HELP TOPIC - [AMD] macOS Sierra AMD CPU (10.12.x)

spakk

470 posts in this topic

@ Dude6688 Green icon BUG on sierra is present only in Safe mode (-x) not in normal mode kernel is fine for me we have the same CPU don't boot with -x. 

I can confirm it too: current Bronya's kernel is working very well in normal booting mode, only booted in Safe mode will get glitchy icons as at 10.11.x for FX CPUs.

Did you merge the framework files from bronya with the old ones or did you replace?

Mine is replace instead of merge and working perfectly now.

I describe my steps, I hoping it will help you and for create a todo list.

I proceeded in this way (I've used a internal partition for installer in same hdd):

- use a Pandora's Box for create the usb installer from 10.12

- use Disk Utility for create 10GB partition, restore it usb installer created with pandora

- copy Bronya kernel on /System/Library/Kernels

- merge IOKit.framework, System.framework and Kernel.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks

- delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext, pmtelemetry.kext and AppleTyMCEdriver.kext from /System/Library/Extentions

- copy System.kext from Bronya kernel tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy latest versions of FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagment and GeneralUSBXHCI to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy all kext in USBFix v3 (Shaneee version - look in amd development) tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy PlatformSupport.plist in System/Library/CoreServices

- install and configure Clover on HDD

- repair permission and regenerate cache

- reboot and choose Sierra Installer partition on Clover

The installation has shown some xpc loop but has properly started.

Subsequently (after sierra installation):

- start the system with other osx (In my case, El Capitan).

- copy Bronya kernel on /System/Library/Kernels

- merge IOKit.framework, System.framework and Kernel.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks

- delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext, pmtelemetry.kext and AppleTyMCEdriver.kext from /System/Library/Extentions

- copy System.kext from Bronya kernel tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy latest versions of FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagment and GeneralUSBXHCI to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy all kext in USBFix v3 (Shaneee version - look in amd development) tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy PlatformSupport.plist in System/Library/CoreServices

- repair permission and regenerate cache

- reboot and choose Sierra partition on Clover

Enjoy!

Did you get it to work on 10.12.1 with those steps?

Okay, so I got macOS Sierra to install on my system but when I try to boot into it I get this.  If you want to see everything I tried, here is a link to my thread on the AMD-OSX forum: http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=810

Here is what I have been getting when I boot with the kernel flags: "nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 CsrActiveConfig=103": http://imgur.com/a/6pMuT

As you can see in the picture, a spinning beach ball does show up which leads me to believe that I am very close to getting it to boot up correctly.

Hello, OSx86 Developers from Insanelymac forum! Sorry for my bad English - I am from Russia... I tried to install Mac OS X Sierra following your instructions. I tested your kernels. Only the newest kernel (kernel 10.12 beta opemu rc1) work without panic, but it has one problem on my both CPUs AMD A6-6400K & A8-7410 (please look at my photo). I cannot boot installer. I use Enoch bootloader, Clover wrote "ATHR: unknown locate 802c" millions of times.post-1777984-0-62835100-1479404263_thumb.jpg

Shaneee, I tried to use this bootflag. But it didn't help me. I've got an error from first image. So I decided to replace frameworks, not to merge. And I've got an error from second image. If I try to use Clover, I got OsxAptipFixDrv error.

post-1777984-0-99741900-1479476629_thumb.jpg

post-1777984-0-47913900-1479476650_thumb.jpg

I tried to use your instructions, but with no result( Besides I have tried some boot flags. I think that this kernel does not support my CPU. Could you recommend any books, manuals, sites, etc. on kernel patching? I'd like to learn to modificate kernels. Thank you.