Here are the list of the news.

• Dark Mode
  • Desktop and Finder
  • New native apps: News, Stocks, Voice Memos and Home
  • All-New Mac App Store
  • Group FaceTime
  • Privacy and Security

Availability
The developer preview of macOS Mojave is available to Apple Developer Program members at developer.apple.com starting today, and a public beta program will be available to Mac users in late June at beta.apple.com. macOS Mojave will be available this fall as a free software update for Macs introduced in mid-2012 or later, plus 2010 and 2012 Mac Pro models with recommended Metal-capable graphics cards. Some features may not be available in all regions or languages.

Source: Apple

View full article

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Also we have more "behind the scene" features.

In High Sierra, you only had benefit to use APFS on SSDs, now in the macOS Mojave, you'll be able to use it in Fusion Drives and HDDs.

List-of-stuff-in-Mojave-cropped.jpg

And others news for Sleep lovers, is the Faster wake from sleep. Look to the pic above again...

All depends with your Power Management of course. :P

• Like 2

Fresh installed here but still prefer the Day mode over the dark one :rolleyes:

All working except native audio hoping for new patches, external USB audio is doing its job just fine right now.

USB 3 ports seems to work well but still testing.

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 5.54.32 AM.png

• Like 3

There are already owners of old Macs who are angry on this change. Perhaps, if hackintoshing tools will make Mojave work on non-metal GPUs, they shall become useful to running it on those old Macs as well. I wonder if safe mode will boot on OpenGL or something. Anxious for the public beta.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:29 AM, Vyzantion said:

Non-Metal GPUs might support this if an OpenGL boot mode (like -x or npci=0x3000) will be available or an emulation in Clover will be made available (perhaps with a new kext).

Why we should do something like this. It did not work until now??? The most important thing it is to know if Apple has introduced a new version of Metal (it should be Metal 3) and if this new version is a separate API from Metal. If not, like I said bellow, as soon Apple provides a kext supporting such device(s) (or someone creates a new kext), all Non-Metal GPU's that work fine on High Sierra should work fine on Mojave.

Now all what we have for now it is an Alpha Early Access of 10.14 (what a shame!!!). Some people will say that's normal, it is just a first beta but I want to say that everything is normal except this. Providing a Half-builded release of a new macOS major version is just outrageous. 

12 hours ago, Allan said:

HD 3000 doesn't support Metal.

Metal (I'm not talking about iOS version) has been available since 2015 on Macs (2012 models or later) running OS X El Capitan. HD 3000 runs well on it.

Not because HD3000 does not support Metal that is meaning that you can not have QE/CI enabled, right?

As soon as Apple available  a kext supporting such device (or someone creates a new kext), we're all good.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 6:59 PM, Vyzantion said:

There are already owners of old Macs who are angry on this change. Perhaps, if hackintoshing tools will make Mojave work on non-metal GPUs, they shall become useful to running it on those old Macs as well. I wonder if safe mode will boot on OpenGL or something. Anxious for the public beta.

And could we know what really is making them angry? Dark mode??? :hysterical:

The safe boot (-x) does not load graphics kexts. In addition with disabling Inject ATI/Nvidia, it should be good.  :P

I was able to start my Mojave USB Installer on my HD6770 and it booted just fine. But as I did not have an empty partition, I didn't continue my installation to confirm what I'm just trying to say.  :)

• Like 1

I have High Sierra running on an Asus board with Intel Core 2 Duo, with an old Nvidia GeForce that does not support Metal for sure. This developer alpha of Mojave shows high requirements. I have seen owners of unsupported Macs who were really angry of being stuck on High Sierra and said they wanted to switch to Windows or Linux, if Mojave will not be available for their 2012 MacBook, for example. Myself, I would really not upgrade the motherboard and the CPU, just to get the SSE 4.2 instead of SSE 4.1 . Since yesterday, this news about SSE 4.2 seems to have been disproven. My motherboard does not have on board graphics, but I can boot and use High Sierra without inject Nvidia. So, you say that without injecting Nvidia and with -x, Mojave should work fine. I have tried High Sierra with -x in the past, it was really restricted. I mean, I could not install anything on it.

Edited by Vyzantion

@Vyzantion

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying (or it is maybe me). You said Mojave will not boot on Non-Metal GPU's but we do not know it yet. We just have a first beta with an incomprehensible limitation of graphics drivers. Apple said they will bring support for 2010 Macs (Pro only?? ) in next coming beta releases, so just wait.

When you boot your macos installation, it is booted in Safe mode. So if you're able to install Mojave in that mode, I do not see any reason to not be able to boot again in that mode after the installation finished. Of course, I'm talking here about Non-Metal GPU's.

7 hours ago, fantomas1 said:

Metal (I'm not talking about iOS version) has been available since 2015 on Macs (2012 models or later) running OS X El Capitan. HD 3000 runs well on it.

Not because HD3000 does not support Metal that is meaning that you can not have QE/CI enabled, right?

As soon as Apple available  a kext supporting such device (or someone creates a new kext), we're all good.

If this happens, will be a good news to Macbook Pro 2011 users. :)

2 minutes ago, Allan said:

If this happens, will be a good news to Macbook Pro 2011 users. :)

We'll see - they said they will add support for 2010 Mac Pros in the next coming beta releases. Maybe we'll see more kexts??? :rolleyes:

For once, I'm not hurry to install a macos release.  :no:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, fantomas1 said:

@Vyzantion

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying (or it is maybe me). You said Mojave will not boot on Non-Metal GPU's but we do not know it yet. We just have a first beta with an incomprehensible limitation of graphics drivers. Apple said they will bring support for 2010 Macs (Pro only?? ) in next coming beta releases, so just wait.

When you boot your macos installation, it is booted in Safe mode. So if you're able to install Mojave in that mode, I do not see any reason to not be able to boot again in that mode after the installation finished. Of course, I'm talking here about Non-Metal GPU's.

I knew Mojave will boot without Metal on safe mode. I knew some people already succeeded. I can not test it myself yet, since I do not have a developer account, to get this alpha, I have to wait the public beta. But I know safe mode is very restricted. I could not install Clover or anything on safe mode, when High Sierra was in beta, so I assume it is the same for Mojave, that package installing in safe mode is restricted.

1 hour ago, Vyzantion said:

since I do not have a developer account, to get this alpha, I have to wait the public beta.

;)

1 hour ago, Vyzantion said:

But I know safe mode is very restricted.

Unfortunately, it is true.

Thank you, I think I shall stick with the public beta. I also need the Terminal command to put it on the pen drive, anyway.

Can things be installed on Mojave, on Safe Mode? Like Clover, especially? Of course, if someone tried this.

Edited by Vyzantion

18 hours ago, fantomas1 said:

We'll see - they said they will add support for 2010 Mac Pros in the next coming beta releases. Maybe we'll see more kexts??? :rolleyes:

For once, I'm not hurry to install a macos release.  :no:

This is a very different OS, it has several new hurdles to overcome.    And talk about dark mode, I finally got it to load and on the final boot it goes to black screen?    This is with RX 480, R7 280x, and Nvidia GT210 as well as intel HD 4600.    I know it’s getting metal as the RX 480 fan spins at boot, then a gray screen with a working mouse cursor, unplug and replug the monitor and it gets a white screen.    I don’t have a real Mac that is compatible to load it with and cheat the install so this iogscreenlockstate will be tough to comquer.    Another issue is kext stall (60-240sec).   It takes forever to boot I think we may need a new FakeSMCkext to get hacks to install.   Or a new clover version to inject Kexts.

Finally got a fresh install to work with i7 4790k Intel HD 4600.     And it also works on my Pentium G3258 with R7 280X. and my HP Probook 640 G1.    

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.59.41 AM.png

Edited by Gigamaxx

On 6/7/2018 at 6:32 PM, fantomas1 said:

And could we know what really is making them angry? Dark mode??? :hysterical:

The safe boot (-x) does not load graphics kexts. In addition with disabling Inject ATI/Nvidia, it should be good.  :P

I was able to start my Mojave USB Installer on my HD6770 and it booted just fine. But as I did not have an empty partition, I didn't continue my installation to confirm what I'm just trying to say.  :)

@fantomas1, I can confirm you can boot + install Mojave beta in normal mode (without acceleration) with unsupported HD5770 - desktop 2 specs in my signature :).

Updated Clover to latest (r4515+) and changed my SMBIOS from iMac11,3 to 14,2.  Boots with VESA safemode drivers.  Post install, I substituted some High Sierra 10.13.5 kexts to restore WIFI, SATA and graphics functionality:

• IO80211Family.kext v12.0 for my Atheros Wifi card
  • AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 for 5 series/ICH10 SATA (@Sunki's patch doesn't seem to work in 10.14beta)
  • AMD5000Controller, AMDLegacyFramebuffer, AMDLegacySupport, AMDRadeonX3000, AMDSupport kexts for my Radeon HD5770.  This was enough for CI to work but not QE acceleration (AMDRadeonX3000 from HS refuses to load).

Spoiler

494193088_MojaveonGAP55AUD3.thumb.png.eb93293b5e8ad4e5f98c8b0a7e1c23e4.png

P55AUD3 Regressed Kexts for Mojave.png

HS AMD Kexts.zip

Edited by fusion71au
Added HS kexts
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1