[HELP] Amd radeon r7 200 series not working on macOS High Sierra

saduisahu

14 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I apologise for it's my first time building a Hackintosh, and I seem to have a bit of problem with my GPU, (only shows 6mb :( )

After fresh Install I installed lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext, I injected ATI through Clover and added my fake id (0x66581002)

but nothing seems to solve this problem,

I really need help here guys as I am very new to this kind of things,

I will attach my pc specifications and my config.plist file for you guys to examine

thank you in advance

cren1.png

cren2.png

d1.png

d2.png

SCREEN.gif

config.plist

15 hours ago, Allan said:

Use the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in driver64UEFI and in your BIOS set IGPU for primary GPU, or PEG/PCIe.

Nope that din't change anything, also I could not find no PEG/PCIe in my bios what I found was PCI/PCIe and second option was PCIe/PCI I left the first option assuming PEG is PCI,

Do you have any other alternative sir ?

Guest ricoc90

I don't have experience with whatevergreen, so I don't know exactly how it works and what it does.
I do know that your device ID not listed in AMD8000Controller.kext nor in AMDRadeonX4000.kext, hence why they won't load.

You could manually add your Device ID in their info.plist

But again, I don't know if whatevergreen deals with that already.

Edited by ricoc90

18 hours ago, saduisahu said:
Hello guys,
I apologise for it's my first time building a Hackintosh, and I seem to have a bit of problem with my GPU, (only shows 6mb :( )
After fresh Install I installed lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext, I injected ATI through Clover and added my fake id (0x66581002)
but nothing seems to solve this problem,
I really need help here guys as I am very new to this kind of things,
I will attach my pc specifications and my config.plist file for you guys to examine
thank you in advance

The device ID 0x66581002 isn't natively supported by macOS you should either use another fake device ID such as 0x665C1002 or you should add your deviceID to the kexts that @ricoc90 mentioned and replace the kext using kext wizard or kext utility and the repair the permissions afterwards.

Besides you shouldn't use InjectATI and WhateverGreen together anyway.

Ok so for some reasons I dint have permissions to change the info.plist in AMD8000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext so I used this fake ID 0x665C1002 that was listed, also I set inject ati to False I rebuild permissions and cache, but still nothing has changed it's still the same 

Heres my config.plist file...

config.plist

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I actually added entry in the kext and OSX won’t boot anymore. Had to boot with integrated and reverse to original kexts. This card just refuse to work in high Sierra and above. Shame cos it’s handling 4K smoothly and my GT730 struggles. I have low profile case for this build.

OK some progress.

I edited Info.plist in kexts again this time with textedit and than rebuild with Hackintool. My card is XFX R7 250 A which is based on Oland chip. Some R7 200 are based on Verde or Bonaire chip (check in GPU-Z) in that case you're lucky and you have support in AMDRadeonX4000.kext.

I added my card id 0x66101002 to Bonaire section in AMDRadeonX4000.kext and nothing, than I added ID to both sections in AMD7000Controller.kext and now I got card recognised as 7xxx 2GB, full resolution which is nice but no QE/CI. I moved my id in X4000.kext to Verde section but this has no effect. I will try my luck with 8000 controller tomorrow as 8570 and 8670 are both Oland. 

IMG_1660.thumb.jpg.eacf1eceea0500378fe66fe5acffe67d.jpg

Edited by luki1979

• 4 weeks later...