AMD Ryzen 2200g with Vega graphics. Hackintoshable?

Gigamaxx

72 posts in this topic

I picked up a Ryzen 2200g and Gigabyte AB350M Gaming motherboard today to begin testing with the new 2000 series risen chip with Vega graphics.    Its a 4 core 4 thread CPU 3.5-3.7GHz with 8CUs Vega graphics on the chip.    Bios updated to F22b version which requires a Ryzen 1000 series chip to do.   It won't boot with 2200g until bios is flashed it won't even go to bios screen.    

CPU ID = 0x810F10.    My Ryzen 7 1700 is 0x800F11

Graphics ID = 0x15DD1002.    According to Clover.    Ironically I looked far and wide for these IDs on the Google but no sites posted them and CPUz doesn't show them as well.    Thanks to the Clover team we now have device IDs for a starting point.

Audio: 0x100215DE, 0x100215DE, 0x1002AA01, 0x0700, ATI R6xx HDMI

So far initial testing gets CPU cores enabled, but a hang up on USB controller.    Added GenericUSBkext and Dummykexts and now stuck on "waiting for root device".   Tried PCIRootUID=0, and 1 but no luck.

I will post some photos of the errors if anyone has any advice or suggestions in a little while.

Update:  I picked up a Intel Nuc Hades Canyon with Vega M graphics and it’s not able to get past 7mb VRAM support as well.   CPUID is 0x0906E9, Vega ID is 0x694E1002.    The 1000cimtrollerkext has 0x69AO and 0x69AF but these IDs using fake ID injection doesn’t work.    Editing the Kexts with 0x694E has also been a failure.    I’ll post more later if there is any progress with either chipset.

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 12.07.55 AM.png

Edited by Gigamaxx
  • Like 6

Right now it’s on IGPU and it’s default but I can browse, I posted from it. It’s better than my GT1 pentium graphics. I need to play with the 1000controllerkext and 5000kext to see if I can get metal support.

I just opened up Youtube it works!

• Like 1

Nice, which kernel are you using ? 

Did you try to add 0x15DD1002 to the 10000AMDController and AMDRadeonX5000.kext yet ?

I'm using the 17.4 kernel Shaneees, but I also tired Bronya kernel but no wifi.

I have edited the 1000 and 5000 kexts to no avail.    It crashed during loading which may be a sign of it wanting to accelerate but no having the right path (CPU-PCIE)  But I added the ID to the KBL CRB/ Intel framebufferkexts and got this.  It would be nice if we could figure out how to get this working it would make a great small form factor system.   My windows Geekbench compute was 38,000 points.

post-1753549-0-15599600-1518894378_thumb.png

Its odd I can't open "About this Mac" but can go to "Go/Utilities/System Profiles" and get the readings.   Instead of Unknown CPU its reading as a Xeon CPU which may help to create a dsdt or SSDT to activate graphics if at all possible.     Only 7mb but I can browse and I am using it now to write this.   This is totally experimental but if using as a typical Ryzen CPU setup it works OK with dedicated graphics and IGPU disabled. 

post-1753549-0-40473700-1518894691_thumb.png

IOReg. KBL CRB fake Donkeymac’s Mac Pro Ryzen Vega KBL CRB.zip

Here are some MaciASL dsdt and ssd generations.  Ryzen 2200g SSDT and SSDT.zip

I'm not surprised with the Vega driver mess.

By crash you mean reboot or hang on the login, or IO.. error ? 

You tried with ATI inject and Load Vbios ?

Unfortunately, all your IOReg dumps are corrupted when try to open them with IORegistryExplorer Version 2.1. 

Just wondering, what do you see when open DPCIManager (do you have a little eye on the left of the GPU in the second box?)

I'm not surprised with the Vega driver mess.

By crash you mean reboot or hang on the login, or IO.. error ? 

You tried with ATI inject and Load Vbios ?

Unfortunately, all your IOReg dumps are corrupted when try to open them with IORegistryExplorer Version 2.1. 

Just wondering, what do you see when open DPCIManager (do you have a little eye on the left of the GPU in the second box?)

All that shows in DCPIManager is the Audio 0x15DE1002 R6XXX, no graphics showing, no eye.   

It gets about halfway thru boot then pops to reboot.  IOkiterror/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicykext?    I will try again on my other disk slowly adding the plist changes to see if I can anything Vega to load.

When I try ATI inject it goes straight to black screen even with -v, -s.  I'll try load video bios thats the only thing I haven't tried yet as I don't have the vrom for it.  I wish I could pul it form DCPIManager.

Try this version I think its 3.0 IORegistryExplorer.zip

• 3 weeks later...

I updated to HS 13.4 beta 4 and installed my RX Vega 64 card.    With no edits to IGPU graphics it goes to black screen but the Vega card is initializing as the fan goes through its usual slow down at boot.    I was able to run it by editing the AppleIntelKBLGraphicskext adding 0x15DD1002 to the info.plists to it and the frame buffer kext.    It has good performance in initial testing similar to my Intel Pentium at similar CPU frequency rate.    Without any edits to the IntelGrtaphics kexts It will run by disabling the IGPU graphics.    My gut feeling on this is that the Vega graphics kexts are designed to run with HBM2 memory and the IGPU Vega graphics are using DDR4 memory.    It seems pretty stable running either KBL spoofing or with IGPU disabled and the usual 15-20% performance drop that I see with my Ryzen 7 1700 and previous Ryzen 5 1500X does not appear to be happening.    Performance with this second gen Ryzen seems better and equal to Intel CPUs at this point.

I picked up a Nvidia 1060 3gb last night but its an open box unit and I can't get any graphics output through HDMi in OS or Windows so I'm taking it back and will try another for testing to check the Horrible Nvidia performance loss with Ryzen.    Geekbench compute 186,000 for Vega, Valley Extreme HD 2206.     With Ryzen 7 1700 Geekbench averages 152,000 and Valley Ex HD 1800.

Check out these benches from the Vega and Ryzen 2200g they are pretty good for AMD kernel in OS High Sierra and seem to be up to par with Intel CPUs.

Edit error -200 for loading images to the site.    I will try later to add pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Usernamist said:

I too would like to know how this is coming along.

Thanks again, you're the best

We have a new contender in the ring shaneee now has a Ryzen 2400g.   He has made several kernels for AMD.    Hopefully soon there will be more progress on this chipset and he’s going to look into the IGPU aspect as well.    Let’s all give him some support not only for the work he has already done but for future prospects. He is a Master of AMD hacks and will be a great resource for Ryzen users.

my overall impression with this Zen + hardware is that it does have better GPU benchmarks versus the original Ryzen series.   My testing with AMD RX 460, 480, and Vega 64 show it performing at levels similar to my Intel hacks.   My Ryzen 1700 always has a 5- 15 % performance drop for GPUs versus the Intel at similar frequencies.   There are some kernel related bugs though that probably need to be worked out especially for High Sierra 13.4 as apple has added new kernel related security measures but I’m sure with a little time we will have things running smoothly.    

• Like 1

Yeah so far the Ryzen 5 2400G is running great. There's a couple bugs in the kernel but they don't affect how it performs. I plan on working those out. As for the iGPU I've got a couple ideas for that but it's for when I've got more time.

Im4ZnZ0.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Yeah so far the Ryzen 5 2400G is running great. There's a couple bugs in the kernel but they don't affect how it performs. I plan on working those out. As for the iGPU I've got a couple ideas for that but it's for when I've got more time.

Im4ZnZ0.png

Thanks and glad to know it worked in this new AMD hackintosh at 10.13.3.

Have you developed any new kernel for testing at 10.13.4 or 10.13.5 beta in FX-6300 or Ryzen 1700X hackintosh ?

Your previous one can boot to desktop, but it need extra step by "-s" then "exit" in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh to prevent invalid opcode errors.

Any similar issue in this 2400G hackintosh ?

• 2 weeks later...

This is as far as I can get with the AMD kexts and the device ID added. They load but the frame buffer isn't loaded. I've tried loading all 7 frame buffers included in the X1000 kext with no luck. From the tests Gigamaxx did there seems to be more luck spoofing as Intel graphics there. More support may come from integrated Vega though, hard to tell.

F4EwdEj.png

• Like 1

I also tested with my Vega 64 in the mix and it crashed the system.  I think it loaded the drivers but conflicted with the integrated graphics and panicked.   In verbose I could see the 5000kext and 1000controller loading before the crash.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, werneckz said:

any news on igpu support after apple released support for vega 16 ans vega 20 on their new macbook pros?

Rehabman helped a user on another forum get Intel +Vega/Polaris working somewhat.   It may be limited to Mojave though.

If any thing begins to become clear I will post any fixes here for testing.

• Thanks 1