Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

Oki

I have an Nvidia card Geforce FX 5600XT, maybe tomorrow i slide it in the mobo instead of this one, now I am too tired (and lazy).

I saw some of the dudes who managed to get AGP (did they do it by hand hehe just joking)...

Thanks for the effort

I would take the DVI port only as I have no need for doing dual monitor and have no need for the VGA port to work. I need to hook up my card via DVI > HDMI cable to my brand new 46" Samsung 1080P LCD (native 1920x1080)...well, about 6 weeks old, now.

Looking at your threads, it appears that in order for me to do as you did I would need to know the Sammy's EDID. Is this correct? If I had this info, and followed what you did, do you think I'll get DVI to work?

How can I get the EDID of my Sammy? I don't have Windows installed on my Hack installation.

Put your monitor on another computer with windows and then use edid-out or Monitor Asset Manager

There will be some hexdata

But: I have tried it with my monitor and it didn't work for me :(

Work for me but no dual display

I have two monitor LCD 19' in VGA-DVI adapter and CRT 17' in VGA

and X1600Pro PCI-e 512MB 0x71c2 1002

I have look info.plist but this section it must be modified for ATI?

<key>name</key>
				<string>nVidia</string>

This is the section that will be loaded for nVidia cards. You should look under Vendors->0x1002

Put your monitor on another computer with windows and then use edid-out or Monitor Asset Manager

There will be some hexdata

But: I have tried it with my monitor and it didn't work for me :lol:

Or just type this in the terminal: ioreg -l -w0 | grep "EDID"

This is the section that will be loaded for nVidia cards. You should look under Vendors->0x1002

Yes but EDID is for nVdia and dual monitor don't work for ATI!

im only using one monitor but it works fine...That's it :lol:

hope the driver works fine for mobility tho

I spoke with OMni about IONDRVSupport .8 problem for X1600AGP and we concluded it was working but only on PORT1 while some card are programmed as PORT0

that's it...No IONDRVsupport will never fix any Dual Display. ATINDRV .5 has more clocks settings so it works better for PRO cards that's it too. ATINDRV .X wont enable anything regarding dual display.

He NeoPheus,

Complete success with the beta. Complete support of QE etc etc. with my Sapphire 1600XT 256. Thanks a lot.

Timothy

Specs:

Intel 9450D, P5LD2-VM Mainboard, 2 Gb 533 RAM, US-122 Tascam audio interface. Netgear WG311 wireless card. Everything working. I got a completely stable and fully functional Apple 10.4.8 computer.

I would take the DVI port only as I have no need for doing dual monitor and have no need for the VGA port to work. I need to hook up my card via DVI > HDMI cable to my brand new 46" Samsung 1080P LCD (native 1920x1080)...well, about 6 weeks old, now.

Looking at your threads, it appears that in order for me to do as you did I would need to know the Sammy's EDID. Is this correct? If I had this info, and followed what you did, do you think I'll get DVI to work?

How can I get the EDID of my Sammy? I don't have Windows installed on my Hack installation.

What are your system specs. :pirate2:

The DVI-to-HDMI dose change the signal and sometimes can interfere with your intension's :compress:

Or just type this in the terminal: ioreg -l -w0 | grep "EDID"

This does not always work. My laptop display never adds its EDID to the device tree. When I retrieve the EDID from SwitchResX, it is different than the EDID that is reported with moninfo. So. ioreg method does not work for everyone. FYI.

neopheus' installer worked for me:

Intel D945GTPLR, Pentium D920, X1800XL 256Mb PCI-E.

System Profiler shows secondary 'Display' entry, but i dont (yet) have a second monitor to test with. Primary display (19'' CRT via DVI-VGA adapter working fine).

Wake from sleep (which has never worked for me) results in a network-responsive machine (to ping, ssh etc) but display is black. I can connect with VNC, but the window is just full of black.

Any ideas how I can force a repost of video?

Those obsessed with getting their "full" 512mb detected, I accomplished it. In any case, what is ridiculous is that I get too many entires for display, wormy and such. I am trying to figure out a way to fool around with the injection so this doesn't happen. Anyhow, here is the pic:

512ya0.png

I do not know which (could be more than one) of this values actually did it (FrameBufferOffset, VRAM Memsize, memsize was wrong so ...):

plist1ct8.png

Now, keep in mind I am playing around with values, so disregard most of the rest of the info. Just make sure VRAM, Memsize and FrameBufferOffset are the same. Dunno why TheMaxx said before that FrameBuffer should be half .. but it is the full memory according to other ioreg dumps Ive seen. And ... it works. I am going to continue fooling around with different values to see if I find something else, but keep in mind I am no expert or anything, just a dumb man with nothing better to do right now ...

neopheus' installer worked for me:

Intel D945GTPLR, Pentium D920, X1800XL 256Mb PCI-E.

System Profiler shows secondary 'Display' entry, but i dont (yet) have a second monitor to test with. Primary display (19'' CRT via DVI-VGA adapter working fine).

Wake from sleep (which has never worked for me) results in a network-responsive machine (to ping, ssh etc) but display is black. I can connect with VNC, but the window is just full of black.

Any ideas how I can force a repost of video?

I can force repost of video though my mobo BIOS, but, all that I gain is a blue rather than black screen. Otherwise same boat as you...

Those obsessed with getting their "full" 512mb detected, I accomplished it. In any case, what is ridiculous is that I get too many entires for display, wormy and such. I am trying to figure out a way to fool around with the injection so this doesn't happen. Anyhow, here is the pic...

Mind posting your plist as an attachment? I have the exact same card. It shouldn't be hard to get this working.

OK, I've tried this a few different ways, all to no avail. All I get is a blue display on startup.

Specs:

Video card: Sapphire X1900GT (0x724b)

Latest Semthex Kernel

JaS 10.4.8 clean install

MoBo: Intel D975XBX

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

I've modified ATIRadeonX1000.kext to add support for my card (0x724b). ATIRadeonX1000.kext loads on its own now, so that's good. I install Natit (auto-detect version), fix permissions, reboot, and I get a blue screen. Start in safe mode, remove Natit, reboot, OSX loads again. I'm discovering that ATY_Sphyrna is not loading at boot time. So in /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Sphyrna/Contents/Info.plist, I've modified IOProviderClass string to be IOPCIDevice, as opposed to IONDRVDevice. No dice, ATY_Sphyrna still will not load, so I'm guessing that this is my problem. Anyone have any idea how to get the ATY_Sphyrna kext to load? I think it's not loading because it's not aware of my device ID, but how do I get it to recognize it? And yes, I'm cleaning out my kextcache every time I mod a driver :blink:

Here is the plist (without the added things I was trying, just added the 512meg to the x1600, the rest of the plist is the same). It's just those two ATY,VRAM and ATY,FrameBuffer. Maybe the guys can figure out a way of autodetecting the amount of ram or maybe in the installer you could choose a 512 patch that would patch all cards with 512. Whatever, it's not like 256/512 makes really any difference right now. I am getting really obsessed on getting dual monitor support on the x1600. I don't understand why it is not possible in any simple way.

This is only modified for X1600, and will force 512 even if you dont have it. Dont use it if you dont understand

We all kind of accomplished it if we left TheMaxx32s original plist in atiinject, albeit a blurry VGA (port 0) out. But the dual support was there. I just can't seem to understand the variables that made it happen. I have an ioreg dump from when I almost got dual. I am trying to compare it with my current Natit, and try to get to that stage again with Natit and go from there. Anyhow, I am still trying to understand all of this. If anyone understands all of this, and wants to take a look at the "almost" dual screen ioreg dump vs a current cloning ioreg dump, I will be happy to oblige.

512mb_Ram_Infoplist.zip

OK, I've tried this a few different ways, all to no avail. All I get is a blue display on startup.

Specs:

Video card: Sapphire X1900GT (0x724b)

Latest Semthex Kernel

JaS 10.4.8 clean install

MoBo: Intel D975XBX

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

I've modified ATIRadeonX1000.kext to add support for my card (0x724b). ATIRadeonX1000.kext loads on its own now, so that's good. I install Natit (auto-detect version), fix permissions, reboot, and I get a blue screen. Start in safe mode, remove Natit, reboot, OSX loads again. I'm discovering that ATY_Sphyrna is not loading at boot time. So in /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Sphyrna/Contents/Info.plist, I've modified IOProviderClass string to be IOPCIDevice, as opposed to IONDRVDevice. No dice, ATY_Sphyrna still will not load, so I'm guessing that this is my problem. Anyone have any idea how to get the ATY_Sphyrna kext to load? I think it's not loading because it's not aware of my device ID, but how do I get it to recognize it? And yes, I'm cleaning out my kextcache every time I mod a driver :hysterical:

Try using Natit_edited, that's what I used, and I have the same exact card (same ID). I have full support (sleep, dual monitors, resolution change, QE/CI, etc.)

It's a beautiful thing. :hysterical:

Oh, and this card uses Alopias, not Sphyrna.

Worked for me, as well as bofors' did, manual install. See sig for specs.

i.e. span across both monitors, CI/QE enabled, resolutions appear for both monitors (CRT's); also no mirroring and ~20 seconds delay waiting for GUI.

One thing I failed to notice before (ie not tested) is when booting with only one monitor: there's still a 'ghost' vga monitor with spanning across it as if it was still in dual monitor setup. Especially awkward when the menu bar is situated on the ghost screen...

This also happens with bofors'.

Is there a way to auto-detect mono/dual context and act accordingly?

As for NeoPhus' installer, tried it also, proceeded smoothly; but noticed some error messages in reboot, but booted in gui anyway. It's the installer that overwrote my NV*.kext's with generic ones, so had to re-input my card's id in them.