P5W DH Deluxe Wifi Driver?

69 posts in this topic

yes, lets band all together Asus p5wDH deluxe owners and try to get the remote working, it will be the PERFECT mac clone then....

i have posted about the remote before, there are linux guys using it, we need somone with some talent to help us...

anyone?

Weird.. I can launch the utility and connect to my access point. I start loading a webpage but then after like some 8 seconds it stalls..

Maybe it's USB related? I'm using my keyboard and mouse flawlessly though.

Any ideas?

Same here....

I can connect (full signal and 2 meters from base-station) but after a few seconds the connection is dropped again.

Maybe its something with WPA2 TKIP that i'm using.

Gonna try now with wep security....

BTW: I don't like the utility anyway...choosing ITEM 1 ITEM2 ITEM 3 ?!?! How lame is that....

And also when you want to edit a profile by selecting the profile and then click EDIT, the window

is just empty but see more securty options instead of ITEM 1 2 3

EDIT:

Ok, seems that with WEP security the connection stays up and browsing etc is possible.

Though, if I do a ping in my lan I get DUP! sometimes, no matter what device I ping..

Via ethernet-cable its just all fine.

[My Cisco 4000 router]

64 bytes from 192.168.2.1: icmp_seq=133 ttl=255 time=2.774 ms (DUP!)

64 bytes from 192.168.2.1: icmp_seq=134 ttl=255 time=2.924 ms

[My Asus WL500G AP]

64 bytes from 192.168.2.3: icmp_seq=26 ttl=64 time=2.312 ms (DUP!)

64 bytes from 192.168.2.3: icmp_seq=27 ttl=64 time=1.417 ms

So, Realtek has some work to do I think. Certainly by making the utility better, but also the driver it seems.

BiTRiP

• 4 weeks later...

i can connect without any problems but don 't get a good ip adres

it gives me allways a 169,x.x.x ip

wifi signal secured with WEP key 128 bit

Could that be a problem ??

WORKS NOW :P

Edited the found wifi, then it worked .... ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Hope you can help me

I use WPA2-PSK AES on my router, and I connect fine on Windows.

But on my hackintosh, I have the same problem as the guy above me has: if I use DHCP to assign my IP address, it gives me a 169.x.x.x IP, and I can't connect to the internet.

Even if I manually assign IP addresses I can't connect.

I realize the dude above solved his problem, but he didn't exactly gave a Step-by-step =P

Does anyone know how i can solve this?

Thanks =)

• 3 months later...

hey guys...

i've got jas 10.4.8 with the 10.4.10 update pkg. i've installed the audio & network kexts and the alc882_AppleHDA_v0.4.b. (like it's shown on www.mckill.ca) i've also tried to install "MacOS10.4_Universal_Driver_1.4.5_UI1.4.7.zip" from the realtek site... but the realtek utility is not working.. it just bounces a couple of times. the application is not responding and i have to kill it with "force quit"...

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.10 (8R2218)

Kernel Version: Darwin 8.10.1

the realtek device is not shown in the system profiler... neither under Network nor under USB...

:P:unsure::):wub:

plz help me

I have this driver working a treat, can connect to any network fine, the problem I seem to be having is that everytime I reboot, in the Network Utility the "Ethernet Adaptor (enX)" that it adds increments everytime I reboot or replug?

Any ideas?

Im up to en10 now and wondering if there will ever be an end :(

I have this driver working a treat, can connect to any network fine, the problem I seem to be having is that everytime I reboot, in the Network Utility the "Ethernet Adaptor (enX)" that it adds increments everytime I reboot or replug?

Any ideas?

Im up to en10 now and wondering if there will ever be an end :)

just downloaded, and works fine... use realteck utility

Would one of the people who got their RTL8187(L) working be so kind as to do a step by step setup? Got the realtech utility installed and running, all is fine except I also get the 169... IP, and the orange connection sign. When I fill in my IP's manually I can actuelly get it to switch green but can't connect to the internet. I tried every setting in the router but no luck, I'm missing something here and would love to hear the details of someones succes story.

Appreciate it.

Can anyone tell me if the P5W board's Realtek 8187L card is "usb" or mini pci? I own a p5k-e (which use 8187L mini-pci wifi), and I've tried installing the osx driver for 8187L from Realtek's website, but my system does not find the card after a reboot. I would have thought the two boards use the same wifi, can someone please confirm or provide any suggestions?

Can anyone tell me if the P5W board's Realtek 8187L card is "usb" or mini pci? I own a p5k-e (which use 8187L mini-pci wifi), and I've tried installing the osx driver for 8187L from Realtek's website, but my system does not find the card after a reboot. I would have thought the two boards use the same wifi, can someone please confirm or provide any suggestions?

it is usb.

• 4 weeks later...

Im trying to get to work a netgear wg111 wifi usb dongle. It uses the same chipset, RTL8187. Everything seems fine (the realtek utility is crappy). I can connect to the router but after loading a web page the connection gets stuck. Im still connected to the router but the web pages wont load.

Any solutions for this?, some special settings for the router or something?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I got it working. WPA2-PKS AES seems the only working encription for me. Advance settings: 802.11b , FCC.

• 1 year later...

ok.. drivers working, but i can't connect to my mac via vnc and don't see my iPhone in iTunes when trying to connect via remote app...

suggestions?

screen sharing is enabled and i set password to control with vnc

and firewall is set to allow all incoming connections..