IntelHD 4600 Screen Problem

29 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, i want to ask. Why every boot and get in on my laptop home screen has grable or screen crash like this. But the screen will return to normal after sleep and the cursor will getting lag for a moment

Here are the specifications of my laptop:

Core i5 4200m 
Intel hd 4600
Nvidia gtx765m(disable ssdt)
Screen Resolution1920x1080
Audio via vt1082
Clover r4110
Bootargs: -v
Kext : Fakesmc, FakePCIID, AppleBacklightInjektor, voodooPS2, applealc, lilu

Update 29-10-2017: Fixed screen proble

- if you using UEFI boot, enable CSM option. Then change option in "Launch Video OpROM" into legacy only

- place CsmVideoDxe.efi in Driver64UEFI for better clover resolution

post-1986030-0-08015300-1500960940_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have a similar issue (hd 4600 on sierra 12.5), except im on a desktop with dual monitors. The main monitor works fine, but the second one looks like yours. I have the correct id for hd4600 in clover, inject intel, made sure vram was set to 64mb in bios, and changed gfx to igpu in acpi patches, and still.

On a 1920x1080 LCD screen, make sure to set DualLink to 1 in Clover->Graphics section alongside InjectIntel & the Azul layout-id.

I tried that and the same issue persists (second monitor is messed up). I have tried the framebuffer patch (using my layout of dvi, hdmi, dp), hdmi ssdt from toledo script,  am using the correct id for haswell igpu in clover, tried with and without the "change gfx to igpu" patch in clover, tried starting with one monitor and plugging in second after boot (crashes computer), and making dual-link 1. I have tried the 5 or so things that I can find for 4600 dual monitor issues in Sierra.

Hello everyone, i want to ask. Why every boot and get in on my laptop home screen has grable or screen crash like this. But the screen will return to normal after sleep and the cursor will getting lag for a moment

Here are the specifications of my laptop:

Core i5 4200m Intel hd 4600

Nvidia gtx765m(disable ssdt)

Screen Resolution1920x1080

Audio via vt1082

Clover r4110

Bootargs: -v

Kext : Fakesmc, FakePCIID, AppleBacklightInjektor, voodooPS2, applealc, lilu

Did you try pulling the lilu kext? I use it for my Skylake and Kaby Lake builds but not for my Haswell pentium build.

Pentium = Inject Intel, fake Id 0x04128086, or 0x04168086, ig platform ID 0x0d220003. If you download the latest clover configurator app it has many ig platforms to try out just hit the cursor arrow on the side of the window for Ig platform. I've used a few of these and got various results including that screen blizzard. You might just need a different ig config.

@momodding, can you post a zipped copy of your Clover EFI folder?

@pianoguy, the DualLink parameter only applies to laptops... You should create your own thread rather than use this one.

thanks for your attention @Herve

here is my clover folder

Other kext i store inside fakesmc.kext as plugins

CLOVER.zip

Did you try pulling the lilu kext? I use it for my Skylake and Kaby Lake builds but not for my Haswell pentium build.

Pentium = Inject Intel, fake Id 0x04128086, or 0x04168086, ig platform ID 0x0d220003. If you download the latest clover configurator app it has many ig platforms to try out just hit the cursor arrow on the side of the window for Ig platform. I've used a few of these and got various results including that screen blizzard. You might just need a different ig config.

yes. i already pulling lilu. still getting glitches. i inject ig platform and fake pciid inside ssdt. all kext, config.plist, acpi already tested and being used for elcapitan

'had a look at your Clover with Clover Configurator app. Here are my comments:

ACPI section:

You've specified a list of SST tables going from -1 to -9 whereas you don't have a -4 and -5 in your file set. This is an anomaly to me. If the files aren't missing, you should remove the references to them in the Clover list.

CPU section:

Turbo is disabled. Is this wanted?

Devices:

It does not do any harm but you fake HD4600 desktop id 0412 yet you've already injected this in SSDT for IGPU. 

Graphics section:

I think this is where you went wrong: you've ticked "Inject EDID", specified a custom one, ticked "Inject Intel" and specified Azul FB  #12. DualLink parameter is not set. It does not do any harm but here again you've already injected Intel and the required frame buffer in SSDT for IGPU...

Kext & Patches section:

Remove Kernel lapic and Asus AICPUPM; former would only be required if you got a Lapic KP (like HP laptops often experience) and the latter is only for Sandy/Ivy Bridge systems.

Action: to begin with, I would advise you remove your custom EDID, tick off Inject EDID and simply set DualLink to 1. This could then be added to your SSDT for IGPU as an extra parameter to the Device (IGPU) section:
"AAPL00,DualLink",
Buffer ()
{
    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}

Or try the attached revised Clover config.

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

I've revised it. But the problem still exists

when i remove acpi patched and use clover acpi patch the problem has gone

i think my ssdt or dsdt make this problem. but it work fine in el capitan

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hiya all,

I have this issue too, on my laptop, as you can see here.

As with @momodding it goes away after a sleep/wake cycle, however after this, the screen occasionally flickers.

My clover folder can be seen here, with sensitive details removed.

My clover config is all via hotpatching, the source for which is in the ACPI patched folder along with the compiled files.

I am injecting IntelGFX=0x04128086, and ig-platform-id=0x0a260006.

All kexts are injected via Clover currently (albeit CodecCommander, BrcmPatchRam2, and BrcmFirmwareRepo, which are in /L/E).

I did previously try with my kexts in /S/L/E.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, I'm currently stuck so any help is great.

Hiya all,

I have this issue too, on my laptop, as you can see here.

As with @momodding it goes away after a sleep/wake cycle, however after this, the screen occasionally flickers.

My clover folder can be seen here, with sensitive details removed.

My clover config is all via hotpatching, the source for which is in the ACPI patched folder along with the compiled files.

I am injecting IntelGFX=0x04128086, and ig-platform-id=0x0a260006.

All kexts are injected via Clover currently (albeit CodecCommander, BrcmPatchRam2, and BrcmFirmwareRepo, which are in /L/E).

I did previously try with my kexts in /S/L/E.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, I'm currently stuck so any help is great.

is your hdmi port working?

I have the login screen issue where I have to sleep then wake the machine. the solution for me was to reduce my resolution from "1920 x1080" to "1600 x 900"

Do you mean in Clover, or the actual macOS settings?

actual Mac OS display prefpane

Unfortunately I need the full 1080p. Setting resolution in clover to 1024x768 does fix the boot glitch though, just not the flickering.

i had really bad artifacting on GM plus safari freeze.... HS release was a bit better but still had some issues. reinstalling release on top of itself again and building / updating LILU and plugins to trunk ver 1.2 fixed my issues.

why vit9696 has not updated the released binary yet i don't know. i guess he is giving the plugin dev's time to catch up.

i had really bad artifacting on GM plus safari freeze.... HS release was a bit better but still had some issues. reinstalling release on top of itself again and building / updating LILU and plugins to trunk ver 1.2 fixed my issues.

why vit9696 has not updated the released binary yet i don't know. i guess he is giving the plugin dev's time to catch up.

Can u send lilu ver 1.2 and plugins here?

Hiya all,

Finally got a fix!

Ended up swapping to inject ig-platform-id=0x04260000, which has solved all my graphics issues including flickering. HDMI works, except for audio, which I'll work on eventually.

I had to set Clover to 1024x768 in order to solve the graphics glitch though.

EDIT: Got HDMI audio working by injecting a custom HDEF and HDAU SSDT. Very distorted, but that might just be the HDMI -> VGA adaptor.

Edited by zacharyrs

Hiya all,

Finally got a fix!

Ended up swapping to inject ig-platform-id=0x04260000, which has solved all my graphics issues including flickering. HDMI works, except for audio, which I'll work on eventually.

I had to set Clover to 1024x768 in order to solve the graphics glitch though.

EDIT: Got HDMI audio working by injecting a custom HDEF and HDAU SSDT. Very distorted, but that might just be the HDMI -> VGA adaptor.

change ig-platform-id=0x04260000 make my screen blinking

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my HP 17" j120dx working yesterday. HD4600 i7-4700MQ.

You'll need lilu.kext & AppleIntelGraphicsFixup.kext (1.2).

Use Clover 4233 or higher like 4243.

Config.plist:

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>