Jump to content

AMD Ryzen 2200g with Vega graphics. Hackintoshable?


72 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

 

Rehabman helped a user on another forum get Intel +Vega/Polaris working somewhat.   It may be limited to Mojave though.

 

If any thing begins to become clear I will post any fixes here for testing.

thanks, mate.

3400g mac mini ryzentosh looks promissing.

as far as i heard, 3400g will be 6cores + vega 16

  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Anonym323 said:

I mean the Vega GPU on It.

I know that IT only works with Polaris ID from a German Site but it also says that There are some  issues like artefacts...

 

Do you have a link to the site?   I know the Intel/Vega chip is working like that (Mojave) but I have not heard of the AMD chip working as well.

Ähm its abvious that this is not rehabman.
This Guy use also Mojave but different IDs like I saw within the Screenshots compared to the EFI a guy uploaded on tonymac.

Also tried the garbage EFI from tonymac (garbage because 99 % is useless in it)  and IT also have artefacts like described on the german website.

 

 

 

17 hours ago, Anonym323 said:

Ähm its abvious that this is not rehabman.
This Guy use also Mojave but different IDs like I saw within the Screenshots compared to the EFI a guy uploaded on tonymac.

Also tried the garbage EFI from tonymac (garbage because 99 % is useless in it)  and IT also have artefacts like described on the german website.

 

Tonymac users did it first with rehabmans fix, the EFi they uploaded is not working for others.  It may be something else like PCIIDkexts injecting the Polaris ID.   There is something missing from those posts and they are not sharing but again it is in Mojave.  Below is a sample of what he sent us earlier on this site.

 

  

https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=298954

 

Edited by Gigamaxx
5 hours ago, prashanthca said:

Now that 10.14.1 sources are out and we have a working, albeit alpha-ish, kernel for Mojave, will RehabMan's fix work on AMD APU rigs?

 

I tested a little over the weekend but no luck so far.   Here's the Clover folder form a working NUC.    Mainly it's in the config.plist/Devices/Properties section.

CLOVER-2.zip

  • 2 months later...

Any progress on this front? I am about to upgrade my 2400g build to a 2700X and I would love to build an ultra SFF hackintosh with just the CPU/iGPU (perhaps even fanless). I would gladly help test anything you guys needed tested. I am a noob at building/hacking with hackintoshes, but I'm always up to learn! 

  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 4:09 AM, AlGrey said:

I'm not surprised with the Vega driver mess.

By crash you mean reboot or hang on the login, or IO.. error ? 

 

You tried with ATI inject and Load Vbios ?

 

Unfortunately, all your IOReg dumps are corrupted when try to open them with IORegistryExplorer Version 2.1. 

 

Just wondering, what do you see when open DPCIManager (do you have a little eye on the left of the GPU in the second box?)

I have tested, it get's stuck on IOConsole and there are some cryptic messages that keep appearing, there is no kernel panic though. I edited x5000 and 10000 kexts.

8 hours ago, arshavin69ru said:

I have tested, it get's stuck on IOConsole and there are some cryptic messages that keep appearing, there is no kernel panic though. I edited x5000 and 10000 kexts.

 

Remove those edits and try the intelKBLfamebufferkext.  The best you can do is spoofing it to get framebuffers loaded.   

On 10/20/2019 at 7:08 AM, Gigamaxx said:

I did manage to edit and boot, but the thing is the framebuffer is already loading for me without this patching of intel framebuffer kext, so in my case it has no visible improvement, apart from showing in my mac and ioreg as intel uhd KBL CRB gpu. I am more interested in the polaris NUC fix, I have got the EFI, have been playing with it, there is no proper guide, I can't seem to put the correct PCIRoot in prperties section of the device tab.

 

Edited by arshavin69ru

Even without this spoof, the default vesa is very stable for me, I can browse youtube, play hd videos in Quicktime and safari, only a bit of tearing appears like older days mesa drivers on linux. The problem is usb 3 for me, I because when I use GenericXHCI kext I am unable to see any usb devices in system info, and usb tethering does not work, it works only I boot without GenericXHCI, which works, but only randomly, like if I try 10 times, 9 times it hangs, and once it boots without this kext.

On 11/18/2018 at 2:37 PM, Gigamaxx said:

 

Rehabman helped a user on another forum get Intel +Vega/Polaris working somewhat.   It may be limited to Mojave though.

 

If any thing begins to become clear I will post any fixes here for testing.

I have been trying to do this, I am not able to insert PCIRoot address correctly, I used gfxinfo tool to get the root ID. It got stuck just like when I had edited AMD1000Controller kext.

 

  • 1 month later...
On 10/24/2019 at 10:05 PM, arshavin69ru said:

I have been trying to do this, I am not able to insert PCIRoot address correctly, I used gfxinfo tool to get the root ID. It got stuck just like when I had edited AMD1000Controller kext.

 

The same happened with me, stuck when using AMD10000Controller kext. InjectATI leads straight to black screen. I'd like to see some support on this gpu 15DD.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:42 PM, arshavin69ru said:

There is not much support, although I have been trying various things, but so far there is no solution. So, as of now no graphics acceleration with 15DD

 

I'd like to see what the Polaris22Fixup kext actually does. If There's any testing required on, I can do it. 

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 4:45 PM, mvaisakh said:

 

I'd like to see what the Polaris22Fixup kext actually does. If There's any testing required on, I can do it. 

It didn't do anything for me at all. There is no guide or word on how to use it. If you just throw it in, it doesn't do anything.

Just now, arshavin69ru said:

It didn't do anything for me at all. There is no guide or word on how to use it. If you just throw it in, it doesn't do anything.

I have been very busy of late, so I haven't done too much experiment in the recent past, I will try again when I have time, and if all fails, I will buy an egpu dock and use a cheap usable gpu.

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
×
×
  • Create New...