Marvell (Aquantia) 10 Gb Ethernet support thread

d5aqoep
498 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, surenmunoo said:

I am on latest nightly build, if i disable the patch i can boot Sonoma, the quirk does not work for the Asus Z790 ProArt. 

Are you using the SSDT for the 10GB ethernet?

2 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Yes, I have that as well, should i turn that off when enabling the patch?

What is the device ID on for your 10GB? I'm using the SSDT and only ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk and mine works just fine. My device ID is 94c0

4 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

What is the device ID on for your 10GB? I'm using the SSDT and only ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk and mine works just fine. My device ID is 94c0

see below for device ID

image.thumb.png.b625f8b116b32c9155d6a64444a96579.png

Edited by surenmunoo

6 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Yes, I have that as well, should i turn that off when enabling the patch?

The only thing that needs to be enabled is the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk and the SSDT nothing else needs to be enabled which patch are you talking about?

53 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

The only thing that needs to be enabled is the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk and the SSDT nothing else needs to be enabled which patch are you talking about?

Hi Mate, Attached is the SSDT I am using for the 10G and the patch is what I found posted here. Thread below as well. 

<dict>
                    <key>Arch</key>
                    <string>Any</string>
                    <key>Base</key>
                    <string>__ZN27AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion5startEP9IOService</string>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Aquantia AQC107 patch 14.0 b2</string>
                    <key>Count</key>
                    <integer>0</integer>
                    <key>Enabled</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>D4RQAwAA</data>
                    <key>Identifier</key>
                    <string>com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
                    <key>Limit</key>
                    <integer>0</integer>
                    <key>Mask</key>
                    <data></data>
                    <key>MaxKernel</key>
                    <string></string>
                    <key>MinKernel</key>
                    <string>23.0.0</string>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>Zg8fRAAA</data>
                    <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                    <data></data>
                    <key>Skip</key>
                    <integer>0</integer>
                </dict>

SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C.aml

4 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@surenmunoo Well, then the quirk has to modified in order to work in Sonoma. I don't know if they will fixi it during the beta phase but you should report it. In the mean time you could try the patch reported here, and see if it works in Sonoma as well: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1036

That looks like its for Big Sur. I have no issues with the 10G in Ventura, only Sonoma. I used the patch I posted in my above reply to Cyberdevs which is what was mentioned here for Sonoma. 

7 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

That looks like its for Big Sur. I have no issues with the 10G in Ventura, only Sonoma. I used the patch I posted in my above reply to Cyberdevs which is what was mentioned here for Sonoma. 

Afiak the patch and the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk do the same thing disable the quirk and enable the patch see if makes any changes or send me your efi in PM and I’ll take a look later when I get back home.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

It is.  BUT, as I said: you COULD try it. I didn't say, "this is guaranteed to work" (it's a different patch than the one you tried previously, btw). Hackintoshing is also about trying things, not only following instructions! And like I also said: if the Quirk works in Ventura but doesn't in Sonoma, well it probably needs to be adjusted! The channgelog explicitely states that the Quirk was fixed for Ventura 14.2: "Fixed `ForceAquantiaEthernet` quirk on macOS 14 beta 2, thx @Shikumo". Sonoma is not even considered yet!

Edited by cankiulascmnfye

@cankiulascmnfye

As I agree with your statement above it does work on my AQC113 on a Z690 board in Sonoma.

and yes it doesn’t mean that it should work on all variants of mainboards.

@surenmunoo

This particular discussion should be continued on:

so I will moved the last posts to that topic later when I get back home.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Afiak the patch and the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk do the same thing disable the quirk and enable the patch see if makes any changes or send me your efi in PM and I’ll take a look later when I get back home.

Sent you the OneDrive link to my EFI

• 1 month later...

Quick question on this. I have two of these in my setup. One on the MB and the other as a standalone PCIe. Both have the latest BIOS rev. Here are the Windows device properties for each:

ASUS XG-C100C
PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_07B1&SUBSYS_87411043&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_07B1&SUBSYS_87411043
PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_07B1&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_07B1&CC_0200

Gigabyte 10Gbit AQC107
PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_D107&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_D107&SUBSYS_E0001458
PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_D107&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_D107&CC_0200

Is there anything I need to do extra other than the SSDT and the ForeceAquantiaEthernet quirk check box? Running Ventura 13.5.1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth I boot my x299 rig with Clover. Based on that I've been using the patch and a SSDT for Ventura and it has worked fine. On the last two releases of Sonoma I've not had any luck so far with the AQN-107, those are the only two I've tried. No panics, just no 10G network.

EDIT: I guess I need a stronger pair of glasses, it seems I made a typo in the plist.

My 107 is working with my previous SSDT and the new patch;

Kext: com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion

Find: 0F845003 0000.     -     (Ventura was  0F844503 0000)

Replace: 660F1F44 0000

Thanks to all for sorting that out.

Edited by J Lamp
Correction
  • Like 1

My Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme X299 based hackintosh was working happily for months on MacOSX 10.13.6 (because I still have an NVidia GTX 1080ti and I also want to be able to run 32bit apps). Recently, after a couple of hardware/software upgrade/updates that turned into issues and desperate panic moves while trying to figure out what was the culprit, I found that the onboard LAN10G AQC-107 stopped working on OSX. I couldn't even boot with a LAN cable connected (boot process stalled). If I booted to High Sierra with no Ethernet cable attached and tried to reinsert it, the screen froze instantly. Tried Linux, it worked ok there.

The Asus Rampage's onboard Aquantia AQC107 on Mac was recognised as:

Vendor ID: 0x1d6a
Device ID: 0xd107
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1043
Subsystem ID: 0x0002

when using the 6275696C742D696E -> 6262626262626262 and 0F84C0030000 -> 909090909090 com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion kext patches by Mieze.

I don't remember if I had ever upgraded/changed the firmware using the Marvel drivers/tool (I only recall doing that for an Asus XG-C100C PCIe 10GBE Ethernet card I used to have).

I didn't succeed with the 10.13.2->10.13.3 method. Which, by the way, was a PITA to do, thanks to Apple removing every instance of 10.13 but 10.13.6 (hint, there are still 2-3 links out there for 10.13 17A365, an iso and a zipped installer on archive.org and a mediafire link for a VMware VMDK disk, also be sure to set the clock back, e.g. 2018-05-01 and generally stay offline).

What did the trick for me (maybe a temporary solution) was copying BOTH IONetworkingFamily.kext 

and IOTimeSyncFamily.kext from macOSUpdCombo10.13.3.dmg into /System/Library/Extensions of my 10.13.6 system, replacing existing kexts, repairing permissions and rebuilding caches (ok, I just used HackinTool). I disabled any existing Aquantia patches and quirks on OpenCore.

Strangely enough, AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext taken from 10.13.3 is version 1.2.46 (???) while latest High Sierra versions show 1.0.55. 

Edited by gorg

• 1 month later...

Is there any hope on AMD systems ? Mine has a AQC107 that get recognized on Ventura but won't connect or ping anything.

I don't have VT-d (AMD has IOMMU) and SVM / IOMMU won't change a thing. Would it be possible to fake a DMAR table or is there a patched kext ?

Thank's

• 3 weeks later...