P5W DH Deluxe Wifi Driver?

69 posts in this topic

I have not tried getting it to work in macosx since I don't need it yet but I found a funny thing. Since it is on a usb bus, it can be enabled in parallels and made available to the operating system you have running in parallels. So it works for me in Windows on parallels but not in macosx.

In parallels, go to the "Devices" menu, down to "USB" and select "RTL8187_Wireless" then you can install windows drivers for it and get wireless networking from your windows virtual machine.

I wonder if you could then route your macosx network traffic via your windows vm so that your macosx can share the wireless?

Note that if you get a macosx driver working for the wireless, then the above parallels thing might not work because macosx will be using the device. That is my guess anyway.

That driver is worth a try. I had a look at it and it is compiled for ppc so maybe they need to recompile it for intel or universal:

file ./rtl8187.kext/Contents/MacOS/USBNet

./rtl8187.kext/Contents/MacOS/USBNet: Mach-O object ppc

• 5 weeks later...

Emailed them today, and they have finished the driver. They will be testing now, and will release at the end of the month. If they follow through, what a great Christmas present for us Asus users.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your e-mail.

We already finish this program and begin test now.

We expected release it at end of this month.

Regards,

Fred

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
realtek released the driver on their site on 1/13/2007??... or is it 2006??? files inside are dated 2006 too

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...;Downloads=true

BUT...

I have just tested it and it is not working for me. Has anyone had luck with this?

That is the powerpc only driver that was mentioned earlier in this thread and released in 2006. We are still waiting for the intel (or universal) version of this driver.