pro:UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx maxneko$ /Users/maxneko/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/UEFIPatch /Users/maxneko/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/X99D.CAP 

parseImageFile: Aptio capsule signature may become invalid after image modifications

Function called with invalid parameter

MacBook-Pro:UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx maxneko$

Well in principle the terminal commands are in fact as easy as: 

cd ~/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/

and

./UEFIPatch X99D.CAP

If this does not work, try to patch the original ASUS BIOS firmware directly after download and subsequently modify CPU microcode under Windows. This should really work. There is not other solution.

Note that the directory ~/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/ must contain "UEFIPatch", "patches.txt" and the "BIOS firmware to be patched"!   

Good luck,

KGP 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

2 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Well in principle the terminal commands are in fact as easy as: 

cd ~/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/

and

./UEFIPatch X99D.CAP

If this does not work, try to patch the original ASUS BIOS after download and subsequently  modify CPU microcode under Windows. This should really work. There is not other solution.

Good luck,

KGP 

Thanks, KGP. I actually tried the short version after changing directories and I got "-bash: UEFIPatch: command not found". I assumed that I needed to edit my bash file.

I located another version of UEFIPatch here: <<https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool/releases/download/0.26.0/UEFIPatch_0.26.0_mac.zip>> and ran the command successfully, inasmuch as a new .CAP file was created. Unfortunately, the flashback failed. I'll now try your suggestion above.

Thanks again,

Max

34 minutes ago, maxneko said:

Thanks, KGP. I actually tried the short version after changing directories and I got "-bash: UEFIPatch: command not found". I assumed that I needed to edit my bash file.

I located another version of UEFIPatch here: <<https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool/releases/download/0.26.0/UEFIPatch_0.26.0_mac.zip>> and ran the command successfully, inasmuch as a new .CAP file was created. Unfortunately, the flashback failed. I'll now try your suggestion above.

Thanks again,

Max

The command is also not 

UEFIPatch

but 

./UEFIPatch 

If a new cap file was created, the patch was sucessful. 

Hower, for EZ-Flashback, the new cap file must again be renaimed to x99D.CAP! 

Also verify that your USB flash drive is really plugged to the EZ Flashback USB connector! 

Good luck,

KGP

On 3/8/2019 at 5:35 PM, KGP-iMacPro said:

The command is also not 

UEFIPatch

but 

./UEFIPatch 

If a new cap file was created, the patch was sucessful. 

Hower, for EZ-Flashback, the new cap file must again be renaimed to x99D.CAP! 

Also verify that your USB flash drive is really plugged to the EZ Flashback USB connector! 

Good luck,

KGP

Thanks, KGP, I appreciate you really spelling things out. I've made progress but am not quite there yet.

• updated the microcodes in the Asus stock BIOS in Windows, using mmtool.
  • unlocked the msr register using UEFIPatch (no error messages and patched BIOS file created)
  • as suggested, I ran UEFIPatch first and then updated the microcodes in Windows
  • am using a PNY USB 2.0 8GB flash drive, formatted FAT32, with the patched BIOS renamed to X99D.CAP in the correct port (the one with the green rectangle around it
  • I turned on the power and held down the flashback button until the first blink of the blue LED (about two seconds). I released it whereupon it blinked three more times and then turned solid. It stayed solid indefinitely.
  • I tried the above using an unpatched Asus BIOS file with the same result (encouraging, in a way).
  • I successfully reflashed the Asus BIOS from within the UEFI using the same unpatched Asus file.
  • I tried reflashing with the patched BIOS from within the UEFI. I got an error along the lines of "This is not a proper BIOS." (I believe this expected?)

My guess is that I either have a hardware issue with my motherboard or else that there is something blindingly obvious (except to me) that I'm doing wrong with the USB flashback. Does it matter what devices are connected to the motherboard? Could the CMOS backup battery come into play? Is there a command that resets the board to its out of the box state?

16 minutes ago, maxneko said:

Thanks, KGP, I appreciate you really spelling things out. I've made progress but am not quite there yet.

• updated the microcodes in the Asus stock BIOS in Windows, using mmtool.
  • unlocked the msr register using UEFIPatch (no error messages and patched BIOS file created)
  • as suggested, I ran UEFIPatch first and then updated the microcodes in Windows
  • am using a PNY USB 2.0 8GB flash drive, formatted FAT32, with the patched BIOS renamed to X99D.CAP in the correct port (the one with the green rectangle around it
  • I turned on the power and held down the flashback button until the first blink of the blue LED (about two seconds). I released it whereupon it blinked three more times and then turned solid. It stayed solid indefinitely.
  • I tried the above using an unpatched Asus BIOS file with the same result (encouraging, in a way).
  • I successfully reflashed the Asus BIOS from within the UEFI using the same unpatched Asus file.
  • I tried reflashing with the patched BIOS from within the UEFI. I got an error along the lines of "This is not a proper BIOS." (I believe this expected?)

My guess is that I either have a hardware issue with my motherboard or else that there is something blindingly obvious (except to me) that I'm doing wrong with the USB flashback. Does it matter what devices are connected to the motherboard? Could the CMOS backup battery come into play? Is there a command that resets the board to its out of the box state?

Yes something goes definitely wrong with EZ Flashback at your side (it is definitely not a faulty motherboard though)

1.) NEVER BUT NEVER flash a patched BIOS firmware from within the BIOS! Flash any patched firmware with EZ Flashback only! 

2.) Always consider the correct ASUS EZ flashback filename convention for your respective motherboard. For the X99 Deluxe any firmware to be flashed (if original or patched) must be named X99D.CAP to make the EZ Flashback work at all. 

3.) For EZ Flashback, the USB Flash drive with the X99D.CAP file must be connected to the EZ Flashback USB port on your motherboard (there is just one port on each ASUS motherboard clearly denoted such)!  

4.) Although in my case the EZ Flashback also works with a 32GB USB3.0 Flash drive formatted with FAT32, you could also try USB2.0 or USB3.0 USB flash drives <8GB formatted with FAT32.

Considering 1.) to 4.)  MUST solve your issue. 

Good luck,

KGP  

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

On 3/8/2019 at 6:46 PM, maxneko said:

Thanks for your help.

Max

Hi Max

This is a well known behaviour with some Bios release (asus X99 deluxe I and II and also with asus x99 rampage V and 10)

If you are sure that your bios is good (original from Asus surely is) and also your USB is working well (formatted as required from asus EZ flash specs)

try this

clear motherboard cmos with button you have on motherboard

this will put in default condition your BIOS USB settings

then try again to flash with EZ flash procedure.

You should be able now to complete your task...

let me know

On 3/10/2019 at 2:12 PM, fabiosun said:

Hi Max

This is a well known behaviour with some Bios release (asus X99 deluxe I and II and also with asus x99 rampage V and 10)

If you are sure that your bios is good (original from Asus surely is) and also your USB is working well (formatted as required from asus EZ flash specs)

try this

clear motherboard cmos with button you have on motherboard

this will put in default condition your BIOS USB settings

then try again to flash with EZ flash procedure.

You should be able now to complete your task...

let me know

Thanks, @fabiosun. I've been trying for the last day or two, off and on but still without success. 

• With the power supply switch on but the computer not yet turned on, I pressed the red button that clears CMOS. The computer would wake up and start trying to boot. I then turned the power off and back on. I then tried the flashback but no different result. I would hold down the flashback for about two seconds until the LED started to blink. The LED would blink a total of three times and on the fourth remain lit for however long the power supply was left on. When I'd restart the computer, my CMOS settings had been cleared but the BIOS was the same.
  • The latest BIOS, 3902, is designated as a beta, although it's been out for nearly a year. I downgraded to 3802 via the UEFI and then tried to upgrade to 3902 via USB flashback. That, too, didn't work.
  • I tried patching 3802 but no better luck when it came to the USB flashback.
  • I haven't yet tried removing the CMOS battery, although I'm not quite sure why it would make a difference.
  • I tried disconnecting everything connected to the motherboard except the CPU. Still no luck.

This has been object lesson to me in leaving well-enough alone. A few months ago, I had a fully functioning Hackintosh in High Sierra. But I had always been annoyed by my failure to get both GPU's working. For some reason, my Hackintosh was only happy when it had a Thunderbolt card that I never used in the fifth slot. I decided to ditch the adapter and go with just the two GPU's and RAID controller. As I was taking things apart, it occurred to me not to get greedy. I then couldn't get it to reboot in High Sierra and finally decided to take the opportunity to update to Mojave. Since then, I've had to do my photo editing in Windows which isn't impossible but generally sucks. I have 10GB of data on an HFS-formatted RAID that Windows can read thanks to software from Paragon. I'm concerned that this isn't a resilient setup, particularly because while I have the usual arsenal of Mac troubleshooting software, I have nothing equivalent in Windows and wouldn't know how to use it if I did.

While it's more elegant to proceed with a patched BIOS, I assume that it's not a dealbreaker. Is it time to move on?

20 minutes ago, maxneko said:

Thanks, @fabiosun. I've been trying for the last day or two, off and on but still without success. 

• With the power supply switch on but the computer not yet turned on, I pressed the red button that clears CMOS. The computer would wake up and start trying to boot. I then turned the power off and back on. I then tried the flashback but no different result. I would hold down the flashback for about two seconds until the LED started to blink. The LED would blink a total of three times and on the fourth remain lit for however long the power supply was left on. When I'd restart the computer, my CMOS settings had been cleared but the BIOS was the same.
  • The latest BIOS, 3902, is designated as a beta, although it's been out for nearly a year. I downgraded to 3802 via the UEFI and then tried to upgrade to 3902 via USB flashback. That, too, didn't work.
  • I tried patching 3802 but no better luck when it came to the USB flashback.
  • I haven't yet tried removing the CMOS battery, although I'm not quite sure why it would make a difference.
  • I tried disconnecting everything connected to the motherboard except the CPU. Still no luck.

This has been object lesson to me in leaving well-enough alone. A few months ago, I had a fully functioning Hackintosh in High Sierra. But I had always been annoyed by my failure to get both GPU's working. For some reason, my Hackintosh was only happy when it had a Thunderbolt card that I never used in the fifth slot. I decided to ditch the adapter and go with just the two GPU's and RAID controller. As I was taking things apart, it occurred to me not to get greedy. I then couldn't get it to reboot in High Sierra and finally decided to take the opportunity to update to Mojave. Since then, I've had to do my photo editing in Windows which isn't impossible but generally sucks. I have 10GB of data on an HFS-formatted RAID that Windows can read thanks to software from Paragon. I'm concerned that this isn't a resilient setup, particularly because while I have the usual arsenal of Mac troubleshooting software, I have nothing equivalent in Windows and wouldn't know how to use it if I did.

While it's more elegant to proceed with a patched BIOS, I assume that it's not a dealbreaker. Is it time to move on?

Did you consider what I outlined in post 

I am convinced that your problem is the USB stick. Also note that X99D.CAP cannot be in any subdirectory on the stick. Which USB stick are you using? Is it formatted with FAT32? To which USB port do you connect the USB stick?   

The blinking you describe is typical when EZ Flashback does not find any X99D.CAP to be flashed. BTW.. Are your sure that you have a X99 Deluxe and not a X99 Deluxe II?  

Edited by KGP-iMacPro
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 1:59 PM, KGP-iMacPro said:

4.) Although in my case the EZ Flashback also works with a 32GB USB3.0 Flash drive formatted with FAT32, you could also try USB2.0 or USB3.0 USB flash drives <8GB formatted with FAT32.

Yes!!! I just tried with a 16GB USB3 flash drive and it worked! (I tried with the 32GB version of the same flash drive, but didn't have any luck yesterday.) My PNY 8GB USB2 flash drive is quite old. I wonder whether there are firmware updates for it.

Thanks so much.

EDIT (Update): I checked the three USB flash drives that I had been using. While they were all formatted with FAT32, two of them had GUID Partition Maps. I must have formatted them on my MBP without first selecting Show All Devices. Had I done so, I would have seen the partition map option which otherwise doesn't appear. Even though these devices were accessible through the UEFI, this might explain why the USB flashback wasn't working. This was an expensive lesson from a time standpoint. I built my Hackintosh back in late 2014 because Apple wasn't making the computer that I wanted. I need to remind myself of this because if I place any value on the time I've put in over the years, this turns out to be vastly more expensive than the trashcan Mac Pro of 2014. At the end of the day, you have to enjoy the process.

Edited by maxneko
Update
  • Like 1

I was able to install Mojave, however, the boot hangs at:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I've been trying to install Mojave for months (various guides) and this is the error that always defeats me. I've come across posts suggesting that it's related to my GPU. Do I need a framebuffer patch? I'm using dual ASUS Radeon R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 GPU's. I believe that this is the same card as the AMD HD7970 which has been natively supported until now. Before I try this, I'm wondering whether @KGP-iMacPro or anyone else sees something that is fixable in my config.plist or choice of drivers and kexts.

Thanks for your help.

Max

config.plist

CLOVER.zip

IMG_5473.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Guide update to 10.14.4 (18E226) completed

X99-10_14.4.thumb.png.e8f58c9df3b1c7da3d6cd2cdb2393bc4.png

129079807_Screenshot2019-03-26at00_31_14.thumb.png.17539506d5784e729b5725af0ba03cf0.png

New 10.14.4 EFI-Folder distribution EFI-X99-10.14.4-Release-iMacPro1,1-250319.zip in the X99 EFI-Folder Github repository. Clover_v2.4k_r4903 and new 10.14.4 USB port limit patch implementation. Updated FakeSMC and HWSensor distribution. Implementation of latest Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext distributions. One should also add latest Whatevergreen.kext distribution.

Still no native vanilla Radeon VII macOS implementation (still no default Radeon VII device-ID 0x66AF1002 in the vanilla AMDRadeonX5000.kext).

Also note new Xcode 10.2 and Xcode 10.2 Command Line distributions. 

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png.6c52bb0ab65586ffe2c2ca3591273fdc.png

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

MacOS 10.14.4 (18E2034) - special build 

This afternoon @DSM2  advised me that yesterday Apple seems to have added a second special build of MacOS 10.14.4 (18E2034) on swcdn.apple.com, likely for new devices.

819183963_Screenshot2019-03-26at23_53_16.png.9c4eea00b53d63e0142f750e3921b2de.png

376835768_Screenshot2019-03-26at23_54_11.png.c001b918a96d217e083ef1758b3f025b.png

1813992324_Screenshot2019-03-26at23_19_50.thumb.png.a7742a3fd8f76a859bf5e60d21b25d2b.png

And here is the script for the respective Install MacOS.app creation: createInstaller-10.14.4-SB.sh.zip.

EFI-X99-10.14.4-Release-iMacPro1,1-250319.zip is also fully valid in this case. 

No native vanilla implementation of the Radeon VII also with this macOS build yet. 

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png.cf91b2097c0c9ee8d72dbc7f53ae03e2.png

• Like 1

Native Radeon VII support with MacOS 10.14.5 public beta 1

See respective IM thread.

Unfortunately I am not able to confirm this by myself as I cannot implement the air flow Radeon VII in my water blocked X299 system and my X99 system with the air flow Radeon VII does not boot with 10.14.5 beta 1 as the XCPM_pkg_scope kernel patch (not required for X299) seems broken with 10.14.5 beta 1. I was not able to reach @PMheart for the necessary XCPM_core_scope kernel patch update and in 4 hours I have to leave to the airport and will not have any access to my computers for 6 days.

Thus, all X299 guys, enjoy Radeon VII with 10.14.5 beta 1. All necessary kext and kernel patches implemented in EFI-X299-10.14.4-Release-iMacPro1,1-250319.zip are working. I already updated to 10.14.5 beta 1 on X299 and everything is fine and working. 

All X99 guys should wait with the update to 10.14.5 beta 1 until an updated XCPM_pkg_scope kernel patch is available. All other kext and kernel patches implemented in EFI-X99-10.14.4-Release-iMacPro1,1-250319.zip should continue working also under 10.14.5 beta 1.

There are Radeon VII SSDTs in the X99 (Slot-1, ASUS X99-A II) and X299 (Slot-1, ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe; Slot-5 ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G) SSDT Github directories, which yet need to be verified and hopefully will also work with the native Radeon VII implementation after a likely necessary ACPI path and ACPI replacement adaptation depending on your motherboard and Radeon VII PCIe slot population.  

Also it is recommended to use the latest versions of Lilu.kext (1.3.5), AppleALC.kext (1.3.6) and Whatevergreen.kext (1.2.7). 

Good luck and see you in one week from now.

KGP

• Like 1