Skylake-X Testing (i7-7800X i7-7820X i9-7900X)

stinga11

147 posts in this topic

Ok make sure your fake SMC kext doesn't have any plugins.

It's the clean one. If it had any plugins it would KP much later. Besides it's the same EFI folder I've been using for the Gaming 9. So it's really a Asus UEFI thing.

Hey everyone.

For ease of reference, this is my system:

MSI X299 SLI Plus
i7 7800X 6-core 4.0Ghz
MSI Getorce 1050Ti 4Gb
32Gb Corsair DDR4 2400(2x16) Memory
Broadcom BCM4360 Desktop PCIe wifi wireless WLAN Bluetooth BT 4.0 Card to Apple

I'm trying to install High Sierra.

I've managed to go through the entire installation process. Upon reboot, I go into the Clover menu and select to boot from the newly installed OSx drive when I get this message.

I'm officially stuck.

227243-a54b9df40fa5c2ddc5d162679a8a4019.

There's absolutely nothing on the net regarding this error.

I've experimented with 4 different config.plist. They all give me the exact same screen, which tells me the error is caused before it even gets to the plist file.

I'm also trying to get Sierra installed onto another partition in the same system, but it feels like I'm struggling even more on that side, and with High Sierra I'm so close. I will however keep trying to get Sierra up and running and then update to High Sierra if this keeps failing.

I'm attaching my EFI folder if someone would please have a look.
Thanks everyone.

post-2218891-0-48297800-1502780500_thumb.jpg

v2 - HS Install success.zip

@petrikleynhans
I see that you have the same motherboard. Try my settings, though, they do not work perfectly for me, but maybe you will succeed.

Thanks Quadro,

I've given it a run, without changing anything. Good news, I didn't get the kernel error, or the inode thing. :lol:

Bad news - now I'm getting the plus sign freeze, followed by a system reboot.

I'm positive it's a step in the right direction, will try to work the new error out and then take it from there.

PS: could you please just let me know what the rest of your setup is, so I know what differences to look out for. I'm entirely illiterate when it comes to Hackintosh, so I'm very much blind when it comes to the subtleties.

One last thing. I noticed your CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x34 or something. Can you please explain that, it might be the solution?

THanks.

Thanks Quadro,

I've given it a run, without changing anything. Good news, I didn't get the kernel error, or the inode thing. :lol:

Bad news - now I'm getting the plus sign freeze, followed by a system reboot.

I'm positive it's a step in the right direction, will try to work the new error out and then take it from there.

PS: could you please just let me know what the rest of your setup is, so I know what differences to look out for. I'm entirely illiterate when it comes to Hackintosh, so I'm very much blind when it comes to the subtleties.

One last thing. I noticed your CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x34 or something. Can you please explain that, it might be the solution?

THanks.

hi petrikleynhans

im not sure this is good parameter, but i have still reboots. I change it to 0x3, 0x14 with the same result.

HI, this is my system:

Msi x299 tomahawk arthic
i7 7800X
16gb dd4 3000

gtx650X(I plain update)

this is my efi folder,ITS WORKING.

Hey everyone.

For ease of reference, this is my system:

MSI X299 SLI Plus
i7 7800X 6-core 4.0Ghz
MSI Getorce 1050Ti 4Gb
32Gb Corsair DDR4 2400(2x16) Memory
Broadcom BCM4360 Desktop PCIe wifi wireless WLAN Bluetooth BT 4.0 Card to Apple

I'm trying to install High Sierra.

I've managed to go through the entire installation process. Upon reboot, I go into the Clover menu and select to boot from the newly installed OSx drive when I get this message.

I'm officially stuck.

For Fix This You must del from Drivers64Efi all modules ..only leave OsxAptioFix-64.efi,,test2.efi,,VboxHFS-64.efi..thas work for me,,use the refi than I post..

EFI 2.zip

Great!!!!

It's working with back USB connectors.
Thx guys a lot!

post-1496769-0-88856200-1503270373_thumb.jpg

But...
1. System recognizes 3,6 E-5 xeon not 7820x
2. Incompatible nvidia web drivers.
3. Audio drivers not work (realtekALC.kext)

Can you guys install nvidia and Realtek ALC1220 correctly?

• Like 1

hi quadro78:

1-there no support for 7820x on hakintosh,for this uses fakecpuid and recognises as...
2-you must wait to Nvidia web drivers
3-for sound you must use vodoohda latest version 2.9

about sound I think its a dsdt problem..I probe all solutions, no lucky.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

My graphics card is picking up correctly (Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4GB), but it's not USING it. When I run Cinebench, the GFX module shows Apple Software Renderer. I'm also getting heavy lag in general operation and video playback.

Any ideas?

Hey Magsp27,

I think you misunderstand. It's installed. MacOS is recognizing the card in both overview and System Report. It has adjusted the resolution setting, and Cuda is also picking up the card.

But when I run a bench test, it says that it's still using the software accelerator. And watching movies, you can clearly see the lag (looks like poor refresh rates) so the system is not USING the card, even though it is recognizing it.

Hope that makes more sense.

Hi Folks, Ive been following along with is for a while and ended up getting a x299 system to have a bash. 

Im trying to Boot Sierra as i have a gtx 1080

System:

x299 UD4 (Bios F4g)

i9-7900x

Gtx1080

Ive tried one of the clovers  Surfchinas posted as a base as his seemed to be the closest but im now stuck. (see attached image).

Any ideas would be very greatly recieved! ;)

post-2230685-0-28057500-1503483820_thumb.jpg

Hi Folks, Ive been following along with is for a while and ended up getting a x299 system to have a bash.

Im trying to Boot Sierra as i have a gtx 1080

System:

x299 UD4 (Bios F4g)

i9-7900x

Gtx1080

Ive tried one of the clovers Surfchinas posted as a base as his seemed to be the closest but im now stuck. (see attached image).

Any ideas would be very greatly recieved! ;)

surfinchina have Radeon graphic card.

Please use MAGSP27's EFI

surfinchina have Radeon graphic card.

Please use MAGSP27's EFI

I changed his graphics settings in clover configurator and have nv_disable=1 

Ill give Mags a try.... has he already posted somewhere? i had a quucik look and didnt see it. also is it Sierra not High Sierra?

works oob? No additional actions required? VoodooHDA.prefPane goes to ~/Library/PreferencePanes ?

No Rename CAVS to HDEF DSDT Patch? 

Nope buddy,

Only put the kext file to clover/kexts

and double click on prefs ( this is automatically install)

That's all;)

Cheers

analogue audio working! Confirmed  :yes:

But digital Audio via HDMI/DP?

Damn the 10.12.6 web Driver workaround is suddenly not working anymore under 10.13 DP7

Could the missing Nvidia webdriver be the source that I have no audio via HDMI/DP?