intel hades canyon nuc nuc8i7hvk

49 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

how do i calculate the value of RM,device-id of the fake properties? i need the base 64 value to put into the .plist xml text manually, i need it for this id 0X69AO1002 and this one 0X69AF1002, which are the new ones introduced by apple and i will prepare 2 different kexts because we can try only one id at a time so we have to test both and i will also put also the id of the apu in the pci match just for testing puposes, but vega drivers from 10.13.5 beta are needed to try it

Use a plist editor such as Xcode... then you won't need to mess with base64.

3 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

I also need to calculate values for the pci class match (i do not know if 0x03000000&0xff000000 will work) and i do not know how to calculate the correcte io proble score and i also need to inject the vedor and subvendor, because according to the screenshots gigamaxx pubbliched into another thread, this vega card has intel as subvendor so we need to fix that if the simple changement of the pciid does not seems to work, so i need to calculate the values of the vendor and subvendor for the base 64 format used in the fake properties in the info.plist

You should be able to match just on device/vendor-id.

Look at how the Apple provided AMD graphics kexts match and go from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RehabMan said:

Use a plist editor such as Xcode... then you won't need to mess with base64.

You should be able to match just on device/vendor-id.

Look at how the Apple provided AMD graphics kexts match and go from there.

i am already using xcode, but i prefer to edit plists as source code rather than with the plist editor of xcode, but for those valuses i can use the plist edit just for that, i will try to make different versions of the fakepciid injector to try the 2 ids and if using amd as subvendor instead of intel makes any changement

ok, that what i came up with, please can you check those injector kexts to see if it's all ok? i leave also the original info.plist from the xcode project, i decided to leave the ioprobe score of 9001 from the intel hd fakepciid kext, i don't know if it's going to work as well, the system driver has an ioprobescore of 65050 for vega cards, i have also used xcode 8 so my development target is mac os 10.12 but that should not be a problem, but this does not mean that you can use this trick with the normal sierra.

to use the kexts you just have to use rehabman's fakepciid kext and put on of the 2 injectros into the zip package and if it works, everything should be fine, if needed we can also try to replace intel's subvendor id with the amd subvendor id, but the system driver does not looks for specific subvendor in his info.plist, but i don't know if it does such controls into the driver code as well.

vega fakepciid injectors.zip

AMD_Vega_Integrated.plist

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

ok, that what i came up with, please can you check those injector kexts to see if it's all ok? i leave also the original info.plist from the xcode project, i decided to leave the ioprobe score of 9001 from the intel hd fakepciid kext, i don't know if it's going to work as well, the system driver has an ioprobescore of 65050 for vega cards, i have also used xcode 8 so my development target is mac os 10.12 but that should not be a problem, but this does not mean that you can use this trick with the normal sierra.

to use the kexts you just have to use rehabman's fakepciid kext and put on of the 2 injectros into the zip package and if it works, everything should be fine, if needed we can also try to replace intel's subvendor id with the amd subvendor id, but the system driver does not looks for specific subvendor in his info.plist, but i don't know if it does such controls into the driver code as well.

vega fakepciid injectors.zip

AMD_Vega_Integrated.plist

Your intention is to spoof 1002:694e and 1002:15dd as 1002:a069? (second one as 1002:af69)?

Why multiple PCI matches?  You have not determined what the native ID actually is?

Note that if you're injecting a fake device-id (to get the system kext to even load), you will need to have the FakePCIID injector match against that ID as well.  I assume you're injecting fake device-id 0x694e or 0x15dd.

Edited by RehabMan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RehabMan said:

Your intention is to spoof 1002:694e and 1002:15dd as 1002:a069? (second one as 1002:af69)?

Why multiple PCI matches?  You have not determined what the native ID actually is?

Note that if you're injecting a fake device-id (to get the system kext to even load), you will need to have the FakePCIID injector match against that ID as well.  I assume you're injecting fake device-id 0x694e or 0x15dd.

i just want to make the graphics card of the intel nuc with vega (id 1002:694e) to appear as a vega 12 that will be probably used by apple in some future mac, which is already listed into the amd10000controller.kext with 2 ids in that kexts, 1002:69A0 and 1002:69AF so i have created 2 kexts to see if the graphics of the nuc can work with one of those ids, but i have problems to understand which is the correct value for the fake id data for the info.plist of the injector kext and i have added the second match 1002:15dd because gigamaxx want to try this also on his ryzen apu 2200g hackintosh, but it don't think that this is going to work, because of the differences of the graphics memory addressing beetween the gfx cards listed into the amd10000controller.kext and the apu (the apu uses system memory and the other cards has their own hbm 2 memory)

you can see also the device ids from this screenshot from the pciid database which lists the vega graphics of the nuc and the vega grahics listed in the amd10000controller kext

Schermata 2018-05-18 alle 03.16.39.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RehabMan said:

I will test on Ryzen 2400G and the NUC.

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 12.47.25 AM.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

I will test on Ryzen 2400G and the NUC.

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 12.47.25 AM.png

maybe you should use the rename pegp to gfx0 clover patch in your system, see if that leads to any improvement

13 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

i just want to make the graphics card of the intel nuc with vega (id 1002:694e) to appear as a vega 12 that will be probably used by apple in some future mac,[/quote]

Inject FakeID 0x69aX (X=0|1|2|3|f) and have FakePCIID match against whichever id you're testing, and setting RM,device-id to the same.

Just putting my reply outside the quote...

Inject FakeID 0x69aX (X=0|1|2|3|f) and have FakePCIID match against whichever id you're testing, and setting RM,device-id to the same.

This new site software is complete garbage.  This site has become very frustrating to use.

• Like 1

so the info.plist should be something like this photo? (the amd10000controller the pci match has just 0x69a01002 and 0x69af1002 for this cards, so i can test just that as fake ids, because other ids are not included into the system kext kext)

for the matches in the fakepciid plugin i am using the ids of the nuc's vega graphics and the graphics of the ryzen apu

Schermata 2018-05-18 alle 17.26.02.png

35 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

so the info.plist should be something like this photo? (the amd10000controller the pci match has just 0x69a01002 and 0x69af1002 for this cards, so i can test just that as fake ids, because other ids are not included into the system kext kext)

for the matches in the fakepciid plugin i am using the ids of the nuc's vega graphics and the graphics of the ryzen apu

Schermata 2018-05-18 alle 17.26.02.png

Your RM,device-id data is wrong.  You wanted 0x69af, right?  In Intel byte order, it would be <af690000> (32-bit, byte reversed/little endian).

Also, if you're injecting fake device-id 0x69af, you'll need an IOPCIPrimaryMatch for 0x69af10002.

Edited by RehabMan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RehabMan said:

Your RM,device-id data is wrong.  You wanted 0x69af, right?  In Intel byte order, it would be <af690000> (32-bit, byte reversed/little endian).

Also, if you're injecting fake device-id 0x69af, you'll need an IOPCIPrimaryMatch for 0x69af10002.

so like that rigth?

For Gigamaxx: you should also use a patch in clover to raname pegp to gfx0 into the nuc and also i am trying to make a proper injector kext

Schermata 2018-05-18 alle 20.38.57.png

26 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

So af69 and dd15?    

If you wanted to spoof 0x15dd, you would set RM,device-id = <dd150000>

1 minute ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

so like that rigth?

For Gigamaxx: you should also use a patch in clover to raname pegp to gfx0 into the nuc and also i am trying to make a proper injector kext

Schermata 2018-05-18 alle 20.38.57.png

What you have there is a 0x69a0 spoof, but matching on 0x15dd or 0x694e.

5 minutes ago, RehabMan said:

If you wanted to spoof 0x15dd, you would set RM,device-id = <dd150000>

What you have there is a 0x69a0 spoof, but matching on 0x15dd or 0x694e.

just what i want, i want to make a 0x694e or a 0x15dd device to appear as a 0x69a0/0x69af device to the system so i am creating 2 injectors, one that spoofs as 0x69a0 and another which spoofs as 0x69af

But thank you for you help and patience rehabman, now i know how to make fakepciid injectors kext so i can make one if i need, i have also took a look into the source code of the main fakepciid kext and i have seen all the operations to convert from 32-bit, byte reversed/little endian and use the fake id that has been injected, very usefoul, very nice as all your other kexts

• Like 1

Gigamaxx try this fakepciid injector kexts in the nuc system and let me know if it works, ando also as i said before, in the acpi section of the clover config, use a patch to convert pegp to gfx0 and use the wathevergreen kext with the boot argument for wathevergreen, and the boot arg for lilu, to enable them on a beta version of mac os, (like all the other kexts made by vit9696 do require) and also use the latest fakepciid kext

fakepciid_vega_integrated.zip

• 7 months later...
13 minutes ago, DynaFEX said:

@ITzTravelInTime @Gigamaxx How did you trailblazers go? It seems sadly this project is at a standstill for now?

i didn't had any new test with @Gigamaxx in months, but mojave brought to the table support for more vega gpus, so we need to test that as well if we can.

I'd like to have this nuck on hand to experiment with it, but i can't because it's too expensive for me, i am trying to resurrect an ibm 5160 so i don't have money to spend on hackintoshing right now

13 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

@Gigamaxx

I'd like to have this nuck on hand to experiment with it, but i can't because it's too expensive for me, i am trying to resurrect an ibm 5160 so i don't have money to spend on hackintoshing right now

A friend of mine is looking at purchasing one and wants help Hacking it, so I may have one in my hands soon. Will update if so.

But thanks for your efforts so far!