Marvell (Aquantia) 10 Gb Ethernet support thread

d5aqoep
498 posts in this topic

DisableIoMapper has things to do with virtualization, and is unlikely to speed up your connection, it will either maybe break the connection or have no effects on it. As the guy above said, jumbo frame is crucial for 10GbE, but only use it when all devices (all 10GbE devices at least) on your network support it. In your case it’s a direct p2p connection so just make sure your NAS supports it. I bet most if not all Synology NASes do.

2 hours ago, i0ntempest said:

DisableIoMapper has things to do with virtualization, and is unlikely to speed up your connection, it will either maybe break the connection or have no effects on it. As the guy above said, jumbo frame is crucial for 10GbE, but only use it when all devices (all 10GbE devices at least) on your network support it. In your case it’s a direct p2p connection so just make sure your NAS supports it. I bet most if not all Synology NASes do.

Awesome thank you so much, again...

I need help though...

Theres a place , a website , maybe here idk, where i saw that people could upload their efi or parts of it for troubleshooting purposes.

I need to find this place and upload mine, because my system definitely has some lag and a tiny bit of crashing that it shouldnt have.

I never did a TRUE, proper pos-install per Dortania.. The system and programs and response times are just not what they should be for the specs, ie nvme boot drive, 8gb ddr4, dGPU etc

Where does one go to get a second opinion on config.plist or efi or OC?

and 

Is it safe for me to update to these updates? (in the image below) image.png.fea95d20308ac494830c17126b460b93.png

image.png

Edited by dovedescent7

@dovedescent7

Please update your signature with your hardware specs so people can know what you are using before asking for help or advice, then you also can create your own topic and post your EFI folder and explain the issues you have on your rig and please stay on topic.

1 hour ago, kaneske said:

Oh sounds great. What’s the Clue, in Monterey 12.4 it works with the published Patch and AppleVTD active. Can you share how you got it configured?

Basically all you have to do is to use ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk under the kernel section, we don't need the patches anymore. In my case I have to use a SSDT because my Aquantia's device ID isn't supported natively.

I just noticed that in macOS 12.4 with ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk enabled, there is a chance of connecting WiFi will cause the system to freeze and then black screen and hard crash. There's no panic log shown after reboot. I am not sure it's 100% caused by the quirk yet, and I'm not sure if it affects 12.4 only. For now I've reverted to manual patching (The __ZN30AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion10718checkConfigSupportERiS0_ one with mask) and it seems the problem is gone. I'll try a few more times during use later.

EDIT: issue still present with manual patching. I believe those two are nearly identical if not completely. I'll test with no patches later.

Edited by i0ntempest

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 6:09 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Basically all you have to do is to use ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk under the kernel section, we don't need the patches anymore. In my case I have to use a SSDT because my Aquantia's device ID isn't supported natively.

Can you share your ssdt and also how can I find out if my Aquantia device id is support?

1 minute ago, valmeida29 said:

Can you share your ssdt and also how can I find out if my Aquantia device id is support?

Sure, it's for Aquantia AQC113C.

You can use Hackintool to find the device ID in macOS or you can use windows and see which device id your Aquantia has.

image.png

But the purpose of using this SSDT is for unsupported devices if your device ID is one of the following you might not need the SSDT you can only use ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk under kernel section in the config.plist

image.png

SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml

• 2 weeks later...

@valmeida29

From what i see in the screenshot the assigned device id is 0x14C0 which is the default value of the device and it must be 0x94C0 so either the SSDT didn't load or it requires some changes.

As you can see in the picture below my AQC113 with the original 0x14c0 now has the correct device ID:

image.png

130666812_ScreenShot2022-07-13at6_16_19PM.png.7f0b68827468f2a541a5e741ab639c45.png

@valmeida29

On another note the SSDT that you are using addresses the device in the following path:

External (_SB_.PC00.RP01, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PC00.RP01.PXSX, DeviceObj)
    External (DTGP, MethodObj)    // 5 Arguments

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
    {
        Scope (\_SB.PC00.RP01)

in your screenshot the location path is shown as:

External (_SB_.PCI0.D0A0, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.D0A0.PXSX, DeviceObj)

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
    {
        Scope (\_SB.PCI0.D0A0)

So try this SSDT:

SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml

On 7/14/2022 at 2:36 AM, Cyberdevs said:

@valmeida29

On another note the SSDT that you are using addresses the device in the following path:

External (_SB_.PC00.RP01, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PC00.RP01.PXSX, DeviceObj)

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
    {
        Scope (\_SB.PC00.RP01)

in your screenshot the location path is shown as:

External (_SB_.PCI0.D0A0, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.D0A0.PXSX, DeviceObj)

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
    {
        Scope (\_SB.PCI0.D0A0)

So try this SSDT:

SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml 287 B · 1 download

😞 didnt work 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Success report! I got my new Gigabyte GC-AQC113C to work, and without even using an SSDT. All I did was some device property injections per this tutorial.

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 14.44.02.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 14.42.00.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 14.41.08.png

EDIT: turns out even device-id injection is not necessary, only "compatible" is needed.

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 14.40.33.png

Edited by i0ntempest

Well... It just won't be that easy.

Turns out AQC113, for some reason, breaks airplay. Seconds after I tries airplaying anything, or airplaying anything from my iphone to it (airplay receiver enabled), the entire connection dies and I must reboot (or ifconfig down && ifconfig up) to reset the card. Replugging the ethernet jack doesn't work, it will no longer get an IP from my router and just gets a link local address. And this only happens on macOS 12.6, not with the latest beta of 13.0.

@Cyberdevs Looks like you're the only one besides me here that's using an AQC113, do you have any ideas pls? Maybe something wrong with my setup (see above)?

Edited by i0ntempest

On 9/24/2022 at 8:07 AM, i0ntempest said:

Well... It just won't be that easy.

Turns out AQC113, for some reason, breaks airplay. Seconds after I tries airplaying anything, or airplaying anything from my iphone to it (airplay receiver enabled), the entire connection dies and I must reboot (or ifconfig down && ifconfig up) to reset the card. Replugging the ethernet jack doesn't work, it will no longer get an IP from my router and just gets a link local address. And this only happens on macOS 12.6, not with the latest beta of 13.0.

@Cyberdevs Looks like you're the only one besides me here that's using an AQC113, do you have any ideas pls? Maybe something wrong with my setup (see above)?

What is the original device ID for your AQC adapter?

5 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

What is the original device ID for your AQC adapter?

04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Aquantia Corp. (null) [1d6a:14c0] (rev 03) (subsys 1458:e000)

It's not in the pci ids file yet...

On 9/26/2022 at 8:39 PM, i0ntempest said:
04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Aquantia Corp. (null) [1d6a:14c0] (rev 03) (subsys 1458:e000)

It's not in the pci ids file yet...

post IOreg with your current settings, the device id is 14c0 so it is detected correctly. Use IORegistryExplorer

9 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

post IOreg with your current settings, the device id is 14c0 so it is detected correctly. Use IORegistryExplorer

Here. Right now I only injected `compatible` field and it's enough to make it work. I've tested injecting `device-id` field together does not fix my problem.

Hack Pro.ioreg.zip

19 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

One more thing: some times the PCIe ethernet card (AQC107 I used before too) takes the system interface's position (en0 or en1), and bumping one of them to en2. This sometimes causes undesired system behavior. I think this is because in NetworkInterfaces.plist, `IOBuiltin` field is true for this interface, and this is related to the device property `built-in`. I tried deleting it with the Delete part in OC DeviceProperties but that did nothing, `built-in` is still in the card's properties. Is there a way to delete it with a SSDT?