macOS Unlocker 2.1 for VMware Workstation 11/12/14, Player 7/12/14, Fusion 7/8/10

Donk

100 posts in this topic

If somebody with ESXi 6.5 issues wants to contact me, I'd be willing to work with them to see if I can find what is causing the problems.  I've been using the vmkramdisk method for a year or so with no problems, but it had an issue with some specific hardware by what donk said previously.  I have nearly the same hardware as the person who had been having the issues and was never able to duplicate the issue.  Anyway, I don't want ESXi support gone, I may just maintain a fork with it still in it for adventurous types.  I won't promise it won't break anything if you try it :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

well i hope it is not too late for you. did you run the script under Admin?

- By right click on it then select "Run As Administrator"

- or open a cmd as Administrator and run it?

On 12/1/2017 at 10:42 AM, n0shadowkicck said:
I am trying to install Unlocker 2.10. on my VMware 12 pro using thread link:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/835-unlocker/

I am getting error message:

VMware Unlocker 2.1.0
========================
© Dave Parsons 2011-17
VMware is installed at: D:\VMWarePro12\
Stopping VMware services...
Restoring files...
File not found - *.*
0 File(s) copied
File not found - *.*
0 File(s) copied
Could Not Find D:\VMWarePro12\darwin*.*
Removing backup files...
Starting VMware services...

I see in the thread you mention that I may need to add the darwin.iso, is that what I need to do here? If so, how is that done?

Do you guys think this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/31-vmware-tools-for-os-x-darwiniso/

Will work?

Since I have not been very active on here for a while, I suppose I should let you all know that although Donk and I were in talks about either me or someone else taking over the project, those talks have unfortunately subsided and I haven't heard from him.

1 hour ago, David-B said:

Since I have not been very active on here for a while, I suppose I should let you all know that although Donk and I were in talks about either me or someone else taking over the project, those talks have unfortunately subsided and I haven't heard from him.

I am still around but there was a family medical problem over the end of last year and beginning of this year which meant I had different priorities for awhile. I am still happy to discuss handing it over.

Hi,
I do not know if this is the correct thread to ask.

I run VMware Workstation 14 Pro latest version and latest Unlocker 2.1.1 I downloaded from this site. I run Mac OS High Sierra and all seems to be working fine except video resolution.
Even if Mac OS lists two display resolutions (FullHD and 960x540) I am unable to choose FullHD. Anytime I tried to it shows the FullHD display resolution for 2 seconds and then it goes back to the previous one 960z540

Is there a way to understand if I can set up my display to run at FullHD? I hope pictures I attached helps.
Thanks

Display 01.png

Display 02.png

Display 03.png

@SAngeli:  As desribed here

sudo defaults delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled

and then after restarting virtual machine

sudo /Library/Application\ Support/VMware\ Tools/vmware-resolutionSet 1920 1080

On 8/4/2018 at 11:45 AM, Zenith432 said:

@SAngeli:  As desribed here

sudo defaults delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled

and then after restarting virtual machine

Many thanks. It did work indeed.
I am just curious to understand why vmware tools do not take care of this issue.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:50 PM, namvan said:

@SAngeli you might need to do the below then you could select the Full HD.

On a side note, you might need to remove the HiDPI setting.

as for "you might need to remove the HiDPI setting" I noticed that this was resolved by using the above codes

Now, I only see 1090 x 1080 resolution in display settings.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Balamut said:

Any updates on ESXi 6.7 or still no go?

My test code still works on it. I may go back to this in a month as I am semi-retiring and may have time to pick up the unlocker code once again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Donk said:

My test code still works on it. I may go back to this in a month as I am semi-retiring and may have time to pick up the unlocker code once again.

It most certainly does! 

Made an image of my previous esxi 6.5, updated to 6.7.0 and everything works. Be careful though: read the release notes, certain CPUs  have been deprecated and said CPUs will result in the purple screen of death!

Sterling work dear chap! You are greatly appreciated.

4 minutes ago, El Capitan said:

Sterling work dear chap! You are greatly appreciated.

Thanks. I missed working on it, but family and friends had to take priority.

• Like 5

Using on Workstation 14 pro. The python script is failing to install on Programfiles (x86)\VMware due to a permissions error [errno13]. Temp gave EVERYONE full access to the VMWARE and subfolder but still not working.

Just installed Ubuntu 18.04 and Workstation 14 pro on it.

However Unlocker's lnx-install.sh script failed with 'no module named "six" found'.

Easy to fix: sudo apt install python-pip

and rerun Unlocker's installer.

Voila and my MacOS works fine as as VM. Thanks for a nice product!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem installing the tool within vmware.

I already set HW to 10 and smc.version = "0"

When vmware prompts me to install the tool, I got the error "This operation cannot proceed because your Mac OS guest is using the CD/DVD" ?  If I dont install the tool, my lose my mouse cursor.

ps. I used a highseirra .iso instead of a vm image.

Thanks.

Capture23.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 4:27 PM, adeonir said:

Here, I have problems with mouse. I can move it but can't click.

I'm having the same issue. How solved it?

Host Win10 x64;

VMware-player-14.1.2-8497320

The issue happens in all VMs createds or new.

Unlocker donwloaded from https://github.com/DrDonk/unlocker