[Sell] G4 Cube with optional extras

bofors

22 posts in this topic

SGhipCube800x600.jpg

SOUNDSTICKSII.jpg

While my Cube runs Tiger (and Leopard) just fine, now that I have just built another hackintosh, I no longer have a need for it. Furthermore, this is somewhat of a "collector's item" and frankly I am not a collector.

Price negotiable.

G4 Cube in excellent condition (actual pictures availible):

- 800MHz Sonnet Encore / SST with 2MB L3 cache (and quiet cooling fan): http://www.sonnettech.com/product/encore_stg4.html

- 128 MB RAM.

- 20 GB hard drive.

- Apple USB speakers (by Harman/Kardon).

- Apple mouse.

Options:

- 1.5 GB PC-133 RAM (maximum RAM for Cube).

- 120 GB Maxtor DiamandMax 9 Plus hard drive with 8MB cache (largest internal hard drive for Cube).

- Harman/Kardon USB "SoundSticks" with sub-woofer (designed for the Cube which has no audio jack).

- Apple keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...

The processor upgrade makes a difference in my mind here, I originally paid about $250 for that. I think this base system is worth about $350:

G4 Cube in excellent condition (actual pictures available):

- 800MHz Sonnet Encore / SST with 2 MB DDR L3 cache (and quiet cooling fan): http://www.sonnettech.com/product/encore_stg4.html

- 128 MB RAM.

- 20 GB hard drive.

- Apple USB speakers (by Harman/Kardon).

- Apple mouse.

- Apple keyboard

I am in the Detroit area.

I see that new H/K SoundSticks II are going for $115, but those use a normal speaker jack. But I have the original USB SoundSticks, so they work on a Hackintosh (or Cube which has no audio jack) without an audio driver. This means to me that they are a little better than what you can buy new for some things I do. I am thinking they are worth about $75.

I had been running this Cube with the full 1.5 GB of RAM, but I had extra 128 MB and 256 MB DIMMs that I thought I would offer with the bare Cube. However, upon testing it appears the 256 MB DIMM is bad, so base configuration is now only 128 MB. I still have three 512 MB DIMMs for sale, so more RAM is certainly available here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest DrRick

I forgot to get one of these when Circuit City was closing them out. I'm now looking for one. I know it's a long shot, but is it still around?

Peace,

DrRick

This Cube comes with the original software and documentation from Apple:

pict0004cropko9.jpg

The case is in excellent conditions:

pict0007qk3.jpg

A VGA port-extender is included to adapt VGA cables to the Cube's bottom located port:

pict0009zl6.jpg

I forgot to get one of these when Circuit City was closing them out. I'm now looking for one. I know it's a long shot, but is it still around?

Peace,

DrRick

Yes, I still have it. It comes with 640MB, I gave the rest of the optional memory away.

• 2 weeks later...